Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

Success!  I just opened the app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite!!  I called the number for support on Monday to get them to recognize my booking number and when I checked today, it took my booking number and DW's personal info.  I was able to get my new passport in and now DW & I are in the 'Green Lane' for the first three categories.  The last two aren't available to me yet as the cruise is in 2022.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Success!  I just opened the app on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite!!  I called the number for support on Monday to get them to recognize my booking number and when I checked today, it took my booking number and DW's personal info.  I was able to get my new passport in and now DW & I are in the 'Green Lane' for the first three categories.  The last two aren't available to me yet as the cruise is in 2022.

Yep, pretty much the same here. They still haven't solved my original problem (DW's account having my eMail as the login ID), but at least all our data is available in the app.

1 hour ago, barrykel said:

Yep, pretty much the same here. They still haven't solved my original problem (DW's account having my eMail as the login ID), but at least all our data is available in the app.

DW uses the same e-mail address as me.  I was able to log into her profile by entering the booking number and then her full name and d.o.b.  Maybe if you logged in that way, you would be able to change her e-mail log in ID.

26 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

DW uses the same e-mail address as me.  I was able to log into her profile by entering the booking number and then her full name and d.o.b.  Maybe if you logged in that way, you would be able to change her e-mail log in ID.

Nope. If I try to change it from the app it just whines that the login ID is already in use; the app knows her login ID, and lets us login with it - it appears there is another field in the DB that's just used by the website, and it won't let me change that, either from the app or the website. At least the app now appears to be working right, and I can get into my profile on the website using my second eMail address, so I'll just wait til I hear back from the dev team. Their DBA will, I'm sure, be able to easily fix things once they've got time to work on it.

On 8/4/2021 at 4:44 PM, Roberto256 said:

So, I guess the Amazon Fire Tablet that you recommended previously is out?

After I was able to get into the green lane on my new Samsung Tablet, I opened the MC app on my fire tablet and all of my new information (2022 booking, new passport info, etc.) populated in the old version of the app.  It isn't completely available for all check in needs but it may work onboard.  

BTW Daniel, happy that it works for you now but it can still go wrong later for no apparent reason. Happened to me.

Here is a head scratcher - We had Oct 24 replaced by Oct 31. Subsequently had to cancel Oct 31. So I have twice submitted the online website form. Once to replace Oct 24 with 31 and then to cancel that cruise instead of replace, due to a timing problem. Separate cruise Feb 26 2022.

Booking number Login as me and still shows Oct 24 and Feb26 - plus my Personal Info is missing. Booking number login as DW shows just Feb 26 and personal info is OK except that a few things need to be re-entered. All transactions with Princess have been by me DW is travelling companion no separate login.

9 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Booking number Login as me and still shows Oct 24 and Feb26 - plus my Personal Info is missing. Booking number login as DW shows just Feb 26 and personal info is OK except that a few things need to be re-entered. All transactions with Princess have been by me DW is travelling companion no separate login.

When you login as yourself, what happens if you try and reenter your personal info? Does it let you enter the data, or do you get the 'Compass is currently unavailable' error message? And when you login as DW, does it just show her personal info or both?

FWIW, I've encountered this same issue a couple of times, and both times it got 'fixed' about a day after I called the support line, tho my original issue is still present (my eMail login showing DW's profile). I did get the automated response eMail saying they were busy helping cruisers with closer sail dates (mine is 12/11); I imagine you'll get the same one if you call. You may just want to wait and see if it gets fixed on its own.

4 minutes ago, barrykel said:

When you login as yourself, what happens if you try and reenter your personal info? Does it let you enter the data, or do you get the 'Compass is currently unavailable' error message? And when you login as DW, does it just show her personal info or both?

FWIW, I've encountered this same issue a couple of times, and both times it got 'fixed' about a day after I called the support line, tho my original issue is still present (my eMail login showing DW's profile). I did get the automated response eMail saying they were busy helping cruisers with closer sail dates (mine is 12/11); I imagine you'll get the same one if you call. You may just want to wait and see if it gets fixed on its own.

All login using Booking number. Self - Personal info only has Security Photo, Personal Photo, Pin Code. So nowhere to add further info. DW has all line items for Personal info, some previously entered info is missing and just her photo not mine.

Small detail, if DW uses Oct 24 Booking number then two cruises are shown Oct 24 and Feb 26. If login as Feb 24 Booking number, only that cruise shows.

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

All login using Booking number. Self - Personal info only has Security Photo, Personal Photo, Pin Code. So nowhere to add further info. DW has all line items for Personal info, some previously entered info is missing and just her photo not mine.

Small detail, if DW uses Oct 24 Booking number then two cruises are shown Oct 24 and Feb 26. If login as Feb 24 Booking number, only that cruise shows.

Probably not worth wasting 2 hrs of your time on hold for the support line at this point, but you might try just sending an email to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com describing your problem; you'll get the 'we're prioritizing support based on sail date' auto-reply, but your problem will get into the queue and they should be able to fix it when it 'comes around on the guitar' (as Arlo used to say).

19 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Probably not worth wasting 2 hrs of your time on hold for the support line at this point, but you might try just sending an email to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com describing your problem; you'll get the 'we're prioritizing support based on sail date' auto-reply, but your problem will get into the queue and they should be able to fix it when it 'comes around on the guitar' (as Arlo used to say).

Thanks and agree, I sent email as you suggest and will just hold on for a month or two until things settle down.

22 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Anyone else's App loading   V-E-R-Y   S-L-O-W-L-Y   right now? The screen keeps freezing. 🙄

It's never been what I would call a speed demon, but for me most things are still OK. The one thing that took an outrageous amount of time was trying to go to Dine My Way - I clicked on the icon, and it took probably a full minute to decide that it was too soon to let me in (I don't cruise til 12/11)

15 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

I just rated the App a "1" on the Apple App Store and left a review that I named MedallionCrap. 🤣

What's the average rating on Apple? It's 1.4 on Android, and I also gave it a 1, only because it wouldn't let me give it a 0.

17 minutes ago, barrykel said:

Dine My Way - I clicked on the icon, and it took probably a full minute to decide that it was too soon to let me in

Yeh I have not been able to Dine Any Way for a while. Luckily I booked a few specialty restaurants on the website prior to this mess and am in a suite so hopefully have ClubClass dining. Also, we plan on going to Flora Farms in Cabo for dinner (overnight) so that takes care of one dinner. 

18 minutes ago, barrykel said:

What's the average rating on Apple? It's 1.4 on Android, and I also gave it a 1, only because it wouldn't let me give it a 0.

Nor I which is why I gave it a 1. It's actually at a 4.7 which I cannot fathom! 

IMG_A242D4B3BAAB-1.jpeg

@barrykelfollow up from earlier posts, perhaps in the other thread. To show how strange this is. Login as DW using booking number. Shows both of us in Personal Info and if I click myself all items except payment method are filled in. Login as myself just three items and even then those items have no data. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just FYI, today is 7 Aug.  I just opened the medallion class app on my iphone.  It opened in less than five seconds. I have four out of five green checks; waiting to book arrival time which should come avail 4 Sep for our 4 Oct cruise to Cabo.  App seems to be working fine.  Have a wonderful weekend.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

waiting to book arrival time which should come avail 4 Sep for our 4 Oct cruise to Cabo.  

Have you seen or heard anything definitive from Princess regarding when the timeframe for selecting arrival and departure groups opens up?  Do you know if they are giving Priority Boarding passengers first crack at selecting the arrival and departure groups?

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Have you seen or heard anything definitive from Princess regarding when the timeframe for selecting arrival and departure groups opens up?  Do you know if they are giving Priority Boarding passengers first crack at selecting the arrival and departure groups?

I have not heard anything official from Princess.  All I know is after final pmt is made (which I made on Friday), the arrival times would be available as I get closer to sail date.  My own reasoning would be 30 days prior.  I do not know who gets priority; but assume the Platinum and elite will get a good boarding time. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2021 at 7:09 AM, AF-1 said:

Just FYI, today is 7 Aug.  I just opened the medallion class app on my iphone.  It opened in less than five seconds. I have four out of five green checks; waiting to book arrival time which should come avail 4 Sep for our 4 Oct cruise to Cabo.  App seems to be working fine.  Have a wonderful weekend.

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Canadian border is open for traveling from USA to Canada as of today.

Yes, they have an app for that:

Download the ArriveCAN mobile app

To download and install the mobile app, you'll need to have one of the following:

an Apple device running iOS 12 or above

an Android device running OS 6 or above

But if you do not have a smart phone, you can use a web based browser on a PC.

If only Princess would allow the same.

https://assets.amuniversal.com/2b44fa70bdb3013968cf005056a9545d

• Like 2