Oceania current policy on private shore excursions vs ship’s excursions?

Funbrit

25 minutes ago, jeno said:

I’m sorry.  I just can’t find that number in this document.  I can’t believe I’m missing it. 

On occasion, short cruises will not have YWYW or you may have an early version of the PDF before the minimum was established. Call O abd ask for the number and the latest PDF.

2 hours ago, jeno said:

Interesting that Your World Collection package is only mentioned under the cancellation section.  I will call.  Thanks! 

you can scroll down on the page   to Shore excursion packages  then click on YWC  for the description of the package

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value

When you log into your account  & click excursions it should show the minimum number required

On 4/28/2021 at 8:41 AM, mauibabes said:

At least this is some positive information after the NCLH announcement this morning.  Maybe there will be more to be shared soon as I understand there is a Webinar scheduled for Travel Agents on Friday afternoon with the VP’s. 

Very interesting about the NCL tour policy. EU vs CDC policies so since any sailings coming soon are not subject to the CDC guidelines, I guess the ball is in each countries court for specific requirements. 

Thanks for the link so I could take a look at the full policies. 

On 4/28/2021 at 8:36 AM, patty1955 said:

Lots of great info here! Most important detail I picked up " according to protocols in each specific port" So they aren't saying no, but the country might.

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

Things have changed yet again, according to Oceania you no longer have to do ships tours and may do independent tours..

Jancruz1

The entire world is changing from day to day ... Oceania is merely adjusting to these changes and will continue to do so as necessary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigmjh said:

The entire world is changing from day to day ... Oceania is merely adjusting to these changes and will continue to do so as necessary.

and this is why stating that someone should not have booked a cruise for next November because a country is not accepting tourist, has restrictions for entering, etc. today is totally irrelevant and not helpful.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, basor said:

and this is why stating that someone should not have booked a cruise for next November because a country is not accepting tourist, has restrictions for entering, etc. today is totally irrelevant and not helpful.  

...sort of....

I agree with the efficacy of Oceania’s doing the fairly regular monthly “trip advisories” (link on the O web front page), which announces cancellation 2-3 months forward (regardless of the situations “in-country” on one’s itinerary).

However, CC posters providing credible intel about current in-country events/decisions and the probable future of tourism policies/practices (that are not easily changed), may help us all see the bigger picture of a planned trip in its entirety.

Example: We had an OZ/NZ cruise booked for January-February 2021, which O had to cancel.

We moved it to same time 2022. But, based on multiple credible tourism et al. sources in both countries regarding CURRENT intel about the first quarter of 2022, we recently traded that cruise for a totally different itinerary closer to home. 

And, the three main reasons why we “jumped ship” (before any O cancellation announcement) were:

1.) Among the trusted intel we had was university exec colleagues sharing a studied/difficult decision (based on their own trusted gov’t intel) that international students are barred from reentering OZ until almost the second quarter of 2022 (and that does not bode well for other international travelers - particularly cruisers).

2.) Airline policies were/are in a constant state of flux. Bizclass SFO-SYD prices have skyrocketed (in itself a reason to cancel). But, the future of current “no change fees” is uncertain. Thus, “buy early vs wait” is a two edged sword. Kind words to higher status FF phone reps may get some unpublished intel. But, even then, flying closer to home takes more money off the gambling table.

3.) With each notice of a group of O future cancellations, alternate future cabin availability shrinks as folks rebook. Being ahead of the game by making an informed decision (based in part on the current O Travelers Assurance Program in effect) to trade future cruises ahead of the crowd means more flexibility in both cruise selection AND the likelihood that any necessary redeposited FCC deadline extensions will be granted is better for folks “at the front of the line.”

8 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

...sort of....

I agree with the efficacy of Oceania’s doing the fairly regular monthly “trip advisories” (link on the O web front page), which announces cancellation 2-3 months forward (regardless of the situations “in-country” on one’s itinerary).

However, CC posters providing credible intel about current in-country events/decisions and the probable future of tourism policies/practices (that are not easily changed), may help us all see the bigger picture of a planned trip in its entirety.

Example: We had an OZ/NZ cruise booked for January-February 2021, which O had to cancel.

We moved it to same time 2022. But, based on multiple credible tourism et al. sources in both countries regarding CURRENT intel about the first quarter of 2022, we recently traded that cruise for a totally different itinerary closer to home. 

And, the three main reasons why we “jumped ship” (before any O cancellation announcement) were:

1.) Among the trusted intel we had was university exec colleagues sharing a studied/difficult decision (based on their own trusted gov’t intel) that international students are barred from reentering OZ until almost the second quarter of 2022 (and that does not bode well for other international travelers - particularly cruisers).

2.) Airline policies were/are in a constant state of flux. Bizclass SFO-SYD prices have skyrocketed (in itself a reason to cancel). But, the future of current “no change fees” is uncertain. Thus, “buy early vs wait” is a two edged sword. Kind words to higher status FF phone reps may get some unpublished intel. But, even then, flying closer to home takes more money off the gambling table.

3.) With each notice of a group of O future cancellations, alternate future cabin availability shrinks as folks rebook. Being ahead of the game by making an informed decision (based in part on the current O Travelers Assurance Program in effect) to trade future cruises ahead of the crowd means more flexibility in both cruise selection AND the likelihood that any necessary redeposited FCC deadline extensions will be granted is better for folks “at the front of the line.”

I totally agree with your comments but unfortunately many of the "naysayers" replying with negative comments about someone booking a cruise for late 2021 are not using "in country intel". It is very helpful for someone to post that they have family/friends in a particular country and the friends/family  believe that this country will be in this situation later this year.  The naysayers are the same people who were telling people as little as 2 weeks ago that cruising is terrible and they will not book a cruise because you will be onboard with people not vaccinated, you will not be allowed off the ship without paying for Oceania high priced excursions (another price gouging Oceania policy that Oceania is using to subsidize it financial situation), etc.

As the World evolves so does Oceania .....the best policy is to book the cruise you are comfortable with and make an informed decision when it is time to make final payment based on the World situation where you will be cruising and Oceania's stated policies at that time,.  That also means that others on CC not belittle someone for making a decision that is not the same as theirs.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, basor said:

I totally agree with your comments but unfortunately many of the "naysayers" replying with negative comments about someone booking a cruise for late 2021 are not using "in country intel". It is very helpful for someone to post that they have family/friends in a particular country and the friends/family  believe that this country will be in this situation later this year.  The naysayers are the same people who were telling people as little as 2 weeks ago that cruising is terrible and they will not book a cruise because you will be onboard with people not vaccinated, you will not be allowed off the ship without paying for Oceania high priced excursions (another price gouging Oceania policy that Oceania is using to subsidize it financial situation), etc.

As the World evolves so does Oceania .....the best policy is to book the cruise you are comfortable with and make an informed decision when it is time to make final payment based on the World situation where you will be cruising and Oceania's stated policies at that time,.  That also means that others on CC not belittle someone for making a decision that is not the same as theirs.

Plus 1

Jancruz1