CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The announcement was a joke. If you are vaccinated you can go for a walk or ride your bike without a mask. Vaccine demand has dropped off so they now say that if you get vaccinated it is ok to go maskless doing activites that were perfectly safe to do from the beginning with no vaccine. It truly is pathetic.

I guess it really and truly means I can have that very small 4th of July party this year with other vaccinated people.  I'm so relieved to know that can happen.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, mek said:

I guess it really and truly means I can have that very small 4th of July party this year with other vaccinated people.  I'm so relieved to know that can happen.

Yes -- something is something.  They are careful to err on the conservative side as some might take any relaxation of guidance as a license to do whatever they want.  We'll get there eventually -- one day at a time.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mek said:

You could have had one last July 4th w/ unvaccinated people - like we did.  

If someone breaks wind in an elevator the scent lingers... if someone does the same outside its like it never even happened.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

If someone breaks wind in an elevator the scent lingers... if someone does the same outside its like it never even happened.  

Is that what the "Emergency" button in the elevator is for?

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

I guess I am going to have to find more people to invite this year.  I like to keep ahead of the guidance.  

• Haha 2

The real question here, at least for these boards, is how does this announcement relate to the CDC’s stance on cruising from US ports.  With almost 100 million of us fully vaccinated, they FINALLY say VACCINATED people can go maskless OUTSIDE and gather OUTSIDE in small groups.  Stats show that be breakthrough  infections for fully vaccinated people are extremely rare. The CDC and White House apparently want to keep this crisis going as long as possible. I would not book a cruise from a US port for a while.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mek said:

We will have a bigger party, 15 of us at least and we live on a mountain 20 miles from the nearest city and at least a mile from the nearest neighbor, we can see 360* around our valley and we have a star party every 4th, we can see tons of fireworks from our perch.  We have dealt with covid on a close and personal basis and we are over it, philosophically and physically.  All of us have been vaccinated and we will all be bare faced and lovin it!  And we are huggers too! 😛

By the way, I used my common sense to make that decision and I think it's sound, no matter what the "Government" says.  Make that "or anyone else".

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We will have a bigger party, 15 of us at least and we live on a mountain 20 miles from the nearest city and at least a mile from the nearest neighbor, we can see 360* around our valley and we have a star party every 4th, we can see tons of fireworks from our perch.  We have dealt with covid on a close and personal basis and we are over it, philosophically and physically.  All of us have been vaccinated and we will all be bare faced and lovin it!  And we are huggers too! 😛

By the way, I used my common sense to make that decision and I think it's sound, no matter what the "Government" says.  Make that "or anyone else".

Going to a graduation party in 3 weeks.  Will be hundreds there maskless and most not vaccinated.

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Not sure you understood - I was being sarcastic.

• Like 1

Lots of folks will be traveling on planes this summer,  no vaccine required, packed in like sardines and yet cruise ships can’t get back to work.  On a plane the socially distance thing goes right out the window.  Masks required but you can remove to eat and drink. We have flown once during the pandemic pre vaccine.  We were careful, used masks, shields and didn’t remove our mask to eat or drink on a 3 hour flight.  We were fine.  Let cruises resume with vaccinated folks and move on.  

We never have worn mask outside unless in a crowded area.  If I was walking in Manhattan I would have and I did on Deval street in Key West but here in the burbs of Dallas it’s laughable.  Fresh air is good for you! Again common sense people of America! 

I’m getting a bit tired of being told what to by people who want to protect us from ourselves.  I’m honestly smart enough to figure this out on my own and control my own health care.  Guidelines and suggestions are fine.  Thankfully our governor has opened our state up.  I have made some choices of things to do and not to do based on my health, vaccine status and common sense.

Get ships sailing again. Let the people choose if they want to take the risk with other vaccinated people.  Let’s get on with life.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, BND said:

I also saw a story yesterday that studies are showing vaccinated people do not spread the virus.

And just think of a vaccinated passenger cruising on a ship with all its passengers AND crew vaccinated.  The cruise ban is illogical, even ports are opening up to allow vaccinated tourists to enter.

The C.D.C and Falsey will have us wearing 2 masks and a diving helmet until 2025.

• Effective May 1, 2021, visitors travelling to The Bahamas from other countries who are fully vaccinated and have passed the two-week immunity period will be exempted from COVID-19 testing requirements for entry and inter-island travel.

In November we have a 7 day cruise from Cape Liberty to Florida then CoCo Cay and Nassau.  The Anthem is currently sailing in Europe.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM ????

dive.jpg

Edited by boscobeans

Well the CIC said tonight that once you are vaccinated you are fully protected, yet the clowns were wearing masks and where spread way apart. They took glee in doing elbow bumps that we are supposed to cough and sneeze into.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2021 at 10:06 AM, DCGuy64 said:

Ditto, although I will give praise where it's due: the vaccine rollout has been incredible. I'd venture to say our vaccine rollout has been better than Canada, the UK and Europe. That's quite a feat.

thanks to operation warp speed.  Truly amazing that we are this far.  Im glad this administration did not mess with the distribution and let it roll out.  Easiest thing they had to do.  And its probably the only thing they did that I liked which was no interfering with state vaccine rollout.

• Like 8

On 4/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, Ocean Boy said:

The announcement was a joke. If you are vaccinated you can go for a walk or ride your bike without a mask. Vaccine demand has dropped off so they now say that if you get vaccinated it is ok to go maskless doing activites that were perfectly safe to do from the beginning with no vaccine. It truly is pathetic.

My guess is that people quit masking outdoors, and the govt had to catch up and "grant permission" in order not to look ludicrous.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

My guess is that people quit masking outdoors, and the govt had to catch up and "grant permission" in order not to look ludicrous.

They are behind again.  The Florida Surgeon General has said that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear masks or avoid crowds.  

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 3:15 PM, Keksie said:

I had my kitchen and bathroom remodeled last March and April.  No one wore a mask and I had a lot of people coming and going.  I guess each area of the country is different.

You must be joking. Were you even aware there was a global pandemic?

On 4/26/2021 at 3:15 PM, Keksie said:

I had my kitchen and bathroom remodeled last March and April.  No one wore a mask and I had a lot of people coming and going.  I guess each area of the country is different.

I'm in Central Florida and I would not let anyone in our home for anything other than an emergency back then.

On 4/26/2021 at 3:53 PM, ILCTCRUISER said:

And there is this MIT research that questions just how effective the 6-ft distancing measure really is.  https://www.pnas.org/content/118/17/e2018995118.  Very technical and I’ll admit I’m relying mostly on the summary comments.  The technical details are more than I can or want to handle.  

The authors present the idea that one could contract the virus from someone who sneezes 30, 40, 50 feet away from you.  Of course, the closer one is, the greater the likelihood of contracting the disease.

There’s much more to this virus.  Why do essentially 30-40 year olds contract and then die in short order, while 80 year-olds contract it and show few symptoms?  I just have to believe that at some time or another I was near someone who had the virus and who was no it wearing a mask.  Runners on a trail I was hiking.  In a restaurant.  In North Dakota at a time when very few were wearing masks.  IOW, odds are that I probably should have contracted the virus, but didn’t.

Are you referring to Covid? That statement seems backwards to me.

On 4/26/2021 at 4:33 PM, BecciBoo said:

Both my brothers had it, one in Florida died with it, we were never around him.  The one I live within 100 ft of and his wife got it, just  a few symptoms, not bad at all and around Christmas we were all in the same Prius together in Branson MO, no masks looking at the lights, singing carols and laughing for several hrs, 5 of us including my 91 yr old mom, nobody else got sick...go figure.  That was on a Wednesday, he tested positive Friday. 

We started building our new home in January last year and for 9 months workers came and went, nobody had a mask on at all.  None of us got sick. Not one worker.  The only time we wore them was if we went into town to WalMart or Lowes.

Sorry for the loss of your brother. You and your family are very lucky not to have contracted the virus. Be thankful for that.

On 4/26/2021 at 8:53 PM, mek said:

I guess I'm one of those people who takes the mask off as I'm walking out the door of a business, restaurant, whatever and I've done that since last March. 

Not criticizing you - everyone handles this differently.

I have not worn a mask outdoors ever. It was very early on in the pandemic that we were told the chance of transmission of this virus outdoors was non existent. Just keep a 6 foot distance from others when outside. That is what I have done since March of 2020.

As for my masking indoors, that is another story. I have always masked indoors in all venues and continue to do so even though I'm fully vaccinated.

• Like 1