Jump to content

Medallion App Updated and Working Now


HBCcruiser
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sadly, I have a smart phone. Still can't access the app. Not really sure who I should go find???

Since you already have a smart phone, it would probably just complicate matters for you even more if you did find a relative or reliable friend to download the app and complete everything you need. Pretty sad what a major cruise line tells their customers "call a friend."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, joepeka said:

Since you already have a smart phone, it would probably just complicate matters for you even more if you did find a relative or reliable friend to download the app and complete everything you need. Pretty sad what a major cruise line tells their customers "call a friend."

The most frustrating thing with all of this is that I have used the app on 5 cruises previously and enjoyed the Medallion Class features. Since the "update" I can't even get the app to open on my phone (same phone it has always worked perfectly on) or on my teen's newer phone. It works without issue on the ipad, but I don't intend to be hauling an ipad around the ship to order a drink! Thankfully, I have time before my first sailing for this to get figured out...but it's annoying that Princess are celebrating this amazing app when most people can't even use the basic features that were fine before.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sent to TAs today:

Update on new MedallionClass App release

As announced in last week’s newsletter, we have launched an update of the MedallionClass app that includes Dine My Way functionality. Please note that some guests may experience intermittent service issues when using the MedallionClass app as we work to finalize the new set of features. As with all things involving technology, the early days can be challenging but the end result will be worth it!

In addition, as part of this new app release, we have migrated all dining preferences for all existing bookings made as of June 3 and are no longer asking for dining preferences at time of booking, as that will now be handled within the MedallionClass app. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we update this experience.

 

I say no - this is a false claim.  We and our friends are on same voyages.  Our bookings were cross-linked for dining together at a 4-top in the booking system (Personalizer).  The IT team "converted" us a dining alone at a 2-top. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sadly, I have a smart phone. Still can't access the app. Not really sure who I should go find???

 

Someone with a good shoulder to cry on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sadly, I have a smart phone. Still can't access the app. Not really sure who I should go find???

If Arnold Ziffle can't help, try Arnold Donald.  Maybe he can find a manual.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, kiwimum said:

From memory, I went into documents, manually entered passport #, name, nationality, etc.  To add the passport picture, I had to allow Oceanready access to my camera.   Laid passport flat  and followed the steps.  Had to scan a couple of times as my passport, not a US, has a very shiny, stiff covering on the detail page and created a glare.  Finally got it done. 
With the way the app Is running at the present time, sloooww,  I would wait to try and upload. 

I tried adding it manually but when I got to Nationality, could not find American on drop list and could not key it in manually. 

I did follow instructions for scanning but when screen came up "Scan" nothing happened?? Should I be taking a picture of it with my camera.....soooooooo confused!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Happy2cruise said:

I tried adding it manually but when I got to Nationality, could not find American on drop list and could not key it in manually. 

I did follow instructions for scanning but when screen came up "Scan" nothing happened?? Should I be taking a picture of it with my camera.....soooooooo confused!!

I hope this isn't a silly question but did you look for United States?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well the app might be updated but it’s def not working for me. I booked and paid for 3 speciality dinners on our cruise in November. 2 of them show on the app, one is missing. This morning I was able to book dining for the first 3 nights of the cruise at the time we like and preferred table size. Excellent. So I decided to continue and book a few more nights. Now I get a message saying this arrangement is only available after full payment. It seems the rules changed in the 10 minutes between being on the app and calling Princess to find out where my 3rd dining reservation had gone. (They didn’t know). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

I tried adding it manually but when I got to Nationality, could not find American on drop list and could not key it in manually. 

I did follow instructions for scanning but when screen came up "Scan" nothing happened?? Should I be taking a picture of it with my camera.....soooooooo confused!!


see my posts: 612 &613 in this thread to add passort

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Happy2cruise said:

I tried adding it manually but when I got to Nationality, could not find American on drop list and could not key it in manually. 

I did follow instructions for scanning but when screen came up "Scan" nothing happened?? Should I be taking a picture of it with my camera.....soooooooo confused!!

I just went it to see if I could modify mine to see what happens with the new version.  I entered my info a year or so ago.   I was able to set up the scan passport function, got as far as ‘I am ready’ on the screen, did not want to go any further so as not to upset my data.  I assume you press the home key to take a photo.With regard to nationality.   I was able to enter U and the United States of America showed up as an option. 
Keep in mind the app is extremely slow.   Keep on trying.

Edited by kiwimum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Got this in response to my plea for help on the app store. I've emailed both addresses. Maybe others should do the same?

 

Dear  (name removed),

Global Experience Innovators responded to your review of:

MedallionClass  
MedallionClass
Global Experience Innovators

" Hi (name removed), Please con­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­tact us at asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com at your con­ve­nience so we can ad­­­dress. We will be hap­py to con­nect with you di­rec­t­­ly. You can also reach out to us at readyocean4@gmail.com When you do, please re­f­er­ence this post so we can make sure to give your ac­­­count at­ten­­­tion. "

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

 

Got this in response to my plea for help on the app store. I've emailed both addresses. Maybe others should do the same?

 

Dear  (name removed),

Global Experience Innovators responded to your review of:

MedallionClass  
MedallionClass
Global Experience Innovators

" Hi (name removed), Please con­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­tact us at asko­cean­medal­lion@car­ni­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­val.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­com at your con­ve­nience so we can ad­­­dress. We will be hap­py to con­nect with you di­rec­t­­ly. You can also reach out to us at readyocean4@gmail.com When you do, please re­f­er­ence this post so we can make sure to give your ac­­­count at­ten­­­tion. "

If anyone gets a response from them please post it as I directed an email to them and got 0 response.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

I just went it to see if I could modify mine to see what happens with the new version.  I entered my info a year or so ago.   I was able to set up the scan passport function, got as far as ‘I am ready’ on the screen, did not want to go any further so as not to upset my data.  I assume you press the home key to take a photo.With regard to nationality.   I was able to enter U and the United States of America showed up as an option. 
Keep in mind the app is extremely slow.   Keep on trying.

I followed directions and when "Scan Now" can up, hit that button but nothing happened...not to sound dumb but what home key are you  referring to?  Will keep trying...thanks for your encouragement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't get the Dine My Way to work.  For one cruise, there is no table for two until 8:40.  For the other, there is table at a time I like.  But in either case, when I click to confirm, I get an error message.  So frustrating...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may of missed it but see that there are problems with older smart phones. 
The app seems to work OK on my iPad but not on my iPhone (5s). Is it that my phone is too old?? I am certainly not going to upgrade my phone just because of this 🤦‍♀️. I just hope that the WiFi at the embarkation terminal is working in order that I can use my iPad 🤞
My sailing isn’t until October so not stressing too much at present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, awinte2 said:

If anyone gets a response from them please post it as I directed an email to them and got 0 response.

Same here,  no offense to @ceilidh1 but it sounds like they only want to respond to squeaky wheels on Cruise Critic.  Maybe all of us should squeak...😣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

Same here,  no offense to @ceilidh1 but it sounds like they only want to respond to squeaky wheels on Cruise Critic.  Maybe all of us should squeak...😣

Surprisingly, I got a response to my email almost immediately. They have offered to have someone call me to go over trouble shooting. I'm going to talk to them next week to see if it can be sorted out. Not really sure how I can talk to them on the same phone as the app is on, at the same time as trying to fix said app...but we shall see!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Not really sure how I can talk to them on the same phone as the app is on, at the same time as trying to fix said app...but we shall see!

 

Speaker phone will be your friend in this case. Best of luck and be sure to let folks know how it goes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

 

Speaker phone will be your friend in this case. Best of luck and be sure to let folks know how it goes.

You see, that's why I don't work in IT! Didn't even occur to me to use speaker...lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect I will get the usual questions about what kind of device and operating system. I know my iphone is an older model (Iphone 6) but it functions perfectly for what I need and I have no intention of buying a new one just for the app. I have the latest operating system updated on it - I don't believe iphone 6 goes any further than 12.5.3 so that could be an issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, sandancer said:

Well the app might be updated but it’s def not working for me. I booked and paid for 3 speciality dinners on our cruise in November. 2 of them show on the app, one is missing. This morning I was able to book dining for the first 3 nights of the cruise at the time we like and preferred table size. Excellent. So I decided to continue and book a few more nights. Now I get a message saying this arrangement is only available after full payment. It seems the rules changed in the 10 minutes between being on the app and calling Princess to find out where my 3rd dining reservation had gone. (They didn’t know). 

That shouldn't be an issue. You'll have a table (likely for 4). If you printed a copy of the res, you could just show it when you show up.

You could also contest the missing res with your credit card and pay for it on board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I suspect I will get the usual questions about what kind of device and operating system. I know my iphone is an older model (Iphone 6) but it functions perfectly for what I need and I have no intention of buying a new one just for the app. I have the latest operating system updated on it - I don't believe iphone 6 goes any further than 12.5.3 so that could be an issue?

 

From the app download page:

 

image.png.b8d9e6de1a7066d3103450e9c6447291.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

 

From the app download page:

 

image.png.b8d9e6de1a7066d3103450e9c6447291.png

Right - shouldn't be an issue! I also have a ton of storage on my phone as it's a 128GB and only about 1/4 of it is used. The way the app crashes seems like it's either a graphics thing or a storage/memory thing (I've had programs on PCs crash when these were the culprit) but I'm not really sure how to fix this on a phone (or if it can be fixed...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Thrak said:

 

From the app download page:

 

image.png.b8d9e6de1a7066d3103450e9c6447291.png

I think Princess should hire you to be their IT Czar.  I'd be willing to bet all this stuff will either be straightened out in a flash or taken down until it worked!  📱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...