P&O Australia have cancelled some cruises up to December 2021.

This popped up on FB earlier so I went and had a look on their website. Here's the clip about it:

"At P&O Cruises Australia the health, safety and well-being of our guests, our loyal crew and the communities we visit is our top priority. As we continue to take guidance from international & local government authorities, public health experts and the broader community, we have implemented a temporary pause in operations for all departures on and before 30 July 2021.

We are also cancelling a selection of additional cruises between August and December 2021."

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way of seeing a list of affected cruises but those that have a booking can enter their booking ref to see if their cruise is affected

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I've just had a bit of a geez, and I suspect that it's most of the NZ & South Pacifc (or other international destinations departing Aus/NZ) cruises that have been cancelled. I looked for all cruises leaving from August, and I couldn't see anything going to SP until Mid-November, with more popping up in December and high frequency from Jan. Nothing for NZ until late December early Jan. 

In some ways I hope that this is actually good news indicating that there might be some progress/developments in the works for Aus only cruises restarting in the next few months, with a goal of SP & NZ cruises beginning December/Jan. I could see available  itineraries leaving from September for NZ that also originated in NZ only visiting NZ ports which supports this theory.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t think you will be going that cruise.

We hope you are wrong because if Royal don’t come here in October or November they may not come here for a short season till April 

25 minutes ago, rkmw said:

We hope you are wrong because if Royal don’t come here in October or November they may not come here for a short season till April 

They may still come here but not necessarily to do the NZ runs, possibly just Australian domestic cruising.

28 minutes ago, rkmw said:

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They may still come here but not necessarily to do the NZ runs, possibly just Australian domestic cruising.

Sorry I think you are both flogging a dead horse.

No ships 2021-2022

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

No ships 2021-2022

You may be right but I'm not giving up hope until I see the cancellation schedule.

Anyway I thought you said RCI was coming to Brisbane later this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

No ships 2021-2022

You must think positive that we’ll get the ships later this year otherwise if it’s 2 years since they can sail again how many cruise lines will disappear and not stay afloat and how many jobs will get affected 

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You may be right but I'm not giving up hope until I see the cancellation schedule.

Same. I can’t say that I am surprised that international destinations have/will be cancelled until ~the end of the year. However if a few solid months of local cruises get going domestically in Aus & NZ with little to no incident then I don’t see why it would be completely unrealistic to get cruising going with safe countries. And I really can’t see why there would be an incident. We have next to no covid here, solid tracing teams, and over-reactive state governments chucking us into lockdown at the meet whiff of infection in the community squashing any chance that international arrivals will cause a local issue. And after all, we already have a travel bubble with NZ. South Pacific is a little shaker I think. They are doing fairly well with infection numbers, and they’ll be keener to get the tourism dollars, but no idea what that medical capabilities are like there should an (extremely unlikely) outbreak occur. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They want to bring their Covid proof ship Quantam in November.

But look at India setting records and Japan is having a 4th wave.

Things aren’t much get better.

I want to get on a ship as bad as anyone but I can’t see this 21-22 season happen.

1 hour ago, rkmw said:

You must think positive that we’ll get the ships later this year otherwise if it’s 2 years since they can sail again how many cruise lines will disappear and not stay afloat and how many jobs will get affected 

How can you think positive with a totally negative government.

If they are still in business they will be desperate for money.

26 minutes ago, VanessaNJ said:

Same. I can’t say that I am surprised that international destinations have/will be cancelled until ~the end of the year. However if a few solid months of local cruises get going domestically in Aus & NZ with little to no incident then I don’t see why it would be completely unrealistic to get cruising going with safe countries. And I really can’t see why there would be an incident. We have next to no covid here, solid tracing teams, and over-reactive state governments chucking us into lockdown at the meet whiff of infection in the community squashing any chance that international arrivals will cause a local issue. And after all, we already have a travel bubble with NZ. South Pacific is a little shaker I think. They are doing fairly well with infection numbers, and they’ll be keener to get the tourism dollars, but no idea what that medical capabilities are like there should an (extremely unlikely) outbreak occur. 

Welcome to cruise critic Vanessa.

Over reacting government it spot on.

We could have cruises up and down our coast. The science is there because Singapore has had two ships operating since the start of November without a case.

But the way these clowns bungled Ruby Princess they don’t want to give there self a second time.

• Like 1

Did a little search - looks like it’s JUST the P&O Aus New Zealand cruises cancelled from end July 21 to late Dec 21.

This is very sad if true  …… 😢

Edited by Porky55

21 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Did a little search - looks like it’s JUST the P&O Aus New Zealand cruises cancelled from end July 21 to late Dec 21.

P&O cancellations include the seven-day itinerary from Brisbane to Noumea and Vila.

There seems to be another wave of panic.

Suspected cases in NSW ,a plane load of suspected cases flew from Perth to Melbourne.  Perth in lockdown.

Another record set in India, something like a person dying every couple of minutes.

Its far from over.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

I came across on the P&O site where cruises have been cancelled up till September 17th https://www.pocruises.com.au/news-centre/notices-advisories/updated-cancellationcancellation but I couldn’t find anything else up till December 2021

9 minutes ago, rkmw said:

I came across on the P&O site where cruises have been cancelled up till September 17th https://www.pocruises.com.au/news-centre/notices-advisories/updated-cancellationcancellation but I couldn’t find anything else up till December 2021

From their website - P&O Cancellations 

At P&O Cruises Australia the health, safety and well-being of our guests, our loyal crew and the communities we visit is our top priority. As we continue to take guidance from international & local government authorities, public health experts and the broader community, we have implemented a temporary pause in operations for all departures on and before 30 July 2021.

We are also cancelling a selection of additional cruises between August and December 2021.

Leigh