Jump to content

Medallion App Updated and Working Now


HBCcruiser
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Would you please share where the dining choices show up?  Under which sub-menu, or the path to get there?  I am thinking our voyage(s) are too far out, but curious to know where to expect to see it.

 

 

According to the Dining page on Princess.com, it will only be enabled after final payment date.  There is a dining icon at the top next to the itinerary icon.  Alternatively there is this toward the bottom:

 

image.png.7193c6ce385e1d04476a14e7bb6c7c88.png

 

image.png.acabac5f2956d11fb5b94edc2737bf90.png

 

image.png.b8407d16db74a71bc24298311d7a4132.png

 

I didn't make any reservations yet.  We have Club Class so we won't need to.  But we do want a night at the Crown Grill and I plan to reserve that on the app.

 

UPDATE to add:  I did just try to make a reservation for Crown Grill for the first sea day.  I had a time reserved then it brought up the payment screen which defaulted to the credit card that I input on the check in screens.  All looked great then I got an "error try again later message".  Sigh.  Back to the drawing board.

Edited by azbirdmom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

According to the Dining page on Princess.com, it will only be enabled after final payment date.  There is a dining icon at the top next to the itinerary icon.  Alternatively there is this toward the bottom:

 

 

I didn't make any reservations yet.  We have Club Class so we won't need to.  But we do want a night at the Crown Grill and I plan to reserve that on the app.

Thanks, "Mom"!! 

 

I will make sure we pay up early and beat the rush.  No CC for us.

 

ETA - So, as expected, I do not have "Dine My Way" option under OCEAN Now at this time.  Not confident I won't have to visit the MD on embarkation afternoon in order to coordinate table.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I just installed the update but still can't even get to the log in piece before it crashes. 

Same problem. Called Medallion Support (844-525-0942. Was told that Princess IT is trying hard to get the app up and running correctly. Was told to try again, next week!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks, "Mom"!! 

 

I will make sure we pay up early and beat the rush.  No CC for us.

 

Well no need to rush anyway.  I updated my post to indicate that my attempt to reserve specialty dining failed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

Well no need to rush anyway.  I updated my post to indicate that my attempt to reserve specialty dining failed.

I was reading this blurb on Dine My Way and had to laugh a bit:

 

BRAND NEW Dine My Way is all about personalizing your cruise dining experience. Customize your dining time for each day, whether making reservations for the main dining room (which is included) or specialty restaurants (which charge a small cover charge). Have dinner at the same time each night or change it based on what works for you.* Once on board, you can order food and drinks for delivery wherever you are through OceanNow®. More options at your fingertips means less time waiting and more time to dine your way.

 

Not sure that everyone thinks it is a small charge, but I do partake.  I never have any issue getting the date/time we want on embarkation.  I am more concerned about our nightly dinner table in the DR and with friends from another cabin.  I am sure it will get worked out in due course - even if I need to visit with the MD.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Same problem. Called Medallion Support (844-525-0942. Was told that Princess IT is trying hard to get the app up and running correctly. Was told to try again, next week!!

Updated app working fine on my ipad but still will not work on my iphone just up and crashes.  There is no rhyme or reason to any of it.  The developers will need to get all the kinks out and soon or will be a total mess when the cruises start and people cannot get the app to perform properly.  What good is an app if it only performs for a select few. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, awinte2 said:

Updated app working fine on my ipad but still will not work on my iphone just up and crashes.  There is no rhyme or reason to any of it.  The developers will need to get all the kinks out and soon or will be a total mess when the cruises start and people cannot get the app to perform properly.  What good is an app if it only performs for a select few. 

Especially as on the webinar right now, Princess are saying the only way to accept the "risk contract" is through the app...so for those on Alaska sailings, if the app won't even load, how can they do that? I can't even get it to stay open long enough to log in with my iphone....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based upon what is being said on the Princess webinar today it sounds like they will be documenting your Covid-19 information under the new Health Status feature on the app.

 

The law passed by DeSantis will be irrelevant since there will be no need to show your vaccine card/passport in the State of Florida.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/30/2021 at 11:32 AM, Tedferg said:

I am too do you know how / when it will be implemented ? i.e. how far in advance can I reserve meal times and do I have to have a working Medallion app to do it - with all the complaints about Medallion App crashing I was hoping there would be access to My Time on website.

 

On 5/30/2021 at 12:31 PM, Daniel A said:

I think (unless they changed) that feature is available through the Ocean Now part of the MedallionClass App.  IIRC, Ocean Now is only available once you are onboard and signed into the ship's intranet or as I mentioned through the stateroom TV.  Maybe if someone else has been able to do what you want prior to boarding, they can update this.

 

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I just downloaded the update to my iPhone.  It has a few more features such as the ability to select dining times for our August Alaska cruise and there is a new step 5 on the Travel Checklist for Health Status although that isn't available this early.  Still no arrival or departure groups but it could just be that those will appear closer to our sailing date.  Progress is good!

 

 

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

 

According to the Dining page on Princess.com, it will only be enabled after final payment date.  There is a dining icon at the top next to the itinerary icon.  Alternatively there is this toward the bottom:

 

image.png.7193c6ce385e1d04476a14e7bb6c7c88.png

 

image.png.acabac5f2956d11fb5b94edc2737bf90.png

 

image.png.b8407d16db74a71bc24298311d7a4132.png

 

@Tedferg here is additional information related to your previous question.  See what I highlighted in red text.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

 

 

 

@Tedferg here is additional information related to your previous question.  See what I highlighted in red text.

I am watching a webinar now and it will go live on June 7th.  Fully paid, platinum, and elite passengers will be allowed to make reservations early. 

Edited by Syracusefan44
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an Android and when I went to the Medallion app, it said update --- so I did.  Nothing new as the version is still 3 and not 4.  When I got into my account I get the message "Compass is currently unavailable.  We have "all hands on tech" working to get back online."  The app will also not recognize my reservation number.  I wouldn't be so frustrated except for the fact that I need the app to work so I can sign the Covid sheet needed to board the ship.  Arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Especially as on the webinar right now, Princess are saying the only way to accept the "risk contract" is through the app...so for those on Alaska sailings, if the app won't even load, how can they do that? I can't even get it to stay open long enough to log in with my iphone....

Any chance they mentioned how those without smart phones, or those whose older Android versions  preclude using the app, can do any of this? I'm also noticing that the full check-in functionality from the web site Personalizer is no longer available, all check ins, document loading etc must be done through the app on a newer Android or IOS device.  What are they thinking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Any chance they mentioned how those without smart phones, or those whose older Android versions  preclude using the app, can do any of this? I'm also noticing that the full check-in functionality from the web site Personalizer is no longer available, all check ins, document loading etc must be done through the app on a newer Android or IOS device.  What are they thinking?

 

They did.  For Princess you must have a smartphone, period.  There is no way around it.  Well for now there isn't.  I am guessing that if there is a large enough contingent who don't have these devices they will find a workaround.  But he was very clear that this is the way that they will collect health and other information going forward.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

They did.  For Princess you must have a smartphone, period.  There is no way around it.  Well for now there isn't.  I am guessing that if there is a large enough contingent who don't have these devices they will find a workaround.  But he was very clear that this is the way that they will collect health and other information going forward.

Customer service at its finest, with the best interests of the clients at heart. I assume none of the decision makers will have to experience the joy of entering tons of user data on a tiny cellphone keyboard.  It's hard to understand why they don't try harder to make the web site and the app properly cross-functional, so that entering data on the web Personalizer is automatically fed across to the app.  Looks like I'll be researching emulating Android on a Windows or Linux system to ease the data entry. It would actually be dead easy if they made the App run on slightly earlier versions of Android

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Any chance they mentioned how those without smart phones, or those whose older Android versions  preclude using the app, can do any of this? I'm also noticing that the full check-in functionality from the web site Personalizer is no longer available, all check ins, document loading etc must be done through the app on a newer Android or IOS device.  What are they thinking?

If the app and website were truly sync'd, we could access and enter/update all cruise information using either method and it would auto-sync.  But sometimes I forget this is Princess IT we are talking about.  So behind the 8-ball.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

Based upon what is being said on the Princess webinar today it sounds like they will be documenting your Covid-19 information under the new Health Status feature on the app.

 

The law passed by DeSantis will be irrelevant since there will be no need to show your vaccine card/passport in the State of Florida.

Always fun to find a way to get around the government regulations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I really don't know why everyone is complaining about Princess MedallionClass app. I have it on my iphone SE (2020), my iPad and my Macbook Air (M1, 2020) on which will you can load iPad apps. It doesn't work on any of them but hey, we can walk around looking like we are real PC passengers. What could be better than that (besides eating, drinking, or just getting on the ship after paying PC thousands of dollars)!

Edited by Cool_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I am watching a webinar now and it will go live on June 7th.  Fully paid, platinum, and elite passengers will be allowed to make reservations early. 

It may go live June 7th but what good is it if hardly anybody who have paid deposits can't use it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If the app and website were truly sync'd, we could access and enter/update all cruise information using either method and it would auto-sync.  But sometimes I forget this is Princess IT we are talking about.  So behind the 8-ball.

Pretty much my thoughts. I don't understand why you cannot choose to use either the app or the web site login (or both, if it's more convenient) to complete all this information. I really dislike trying to use the smallish screen on my Samsung phone but then I'm an old guy who likes big screen displays!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If the app and website were truly sync'd, we could access and enter/update all cruise information using either method and it would auto-sync.  But sometimes I forget this is Princess IT we are talking about.  So behind the 8-ball.

 

1 hour ago, joepeka said:

Pretty much my thoughts. I don't understand why you cannot choose to use either the app or the web site login (or both, if it's more convenient) to complete all this information. I really dislike trying to use the smallish screen on my Samsung phone but then I'm an old guy who likes big screen displays!

 

I just had another thought.  For such a customer-focused company, maybe the designers in the ivory tower (i.e. Santa Clarita HQ) should consider having a panel of experienced Princess cruisers provide feedback on the new apps and process they come up with.  Smart restaurant chains test food - Princess ought to test technology designs with a customer panel.  Any of us could have told them if syncing the apps, then provide input and update capabilities in either location and have an "off-ramp" for the seniors who are not smartphone savvy. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joepeka said:

Pretty much my thoughts. I don't understand why you cannot choose to use either the app or the web site login (or both, if it's more convenient) to complete all this information. I really dislike trying to use the smallish screen on my Samsung phone but then I'm an old guy who likes big screen displays!

Must concur completely. I also watched the webinar today and was rather struck by the some what insulting comments made by the Princess moderator. He seemed to insist that everyone has access to an iPhone and if someone doesn't know how to use the MedallionClass app, they should find someone who does, like a grandchild.

This senior citizen  pretty much knows how to use his iPhone and have tried for a week to just sign in on the app without the screen going blank. If Princess thinks this app approach is so great, perhaps they should have it working before telling we Alaskan passengers to "get with the program." We'll see what actually happens on Monday (6/7) when Medallion Support says they hope the problems are fixed.

Edited by PROCRUISE
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

 

 

I just had another thought.  For such a customer-focused company, maybe the designers in the ivory tower (i.e. Santa Clarita HQ) should consider having a panel of experienced Princess cruisers provide feedback on the new apps and process they come up with.  Smart restaurant chains test food - Princess ought to test technology designs with a customer panel.  Any of us could have told them if syncing the apps, then provide input and update capabilities in either location and have an "off-ramp" for the seniors who are not smartphone savvy. 

 

That idea just makes way too much sense and so it won't happen, unfortunately. But a great thought nonetheless!

ETA: I would be willing however to join a band of cruisers willing to lobby all the Carnival Corporate lines for just such a UAT (user acceptance team) on any web site or mobil app roll outs or upgrades.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I am watching a webinar now and it will go live on June 7th.  Fully paid, platinum, and elite passengers will be allowed to make reservations early. 

I fully paid today for my September Alaska cruise. I'll check it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I am watching a webinar now and it will go live on June 7th.  Fully paid, platinum, and elite passengers will be allowed to make reservations early. 


Yes…Anyone booked as of 6/7 can make dining reservations but beginning on 6/8 it’s a perk for Elite/Platinum/Suite/Club Class passengers & other passengers will have to make final payment before making dining reservations.

488B529E-1689-4DB5-9C91-CD8A8F5A00F7.png

 

44D2ED2C-9864-4F7B-A368-4098D82DBD94.png

Edited by Astro Flyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...