Phone call from Celebrity Cruise Employee

Posted (edited)

We have a 12 night Equinox Cruise booked for September 5 2021 out of Fort Lauderdale.  I have very little confidence that it will actually sail.  We booked the cruise directly through Celebrity.  I have gotten numerous calls from a Celebrity employee offering to help with further arrangements, such as dining packages, shore excursions etc.  Do they know something I don’t know or are they looking for revenue? I almost called them today to ask what’s up?  I would think they would look at the reality of the situation and think this is a waste of time?

Edited by slanik
  • slanik changed the title to Phone call from Celebrity Cruise Employee

They can be helpful though.  I just spent quite a while on the phone trying to understand how the website was breaking out the YWYW discount and the OLife OBC credits.  He assured me that he was seeing the correct pricing on his screen, and also why I was seeing something strange on mine [it wasn't an accounting of the cost and charges for the excursions, but only an accounting of the OLife OBC deductions, starting with the most expensive excursion at 100% and then leaving the cheaper ones at full price once the OBC had all been allocated; the total showed that they were in fact using the correct YWYW prices for each excursion].  So if he gets a commission [or a monthly gold star] and it doesn't cost me anything:  good on him.

Two points:

(1)  I was glad he was even able to speak with me, because I booked through a TA.  Some cruise lines make that a real hassle.

(2)  He confirmed that mine is the 'rare case' where taking OLife OBC option and then getting the 25% YWYW discount on all of my excursions does work out cheaper than the OLife Shore Excursions option.  It was nice of him to do the math without being asked.

We have gotten these calls, they are sales calls.  These employees are doing what they are paid to do.  Until such time as a cruise is cancelled it is business as usual.

Well you're lucky...I was disconnected twice today with Celebrity..they took my number each time and certainly didn't call back.... forcing me to call back each time and start from zero....UGH!!!!

45 minutes ago, slanik said:

We have a 12 night Equinox Cruise booked for September 5 2021 out of Fort Lauderdale.  I have very little confidence that it will actually sail.  We booked the cruise directly through Celebrity.  I have gotten numerous calls from a Celebrity employee offering to help with further arrangements, such as dining packages, shore excursions etc.  Do they know something I don’t know or are they looking for revenue? I almost called them today to ask what’s up?  I would think they would look at the reality of the situation and think this is a waste of time?

I hope that you sail but the CDC currently limits cruises to a max of 7 days through 11/1/21.