CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Lovely area -- I love their beaches -- much nicer than ours.  You must be further north close to the Alabama line. 

But still only 45 minutes away from the beach.

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I had my kitchen and bathroom remodeled last March and April.  No one wore a mask and I had a lot of people coming and going.  I guess each area of the country is different.

You are very fortunate that you did not get sick.My best friend was to be interviewed for a person making a documentary on his life.The meeting was outdoors.Neither person wore a mask.My friend died from Covid 3 weeks later.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

You are very fortunate that you did not get sick.My best friend was to be interviewed for a person making a documentary on his life.The meeting was outdoors.Neither person wore a mask.My friend died from Covid 3 weeks later.

So sorry for your loss. It's a big mystery why some people that are equally exposed get it and some never do.  

1 minute ago, TYMAN said:

Won't be that far once our bridges are repaired. 😉

That is so true.  LOL  We usually go to Navarre.  Pretty much a straight shot and a very nice beach.  I do want to take my dog to the dog beach sometime this summer.

3 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Nice -- the panhandle beaches IMHO are among the finest I've seen and I've been to many beaches in my lifetime.  

Totally agree there.  Clear aquamarine color water, super fine white "powdered sugar" sand.  IMHO, indeed the most beautiful beaches in the world...even Hawaii.  😉 

• Like 3

Just now, Keksie said:

That is so true.  LOL  We usually go to Navarre.  Pretty much a straight shot and a very nice beach.  I do want to take my dog to the dog beach sometime this summer.

That's where we go.....then stop at Juana's Pagados for a frosty beverage afterwards....

• Like 2

Just now, TYMAN said:

That's where we o.....then stop at Juana's Pagados for a frosty beverage afterwards....

Hi Bill!!   We traded going up your way for the fall season this year in the motorhome.. never had a chance to book the land yacht into sites for our usual spring 2021 season.  But we did drive my lil' Ford over for three weeks last Fall.  St. George Island, and Santa Rosa Beach.  🙂 

27 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Not in my area, I am not in the villages.  I live in North West Florida 20 minutes from the nearest town.  Just got back from the store and probably 50% or more of the shoppers did not wear a mask.  Even some of the employees had their masks down under their noses.  

I noticed that lately here in central Florida as well.  Even our big Super Walmart does not even have a "must wear mask" sign up any longer.  Indeed half of the customers were not wearing one, and some of the employees were wearing "chin straps".  

Our local Aldi is adamant you wear a mask though.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hi Bill!!   We traded going up your way for the fall season this year in the motorhome.. never had a chance to book the land yacht into sites for our usual spring 2021 season.  But we did drive my lil' Ford over for three weeks last Fall.  St. George Island, and Santa Rosa Beach.  🙂 

You were close, but not close enough. Ha! Hoping we get to have a beverage together before 2021 ends.....ugh.

Just now, TYMAN said:

You were close, but not close enough. Ha! Hoping we get to have a beverage together before 2021 ends.....ugh.

Me too!!  Your bro Bucky says "Hey dude"!  😉   I can't remember...are we sailing with you on Harmony end of the year?  So many cancelled, I can't keep track any longer.  😞 

Gosh I hope we finally get to go!!  

And to keep on subject....no problem wearing a mask on the ship for us.  Just need to cut a hole for the straw for my wine.  😄 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Me too!!  Your bro Bucky says "Hey dude"!  😉   I can't remember...are we sailing with you on Harmony end of the year?  So many cancelled, I can't keep track any longer.  😞 

And to keep on subject....no problem wearing a mask on the ship for us.  Just need to cut a hole for the straw for my wine.  😄 

Yep Harmony. Hugs to Bucky! No problem with Mask here.....walking out of hospital now, and taking it off. Time for a vino. 

• Like 1

And there is this MIT research that questions just how effective the 6-ft distancing measure really is.  https://www.pnas.org/content/118/17/e2018995118.  Very technical and I’ll admit I’m relying mostly on the summary comments.  The technical details are more than I can or want to handle.  

The authors present the idea that one could contract the virus from someone who sneezes 30, 40, 50 feet away from you.  Of course, the closer one is, the greater the likelihood of contracting the disease.

There’s much more to this virus.  Why do essentially 30-40 year olds contract and then die in short order, while 80 year-olds contract it and show few symptoms?  I just have to believe that at some time or another I was near someone who had the virus and who was no it wearing a mask.  Runners on a trail I was hiking.  In a restaurant.  In North Dakota at a time when very few were wearing masks.  IOW, odds are that I probably should have contracted the virus, but didn’t.

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Don't know about your area, the Villages right?,  but here in So Fl masks are required to go inside any store. 

It is Coffeebean that lives in The Villages. NY transplant

49 minutes ago, island lady said:

Totally agree there.  Clear aquamarine color water, super fine white "powdered sugar" sand.  IMHO, indeed the most beautiful beaches in the world...even Hawaii.  😉 

My fave is Cape San Blas...gotta love that quartz sand, squeeky under your toes....mmmmmm

33 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

odds are that I probably should have contracted the virus, but didn’t.

Both my brothers had it, one in Florida died with it, we were never around him.  The one I live within 100 ft of and his wife got it, just  a few symptoms, not bad at all and around Christmas we were all in the same Prius together in Branson MO, no masks looking at the lights, singing carols and laughing for several hrs, 5 of us including my 91 yr old mom, nobody else got sick...go figure.  That was on a Wednesday, he tested positive Friday. 

We started building our new home in January last year and for 9 months workers came and went, nobody had a mask on at all.  None of us got sick. Not one worker.  The only time we wore them was if we went into town to WalMart or Lowes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I think some people that are driving very short distances don't want the hassle of taking it off only to have to put it back on in just a few minutes -- I hope this is the case and that they are not driving long distances by themselves with masks on.

Case and point. We were out shopping going store to store. My wife told me to take my mask off in the car because I look like and idiot. Well I was an idiot because I walked into the supermarket no mask and an employee had to give me one.  I was so embarrassed. This was just last week.  I had it hanging off one ear while in the car for the rest of our shopping trip which looked even worse.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, island lady said:

LOL -- they sell the Happy Hour masks with a hole to drink through.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 5.00.37 PM.png

• Like 1