Splendor room choice. 1211 vs 609

jschoch

5 minutes ago, jschoch said:

Trying to decide between limited rooms left on the splendor. 1211 is by the elevator and on the sports deck. 609 is by elevator but may quieter.  Which is a better choice   Thanks 

We had 609 on the sister ship, the Explorer, and absolutely loved it.  So convenient for going to lounges, dining room, shops, etc.  No need for elevator rides.  It also has a much deeper balcony than 1211.  

4 hours ago, jschoch said:

Trying to decide between limited rooms left on the splendor. 1211 is by the elevator and on the sports deck. 609 is by elevator but may quieter.  Which is a better choice   Thanks 

Do know that 1211 is directly above the Culinary Arts Kitchen, which seems to stay rather busy with prep for classes, the classes themselves and cleaning up, etc.  That could make for noise problems.  Also, the door to the outside deck area from the hallway on deck 12 is right where 1211's front door is located.  Can get a bit busy there at times, so be careful when you open your door.  

6 hours ago, jschoch said:

I will look into 608 or 609

Take a look at the SuiteGuru reviews for 608 & 609 on Explorer; as Splendor & Explorer are virtually identical in layout.

You may experience noise from the lifeboat winches below if you are in a tender port; but still preferable to 1211 with the possibility of noise from the Culinary Kitchen/people accessing the Pool Deck.

We were booked in 860 on Splendor for September 2021, and having limited choices when rebooking, we think we have 615 booked for September 2022. We were near the elevator on 860 on Voyager for over a month previously and couldn't hear it, so I'm good with 615, and 608/609 should be OK. In our condo, we live further much further from the elevator, and I can hear it during the night.

I'm also prone to sea sickness, and and deck 12 could be a problem for me.