Cancellations

wesport

Yup, got the email this AM too.  The 2022 fares for equivalent itineraries have been increased, so rebooking at your prior fare looks to be a 15-20% savings at this time for 1-3 week cruises, Maybe more for World Cruisers.  That appears to be inline with what seabourn told me prior to cancellation.  I'm satisfied with those savings.  On a 30K cruise, that a significant chunk of coin 🙂

59 minutes ago, sunshineocean13 said:

Sadly, our September 25 Amsterdam to Rome cruise was cancelled. We were expecting it. Now looking at our options for rebooking.

That one is a back-to-back:  AMS-BCN-Rome.  Did they cancel the 2nd leg (Barcelona to Rome) starting on Oct 9th as well?

11 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

That one is a back-to-back:  AMS-BCN-Rome.  Did they cancel the 2nd leg (Barcelona to Rome) starting on Oct 9th as well?

We booked it as a 21 day, not a back to back. I know there are lots of segments of many cruises. Right now the October 9th sailing is the first listed for the Sojourn.

Wonder why Sojourn is pushed out several weeks further than Encore when they’re both in the Med?  Also wonder if all cruise lines will have to be cancelling ships scheduled to sail for the same timeframe and areas?  Makes me wary of putting deposits on late October cruise on HAL from Venice to Fort Lauderdale.  😕

4 hours ago, zelker said:

Wonder why Sojourn is pushed out several weeks further than Encore when they’re both in the Med? 

Since Sojourn is in Northern Europe in August/September, my guess is that region is the area of concern for Seabourn.  The voyages for both ships in Southern Europe are not cancelled yet.  That implies that Seabourn is more optimistic about Southern Europe, at least optimistic enough not to cancel so early in advance.

Edited by sfvoyage

Not sure what you're looking at but on Seabourn's website, Sojourn is not in Northern Europe in August/September ... it's not scheduled to be anywhere until early October out of Barcelona and doing the Med before it does the TA, etc.  Encore's first cruise is in early September out of Civitavecchia, also doing the Med.  Ovation also doing the Med, starting in July.  

Just now, zelker said:

Not sure what you're looking at but on Seabourn's website, Sojourn is not in Northern Europe in August/September ... it's not scheduled to be anywhere until early October out of Barcelona and doing the Med before it does the TA, etc.  Encore's first cruise is in early September out of Civitavecchia, also doing the Med.  Ovation also doing the Med, starting in July.  

You're not seeing what Sojourn had scheduled for July, August and September because those were the cancelled itineraries. They were available to purchase until a few days ago. Those itineraries were in northern Europe. We were scheduled to leave on September 25 from Amsterdam, heading down west coast of France, Portugal, to Med for some Spain, France and Italy before disembarking in Rome on October 16. This was the last cruise cancelled, although the last week of our cruise is now the first week available on Sojourn.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Philandher said:

Has anybody been notified yet as to the options being offered for the cancelled cruises?

Yes, the options were listed in the emailed letter we received from Seabourn. Transfer to one of the Greek summer cruises, with any special promotions/perks, etc. protected; transfer to a "comparable" summer 2022 cruise (with a chart listing the cancelled cruise and what is considered to be the comparable cruises) at the 2021 pricing; transfer any of the amount you've already paid, up to the cruise base fare, at a 110% FCC to any other Seabourn voyage; or request a refund. There's a link to a form to fill out for your request, but I just called our cruise consultant and worked with her for rebooking. I think if we'd wanted a refund, I would have needed to do the form, as I did when the 2020 World Cruise was cut in half.

36 minutes ago, sunshineocean13 said:

Yes, the options were listed in the emailed letter we received from Seabourn. Transfer to one of the Greek summer cruises, with any special promotions/perks, etc. protected; transfer to a "comparable" summer 2022 cruise (with a chart listing the cancelled cruise and what is considered to be the comparable cruises) at the 2021 pricing; transfer any of the amount you've already paid, up to the cruise base fare, at a 110% FCC to any other Seabourn voyage; or request a refund. There's a link to a form to fill out for your request, but I just called our cruise consultant and worked with her for rebooking. I think if we'd wanted a refund, I would have needed to do the form, as I did when the 2020 World Cruise was cut in half.

Thanks for that, we will just have to wait for our agent to contact us!