Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

8 hours ago, AF-1 said:

when you log into your princess.com account and then click on my account and click on upcoming cruises; before you click on manage this booking you should see a tool bar that lists Home, My Profile, Captain Circle.  If you click on my profile you can edit your info there including your passport info

When I do the above I can see all my own information, but nothing for my spouse. Does she need her own login? Or is there some trick to getting to see her info?

"I really, really hate typing on my phone using a really tiny screen with fat fingers..."

CONCUR! Why do I think whoever decided to make checkin be by phone only is a 20-something with perfect eyes and 0.1" diameter fingers? Will Princess ever figure out they are annoying a large fraction of their customer base?

BTW - my Princess agent told me she has no way to pass on complaints like this to the front office. Anybody know how to make a complaint heard?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, joepeka said:

I'm curious: you mentioned a while back that (like me) you got your travel docs into your booking prior to the Personalizer door being shut on the web site. There are comments and issues here with people scanning their passport into the app - have you had to go back and do that for your passport (scan it) or is the original data you entered on the web site intact? I'm almost afraid to look at mine since the app seems to be shifting house of cards and I don't want to mess up something that appears to be in order.  Thanks!  

I never did have to rescan my passport nor did I have to input the pictures.  At times these things have disappeared but they are all back without me doing anything.  The only thing I did need to do was readd the authorization for the credit card on the cruise as it only had it applying to one of us.  But everything else was there, at least as of yesterday which is the last time I checked.

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I do not consider the Account Profile information to be "under Cruise Personalizer".  For me, Cruise Personalizer is related to cruise bookings and "under" that umbrella.  All past customers have a Captain's Circle account & profile, regardless of whether you have an active booking.

In the past when going through the cruise personalizer to set up for a cruise, one of the pages did show your existing passport info and gave the opportunity to verify/update it.

So even though you would be entering data specific to a cruise, it gave the opportunity to set up your passport info for the first time or modify existing data.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellis90245 said:

Anybody know how to make a complaint heard?

Collin Steinke, Director, Customer Relations csteinke@princesscruises.com

Lorna Warren, VP Guest Services lwarren@princess.com

Jan Swartz, President jswartz@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi, Senior VP Product Development msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

When I tried the scan it never did anything and just sat there. I poked at it and it moved on to the manual fill-in area but never seemed to actually scan the passport and I don't see it there now. The info I entered is still there but no scanned passport.

Try it again by hitting the edit button, and then use the Remove button on the following page. When you scan, come at it from a slight angle to keep the glare down on that stupid shiny passport paper 🙂

Once it can read the passport clearly, you don’t type anything in as it auto-fills. A little pic of the passport will always show in your medallion app too. 

E9E63CE6-B688-44FC-B4F9-980E07548175.jpeg

Edited by ChangeOrder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tellis90245 said:

Why do I think whoever decided to make checkin be by phone only is a 20-something with perfect eyes and 0.1" diameter fingers?

When I was something like 16 years old or so my grandmother (I lived with my grandparents) was having a hard time threading a needle. In the arrogance and ignorance of youth I picked up the needle and thread, held them extremely close to my face, and told her to just "hold it closer to your eyes" and it would be easy. Wow. I had no freaking idea.

I have always remembered that moment and it has caused me extreme embarrassment. Those who are young have zero understanding of the challenges faced by those who are no longer young.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ChangeOrder said:

Try it again by hitting the edit button, and then use the Remove button on the following page. When you scan, come at it from a slight angle to keep the glare down on that stupid shiny passport paper 🙂

Once it can read the passport clearly, you don’t type anything in as it auto-fills. A little pic of the passport will always show in your medallion app too. 

E9E63CE6-B688-44FC-B4F9-980E07548175.jpeg

Too late now - falling asleep here in my chair. However, I have saved this advice and will try it tomorrow. Will let you know how it works out. Many thanks.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

In the past when going through the cruise personalizer to set up for a cruise, one of the pages did show your existing passport info and gave the opportunity to verify/update it.

So even though you would be entering data specific to a cruise, it gave the opportunity to set up your passport info for the first time or modify existing data.

That is still available for my account Profile. 
The only.thing I can edit in my current booking information is DOB 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tellis90245 said:

When I do the above I can see all my own information, but nothing for my spouse. Does she need her own login? Or is there some trick to getting to see her info?

My cabin mate does not have a phone or uses a IPad.  This is what I did to fill in her information.

What I did  on MedallionClass-—

- sign in using your log in information 

- click your picture at top left side

- it will show all your cruises on the left - details on the right 

- at the right bottom - sign out

- go back to the MedallionClass app

- now your are in her information 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, phabric said:

My cabin mate does not have a phone or uses a IPad.  This is what I did to fill in her information.

What I did  on MedallionClass-—

- sign in using your log in information 

- click your picture at top left side

- it will show all your cruises on the left - details on the right 

- at the right bottom - sign out

- go back to the MedallionClass app

- now your are in her information 

Or,

- on your log in

- go to any section

- click on of the pictures at the top

- your picture, your information 

- your wife’s picture, her information 

- can do this for any section

• Thanks 1

"Whatever happened to backwards compatibility", Agree completely. Also leave the desktop/PC personalizer and checkin functioning until such time as all the wrinkles and kinks have been worked out of the MedallionClass app. I have used the email addresses found in one of the above posts and have forwarded my concerns about the MedallionClass app and the discontinuation of the desktop/PC based checkin method. One of the emails bounced back 'lwarren@princess.com' maybe the mailbox is full.

10 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I never did have to rescan my passport nor did I have to input the pictures.  At times these things have disappeared but they are all back without me doing anything.  The only thing I did need to do was readd the authorization for the credit card on the cruise as it only had it applying to one of us.  But everything else was there, at least as of yesterday which is the last time I checked.

Excellent... thank you!

16 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Just checked my data for upcoming cruises on OM and under the Travel Documents it has an image for my passport info page and a pencil symbol where I can modify all the data relative to my passport.  Also have the option to remove the current passport or leave as is.   

I think there is an option to Scan under pencil symbol.

14 hours ago, tellis90245 said:

if you and wife have a trip booked when you pull up your personalizer you can add, edit both you and your spouse's info.  

Some inconsistencies between Princess Site and Medallion. We booked a Sep 18, 2021 Mexico Riviera cruise that was cancelled. We asked TA for a quote on Jan 22 as a substitute.

Separately we booked a California Coastal for Oct 24, 2021 and TA asked Princess to add Mexico Riviera Feb 26 2022 as a Replacement for cancelled cruise.

Medallion:  shows Oct 24 and Jan 22 as future cruises.

Princess: site shows Sep 18 and Oct 24 as upcoming cruises.

So I wonder how long it takes for Princess to confirm Feb 26 Replacement.

In looking at the ios app on my iPhone it says it is capable of working on a Mac with the M1 chip. I have a Mac Mini with the M1 chip, which is Apples new silicon chip. Macs with the M1 chip are capable of running IOS apps. Thought I would give it a try. It's super buggy, but does work. Not real practical to carry a Mac around on the ship, but is easier looking at it on a big screen.

7B6C69F4-3753-4F40-8170-FA01F877CC90_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.bd2b6befa613a1a8513db5da1bda5126.jpeg

Edited by billco
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, billco said:

In looking at the ios app on my iPhone it says it is capable of working on a Mac with the M1 chip. I have a Mac Mini with the M1 chip, which is Apples new silicon chip. Macs with the M1 chip are capable of running IOS apps. Thought I would give it a try. It's super buggy, but does work. Not real practical to carry a Mac around on the ship, but is easier looking at it on a big screen.

Well done.

9 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Well done.

This is the reply I got from Princess when i asked if they were going to support the app that they said was compatible.

Thank you for your email.  
Accessing the MedallionClass app involves downloading the app to a smart device (cell phone or tablet). The app is not downloadable, accessible via a PC or Mac computer.
Do you have access to a smart device, or would you prefer to have one of our navigators assist you in getting OceanReady?

Thank you.
Kind regards,
MedallionClass Support Team
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, billco said:

This is the reply I got from Princess when i asked if they were going to support the app that they said was compatible.

Thank you for your email.  
Accessing the MedallionClass app involves downloading the app to a smart device (cell phone or tablet). The app is not downloadable, accessible via a PC or Mac computer.
Do you have access to a smart device, or would you prefer to have one of our navigators assist you in getting OceanReady?

Thank you.
Kind regards,
MedallionClass Support Team

Interesting, so people without compatible Smart phones can have a Navigator do it for them - sounds good for a lot of people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billco said:

. It's super buggy, but does work. 

What do you mean super buggy ? It works for me on my iPad, I did not go too far but everything I tried, Personal Info, Scan Passport. booked a table at 7:20 every evening worked - no crashes. For me it was an experiment because the cruise was cancelled !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

What do you mean super buggy ? It works for me on my iPad, I did not go too far but everything I tried, Personal Info, Scan Passport. booked a table at 7:20 every evening worked - no crashes. For me it was an experiment because the cruise was cancelled !

The app works fine on my iPhone and iPads. On the Mac it doesn’t recognise my keyboard. I had to cut and paste.

1 hour ago, billco said:

The app works fine on my iPhone and iPads. On the Mac it doesn’t recognise my keyboard. I had to cut and paste.

Hmmm. I have the latest iPad Air with an Apple keyboard/case and the MC app will not take input from the keyboard. I need to force the on-screen keyboard to appear (normally hidden when the physical keyboard is attached) to enter anything.

I figured out my problem with the travel documents section. It really isn’t my problem but a lack of clear messaging within the app. It appeared I needed to add visa information for our British Isles/Iceland cruises next year. In actuality I needed to specify our passport documents even though they were shown on the screen. What a terrible user interface. No visas needed to be added, which is good since none are required.  

image.gif.0c31e2542c441fbcb21a96429430ab25.gif

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 11:46 PM, Thrak said:

When I was something like 16 years old or so my grandmother (I lived with my grandparents) was having a hard time threading a needle. In the arrogance and ignorance of youth I picked up the needle and thread, held them extremely close to my face, and told her to just "hold it closer to your eyes" and it would be easy. Wow. I had no freaking idea.

I have always remembered that moment and it has caused me extreme embarrassment. Those who are young have zero understanding of the challenges faced by those who are no longer young.

Reminds me of my great grandmother. When I was a kid and she was getting up there in years, she had a hard time threading her sewing machine because she saw two needles. She said she just poked at one or the other until it worked. 

• Haha 2