Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

9 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

They’ve added another section to Personal Information and documents. 

27623546-CF37-4D09-9898-C9399FE934BC.jpeg

I do not show the Travel information on my app.  I made my own reservations with Delta online.  I also don't have Emergency Return Airport listed either.  Other than that I have green check marks next to everything else.  On the home screen I am waiting for my boarding times to be released. Thanks for sharing this screen

This morning I can input all our travel information, including the IATA codes for our local airport and Seattle, despite the fact they come after C in the alphabet. However, the app states it is unable to save the information. 

What fresh hell is this?

🤬

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This morning I can input all our travel information, including the IATA codes for our local airport and Seattle, despite the fact they come after C in the alphabet. However, the app states it is unable to save the information. 

What fresh hell is this?

🤬

I had the same result this morning so they seemed to fix the incomplete airline listing.  However, when I tried to save it, I got a message that "Travel info already exist" even though I can't see anything.   And the info does indeed exist as we purchased the flights through EZAir, I had just deleted them from the app as the flights shown weren't accurate.  The step does show as green / complete now so I think I will just not worry about it.

And I think that "What fresh hell is this?" should be the motto for the app.  Perfect!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

What fresh hell is this?

🤬

seems like a new glitch

12 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I am not seeing this new screen and I think many others aren't also. I did check and do not see an Update in App Store. Apple iPad

41 minutes ago, dog said:

Just checked my booking in Personalizer. MedallionClass app—- no longer says “Coming Soon”. 
Must have worked on it. Tells me to download app & check in 

Me too, " Coming Soon" is replaced by "Moved to Medallion" 😞

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I had the same result this morning so they seemed to fix the incomplete airline listing.  However, when I tried to save it, I got a message that "Travel info already exist" even though I can't see anything.   And the info does indeed exist as we purchased the flights through EZAir, I had just deleted them from the app as the flights shown weren't accurate.  The step does show as green / complete now so I think I will just not worry about it.

And I think that "What fresh hell is this?" should be the motto for the app.  Perfect!

I just deleted both flights and it switched to green and then back to orange (missing info). Aye Dios Mio! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I don't know.  That is where I sent my very first email which is at the bottom of the chain I am replying to every time I hit a new issue.  The replies come from:  AskOceanMedallion <A360ad7@carnival.com> - maybe try that one?

12 hours ago, lstone19 said:

The system you're sending your email through is blocked by Carnival. Address 69.168.103.60 translates to mail.mts.syn-alias.com and I find it's listed as a spam source by one of the email anti-spam block lists. I have no idea who your email provider is but you need to follow up with them to tell them to do whatever is needed to get unlisted. Or find another email provider.

I did try the alternate email address and it also bounced back!   As for the email provider, it is Manitoba Telecom Services, the main provider in the Province.  Guess I will give them a call to get the bottom of this.

19 minutes ago, racj846 said:

I did try the alternate email address and it also bounced back!   As for the email provider, it is Manitoba Telecom Services, the main provider in the Province.  Guess I will give them a call to get the bottom of this.

An alternate address at a different provider? If it was the same provider, I'd expect it to also bounce as it's your provider that is blocked, not you personally.

If you don't have one, get a Gmail address or similar and try that. I don't use Gmail for much but have one and use it for testing when there seems to be some sort of email problem that I need to troubleshoot.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

That new part isn't there for me. Another example of things that show for some people but not for others.

1 minute ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

For those using the app on an Apple iPhone or iPad, have you tried doing a hard close of the app and then opening it again?  I could not see IATA codes beyond C this morning until I did that, and then I could. 

Can I ask what is a hard close?  Is that turning off the IPad with the button?

5 minutes ago, phabric said:

Can I ask what is a hard close?  Is that turning off the IPad with the button?

No. If your iPad is the kind with a round finger print circle at the bottom, double push that button and all the open apps will appear, stacked one above the other. Place your finger on the Medallion app and  run it off the top of the screen.

If you have the face scan instead, flick your finger up from the bottom to return to the Home Screen, then flick again and you’ll get the same open apps stacking. Again, place your finger on the Medallion app and run it off the top of the screen.

• Like 1

Update: The MedallionClass app is still crashing for us. We have deleted and downloaded it numerous times. We have spoke to Customer Service, Princess MedallionClass help, and written to Customer Service. We own ipad Mini 2, Model A1489. OS 12.5.4. We have not been able to get any help. Princess has told us it should be working. When I download the app it open and asks me to share photos, and I do and it asks about pushing messages and I agree. It allows me to swipe 4 pages of what the app can do. Then it crashes. When I open the app again the screen than says "Sounds Good To Me" and then crashes.

I know I have been on here several time expressing my frustration with this app I just can believe Princess doesn't have a work around for people with these problems. I've been told to have a family member etc., do it for us, however, I won't have anything in hand when I get to the port to show I have done all the steps and check-in. I don't want Murphy striking. I just want a stress free holiday and finally get to finish a cruise that has been cancelled 2 times in the past. Surely to god Princess can put a work around up on it's website until they get the kinks out of their app. We still have 234 days till the cruise, I know we have time, it's just so darn frustrating. If it's not sorted this will be our last Princess cruise.

5 minutes ago, Dave from Ont said:

We own ipad Mini 2, Model A1489. OS 12.5.4.

Apple is currently on iOS 14.6. I don’t know what earlier iOS version the medallion app supports but it “may” be part of your problem.  

10 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

Apple is currently on iOS 14.6. I don’t know what earlier iOS version the medallion app supports but it “may” be part of your problem.  

I just Googled it and it seems that device can be updated to the newer version of iOS.

Original: iOS 7.0.3 Current: iOS 12.5.4, released June 14, 2021
Edited by Thrak

21 minutes ago, Dave from Ont said:

Update: The MedallionClass app is still crashing for us. We have deleted and downloaded it numerous times. We have spoke to Customer Service, Princess MedallionClass help, and written to Customer Service. We own ipad Mini 2, Model A1489. OS 12.5.4. We have not been able to get any help. Princess has told us it should be working. When I download the app it open and asks me to share photos, and I do and it asks about pushing messages and I agree. It allows me to swipe 4 pages of what the app can do. Then it crashes. When I open the app again the screen than says "Sounds Good To Me" and then crashes.

I know I have been on here several time expressing my frustration with this app I just can believe Princess doesn't have a work around for people with these problems. I've been told to have a family member etc., do it for us, however, I won't have anything in hand when I get to the port to show I have done all the steps and check-in. I don't want Murphy striking. I just want a stress free holiday and finally get to finish a cruise that has been cancelled 2 times in the past. Surely to god Princess can put a work around up on it's website until they get the kinks out of their app. We still have 234 days till the cruise, I know we have time, it's just so darn frustrating. If it's not sorted this will be our last Princess cruise.

Print out your Travel Summary from the Personalizer on Princess website. Take that with you along with Vaccination papers, passport etc. They say there will be agents there to assist people without smartphones/ devices to complete checking at the pier. 

not worth stress. It just is not ready to use yet. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dave from Ont said:

I have an iPad iOS 14.6 and it’s working perfectly with the app.  What you see when you open the app in your device is nothing like I’ve seen since installing the app last month.  When I opened the app initially after installing,  I got a fuzzy pic of a ship and then asking for booking number.  Once I put in our booking number, everything was available to add our information, documents, photos, preferences, etc.  
I have heard that Princess will have extra staff at the cruise terminal on embarkation day for those who were unable to use the app and want to check in the traditional way.  No need to cancel you cruise, it just might take a little longer to get onboard.  I was ready to pack it in, too, but decided to persevere and it all fell into place.  I think your iPad may be your problem, but not sure.  Lots of people in your shoes and Princess knows it and will work with you.  Good luck!

14 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I just Googled it and it seems that device can be updated to the newer version of iOS.

Original: iOS 7.0.3 Current: iOS 12.5.4, released June 14, 2021

Newer version for that age ipad but not the lastest for newer apple products which is 14.6.  We have no problem with the app. using the 14.6 iOS version nor is LadyArwen as she stated above.  Just trying to determine if problems are with outdated electronics.  Since princess is not helping we may have to figure it out for ourselves.  It may help if folks gave info on what products they are using when they report trouble so maybe we can narrow it down somehow. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dog said:

Just checked my booking in Personalizer. MedallionClass app—- no longer says “Coming Soon”. 
Must have worked on it. Tells me to download app & check in 

Who knows?  Mine says same thing, but have had access for some time now and also OceanReady (as much as possible this far out).  Just DMW that isn't "right".

Just be forewarned. I have an iPhone XS and an iPad Air 2 both running the latest iOS (14.6) and, though the app is no longer crashing, it is not working correctly for me since the addition of the additional input screens for local airport and flights to the cruise. 

For those who own the original IPad mini 2,  you can't update to  Apple's new software; thus the ocean medallion app will not work on this device. Apple Ipad Mini4 and above will allow you to update to the 14.6 software.  This is how Apple keeps you buying or should I say force you to buy the latest devices.  They will only support their older products four years past their release date.  After that you won't be able to update to the new software.  But Apple demands all the app users; in this case Princess Cruise line;  to update their apps so they will work on the latest Apple software.  It's a little complicated if you don't spend a lot of time with smart devices or computers.  Sorry for the not so nice news to people who own older iphones, ipads, or othere smart device

• Thanks 1