Medallion App Updated and Working Now

3 minutes ago, geoherb said:

Is it too early for arrival groups? Some people on the roll call for my cruise have reported being able to sign up for arrival groups since June 23. My cruise is a little over three weeks away. And I guess that's why the rep said that the early groups were full initially before getting me into the second group.

Oh my!!! SORRY.  I must have got you mixed up with another poster as I had seen March 2022 departure.  By all means, I should think you ought to have access to do that before now. 

Yes, that is the risk if not getting in when the others do and not realizing to call and get some action - you get shuffled down the line.  Hope things get better with this section of MC App soon.

That said, I hope Princess doesn't allow all of the early arrival slots to fill up months before a cruise. After all, one of the Captain's Circle benefits of being Platinum or Elite is having priority boarding. It shouldn't matter if you booked the cruise two years out or three and a half weeks before as I did this time.

45 minutes ago, geoherb said:

That said, I hope Princess doesn't allow all of the early arrival slots to fill up months before a cruise. After all, one of the Captain's Circle benefits of being Platinum or Elite is having priority boarding. It shouldn't matter if you booked the cruise two years out or three and a half weeks before as I did this time.

This is true, but IDK how they can level the field in this situation.  Eventually, Covid protocols will go away and then they can enlarge the Arrival Groups.  And make earlier times.  Hope this is what happens. 

Maybe customer feedback will encourage them to scrap Arrival Groups post-Covid-19 protocols.  IDK, but I don't see the necessity as the old system worked fine.  Show up when you want and wait in line or wait for boarding to open, or come later and head on board right after check-in.

Edited by Steelers36