Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

We’re booked on July 31st Seacation from Southampton. Can’t get on to the app either, this is getting beyond a joke now. Final payment made 21st May, was due 1st June, so I did manage to get some info logged. By the time I was able to book our dining times all but 5pm and 5,20 pm we’re booked, how that was managed I don’t know as the app wasn’t’showing you could book dining! Now can’t do anything, but I keep trying and trying some more! Happy days! Keep 😊 

2 hours ago, dog said:

Website working fine this morning.  App is experiencing difficulties this morning. I am just leaving it alone. No cruise until March 2022. 

Exactly my experience this morning.  We don’t sail until May, so lots of time for Princess to get this app working properly.  Or is that just wishful thinking?  Good luck to all of you sailing in the coming weeks.  Fingers crossed Princess gets it’s act together for you.

I am back in but all of my cruises are gone.  I am given the opportunity to add them individually but am going to wait it out to see if they will populate later today.  We board August 8th and still have time, but it really should not be this difficult.  And Princess never should have moved forward with the changes to their website and the invitation to download the app until it was ready for prime time. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I am back in but all of my cruises are gone.  I am given the opportunity to add them individually but am going to wait it out to see if they will populate later today.  We board August 8th and still have time, but it really should not be this difficult.  And Princess never should have moved forward with the changes to their website and the invitation to download the app until it was ready for prime time. 

I see that you board a few weeks before us (we are August 22.)  Does it show in your Personalizer that the app is ready to download?  Mine does not; it just says coming soon.  At the moment, my app does not even recognize my cruise.  I can't uninstall the app and reinstall an app because the Princess app is missing from the Play Store.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I see that you board a few weeks before us (we are August 22.)  Does it show in your Personalizer that the app is ready to download?  Mine does not; it just says coming soon.  At the moment, my app does not even recognize my cruise.  I can't uninstall the app and reinstall an app because the Princess app is missing from the Play Store.

Mine has shown that I need to access the MedallionClass app for a while and has had instructions about how to download it.  Unfortunately I cannot get to that page because all of a sudden the website indicates that it's missing details on my profile whereas a half hour ago it was fine. I won't fill that out now as when I did that a month ago it lead to a bunch of other problems.

1 minute ago, azbirdmom said:

Mine has shown that I need to access the MedallionClass app for a while and has had instructions about how to download it.  Unfortunately I cannot get to that page because all of a sudden the website indicates that it's missing details on my profile whereas a half hour ago it was fine. I won't fill that out now as when I did that a month ago it lead to a bunch of other problems.

Thanks for the reply.  First Covid pandemic, now the app --- wish life would get back to normal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks for the reply.  First Covid pandemic, now the app --- wish life would get back to normal.

I will second that!  And I am back in.  This is what mine has shown for a while:

image.png.e19ac0b8104a141c9fd70a926a428f72.png

Just now, azbirdmom said:

I will second that!  And I am back in.  This is what mine has shown for a while:

image.png.e19ac0b8104a141c9fd70a926a428f72.png

Thanks for showing me your screen, I will try to keep a watch out for it.  Presently, my screen shows the app "coming soon."  I even went into the Download the MedallionClass app (number 1) on the list for Google Play and it stated that it wasn't available.  I know the app was pulled yesterday from the Google Play listing and it is still gone today so hopefully, things are happening behind the scenes --- or maybe Princess felt that the fewer people having access to the bad app the better resulting in fewer calls to their IT dept. 

• Like 2

Just now, Italy52 said:

Thanks for showing me your screen, I will try to keep a watch out for it.  Presently, my screen shows the app "coming soon."  I even went into the Download the MedallionClass app (number 1) on the list for Google Play and it stated that it wasn't available.  I know the app was pulled yesterday from the Google Play listing and it is still gone today so hopefully, things are happening behind the scenes --- or maybe Princess felt that the fewer people having access to the bad app the better resulting in fewer calls to their IT dept. 

I have an iPhone and it's still there.  Better messaging would certainly have cut down on the calls to Princess and the app support line, that's for sure.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, starboardcruiser said:

Same here. We are sailing in September and my app still shows the Emerald that is not sailing rather than the Majestic that is. I'm trying to be understanding with this, but am also losing patience. I watched the entire TA webinar yesterday and understand that tutorials regarding the app will be forthcoming. Hopefully the app updates and tutorials will take place quickly enough to be beneficial for the Alaska sailings. I haven't been able to get into the app or website (even by booking number) today.

I have the same issue with different cruises. In short, it appears if your account has both a cancelled cruise and an active cruise with overlapping dates, the Medallion Class app is showing the cancelled cruise rather than the active cruise.

In our case, we had Enchanted Princess for 10/13/21 which was cancelled, Ruby Princess for 10/24/21 which is active, and Regal Princess for 10/15/22 which is also active. The website correctly shows only 10/24/21 and 10/15/22 but the MC app shows 10/13/21 and 10/15/22. If I try to add the 10/24/21 manually, it tells me "this booking is already part of your journey".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

I have the same issue with different cruises. In short, it appears if your account has both a cancelled cruise and an active cruise with overlapping dates, the Medallion Class app is showing the cancelled cruise rather than the active cruise.

In our case, we had Enchanted Princess for 10/13/21 which was cancelled, Ruby Princess for 10/24/21 which is active, and Regal Princess for 10/15/22 which is also active. The website correctly shows only 10/24/21 and 10/15/22 but the MC app shows 10/13/21 and 10/15/22. If I try to add the 10/24/21 manually, it tells me "this booking is already part of your journey".

This is exactly my experience, with different cancelled cruise dates. My cancelled July Enchanted Princess booking is stuck "on" in the app, and I can't add my new Alaska cruise in July because this booking is already part of your journey. I really wish they could wipe my app account of any cruises, so I could add the current/correct ones now.

I'm having trouble booking the dining time and when I do get to the end it tells me there was an error.

Just now when I tried again I got a popup ask me what I thought of the app. They really should not have asked! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I'm having trouble booking the dining time and when I do get to the end it tells me there was an error.

Just now when I tried again I got a popup ask me what I thought of the app. They really should not have asked! 

Lol - I hope you told them!

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

And Princess never should have moved forward with the changes to their website and the invitation to download the app until it was ready for prime time. 

That’s the frustrating part & after 14 months of pauses the app is worse than ever. I feel it was more than an invitation because they took away most of the Cruise Personalizer functions & thus required the app to manage our reservations.

So I’m not optimistic about a quick fix but hopefully for those sailing in Alaska I’m completely wrong. Our first cruise is about 4 months away & won’t attempt to make any changes to have even worse problems that have been experienced by other people. 😟

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’s the frustrating part & after 14 months of pauses the app is worse than ever. I feel it was more than an invitation because they took away most of the Cruise Personalizer functions & thus required the app to manage our reservations.

So I’m not optimistic about a quick fix but hopefully for those sailing in Alaska I’m completely wrong. Our first cruise is about 4 months away & won’t attempt to make any changes to have even worse problems that have been experienced by other people. 😟

You are right, we weren't given a choice.  I'm one of the Alaska people and I can see no way out of the "blue lane" nor can I see the documents that I must sign though others can.  I'm going to give it a bit longer rather than wasting more time on the thing right now.

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

Oh boy!  Since I have one of those overlapping cruises (Alaska), this might be one more thing that I have to deal ---- my day just keeps getting better and better --- NOT!

Thanks for the post.