Jump to content

Medallion App Updated and Working Now


HBCcruiser
 Share

Recommended Posts

Again, the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand.  

 

 A web-based version of OceanReady is in the final stages of completion and expected to be available by late November, first with travel checklist accessibility, followed by Dine My Way reservations shortly thereafter.

 

And below says late October.

 

Which is it?  At this point, it really doesn't matter to me since I finally got the app to work.....all except for being able to choose an arrival time.  

 

image.png.fc3f08e012b9c8a9ff706f20115fe3fd.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ohmycruise said:

Just got an email.

 

We heard you: Web-based OceanReady® coming soon!

With cruising back, guests are quickly discovering how the MedallionClass® app makes preparing for their cruise incredibly easy, using OceanReady® to upload travel docs and emergency contact information as well as share preferences, in addition to making dining reservations using Dine My Way. More than 90% of our guests are using a smart device to complete their travel checklist prior to sailing, which also makes accessing MedallionClass Experiences more convenient once they board.

Soon guests/clients will be able to access the OceanReady pre-cruise check-in experience using their personal computers. A web-based version of OceanReady is in the final stages of completion and expected to be available by late November, first with travel checklist accessibility, followed by Dine My Way reservations shortly thereafter.

We appreciate the feedback you’ve shared with us about offering a web-based option, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated on the launch date.

 

I'm pretty sure that one of our correspondents reported being told by princess that this wasn't possible.

 

And, of course 90% of your guests are using the app.

That is their only choice.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last night I was going to check my medallion app to see if I was assigned a boarding time.   To my surprise the app was nowhere to be found.   I decided to download it again.    Then a message popped up saying my tablet was not compatible with the app.    What the heck.   How could I have downloaded it two weeks ago and added all my info to have it vanish????

 

getting more frustrated with Princess between this and changing ships and disappearing flights, etc.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

 

I'm pretty sure that one of our correspondents reported being told by princess that this wasn't possible.

 

And, of course 90% of your guests are using the app.

That is their only choice.

Well actually, it's not the only choice - they can just show up at the pier with their docs, maybe wait a bit longer, but eventually they'll be fine.
And I've really got to question that 90% number, at least wrt American cruisers - considering that just over 70% of Americans overall have smartphones, the percentage of cruisers has got to be lower than that, since we trend older. The 90% number really doesn't pass the smell test.

Edit: And anyone who said it wasn't possible is obviously lying. Of course it's possible! All they need to do is implement one new page in the Personalizer that calls the same backend functions as the app - most likely there's an existing Web Service that does exactly what they need. What they really meant was that their beancounters were too cheap to spend the small amount of development expense that it would take to do so.

 

Edited by barrykel
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, "miraculously", less than 24 hrs after firing off a long email to Princess's CEO, Senior VP of Sales, and Director of Customer Relations I have received both a phone call "regarding my email" and later an email telling me my issues with the app had been fixed and to please test it out. Well, I did, and guess what? It works! I can now save my edits and I can instantly get into Dine My Way and it seems to work, too. It's amazing what a few choice paragraphs to the right people can accomplish. Of course, I'm sure that's just a coincidence. Wink Wink.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Erndog72 said:

Well, "miraculously", less than 24 hrs after firing off a long email to Princess's CEO, Senior VP of Sales, and Director of Customer Relations I have received both a phone call "regarding my email" and later an email telling me my issues with the app had been fixed and to please test it out. Well, I did, and guess what? It works! I can now save my edits and I can instantly get into Dine My Way and it seems to work, too. It's amazing what a few choice paragraphs to the right people can accomplish. Of course, I'm sure that's just a coincidence. Wink Wink.

What are the email address that you used in case we need to contact them?

 

Thanks!

 

Tom😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We ordered our Medallions back on 6/23, when we were "green lane" , for our Thanksgiving cruise.

 

We are now 'in the yellow' with step 2 , personalize medallion now missing the green checkmark - and getting the dreaded 'white screen' 

 

what should be our next step - delete and re-install the app ? - then do we then have to 'reorder the medallions' ?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, voljeep said:

We ordered our Medallions back on 6/23, when we were "green lane" , for our Thanksgiving cruise.

 

We are now 'in the yellow' with step 2 , personalize medallion now missing the green checkmark - and getting the dreaded 'white screen' 

 

what should be our next step - delete and re-install the app ? - then do we then have to 'reorder the medallions' ?

 

 

I would delete and reinstall.  Then you can go back on to see if your order is there.  It should show an order no and your selection details for each one ordered.  If not, you can reorder or call them to inquire.  If you need to,  I’d call on Monday, during business hours, west coast time.

 

They don’t mail them until much later, you usually get them about 2 weeks before your sail date.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sigh... Broken again. All cruises were green line. Now our early cruises (the ones certain to be cancelled) are yellow and I get the dreaded "white screen" when trying to (once again) select medallion stuff. Also our May cruise is gone. Not too surprising as they have changed our ship from Sapphire to Royal but annoying nonetheless. I tried adding it with the new booking number but got the notice about the number "not matching their records".

 

Gotta love it. Also love that the Summary page for the May cruise is now a black screen. I can get around it and get to the other screens for that cruise but not the Summary page.

 

Not going to worry about it. Not worth the effort. They will probably fix it and then break it again multiple times before we cruise.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... Broken again. All cruises were green line. Now our early cruises (the ones certain to be cancelled) are yellow and I get the dreaded "white screen" when trying to (once again) select medallion stuff. Also our May cruise is gone. Not too surprising as they have changed our ship from Sapphire to Royal but annoying nonetheless. I tried adding it with the new booking number but got the notice about the number "not matching their records".

 

Gotta love it. Also love that the Summary page for the May cruise is now a black screen. I can get around it and get to the other screens for that cruise but not the Summary page.

 

Not going to worry about it. Not worth the effort. They will probably fix it and then break it again multiple times before we cruise.

Sounds like a story of my interaction with that app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, trbarton said:

What are the email address that you used in case we need to contact them?

 

Thanks!

 

Tom😀

Jan Swartz, CEO     jswartz@princesscruises.com

 

Collin Steinke, Director of Customer Relations   csteinke@princesscruises.com

 

SVP, Sales   JChernesky@PrincessCruises.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 6:19 PM, Amoorhouse said:

Hello, I seem to be unable to order our Medallions.  Is it to early we don't sail until late November?

---

Not at all for November 2021;
I ordered my late November 2021 and late December 2021 medallions on July 1.

 

Yesterday I ordered medallions for April 2022, September 2022, and May 2023.

 

(Yet I can't order a medallion for March 2022.🙄 . . .     Stupid Princess app.)

---

Edited by RSS from SF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, tellis90245 said:

cr8tiv1 - Where did you find that screenshot or whatever it was about web-based OceanReady? And yeah - I'll believe it when I see it.

Do you suppose they got so swamped by people at the dock needing help they realized phone app only is not ideal for their clientele?

 

I was not the one that posted the screen shot of the web based check in.  But it is a moot point since one hand says late October and the other hand says November.  I wouldn't hold my breath considering this app was suppose to be ready and user friendly eons ago.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How can you order the medallion if I don't have the app?   Looked all over my personalizer.    I downloaded it on my tablet a couple weeks ago and it is not there anymore - tried again - says tablet is not compatible..   Just got a new Iphone last week and tried to download it but not luck.                         Wish you could do it all on the personalizer!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, compozer said:

How can you order the medallion if I don't have the app?   Looked all over my personalizer.    I downloaded it on my tablet a couple weeks ago and it is not there anymore - tried again - says tablet is not compatible..   Just got a new Iphone last week and tried to download it but not luck.                         Wish you could do it all on the personalizer!!!!

I just deleted and reinstalled the app on my Android phone.  Maybe they are having trouble with Apple right now.  It looks like they try to fix something, sometimes without success, and break something else.

 

I agree about doing it all on the personalizer but somehow they think the medallion will be the solution to everyone for everything yet it isn't a mature product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, srice said:

I just deleted and reinstalled the app on my Android phone.  Maybe they are having trouble with Apple right now.  It looks like they try to fix something, sometimes without success, and break something else.

 

I agree about doing it all on the personalizer but somehow they think the medallion will be the solution to everyone for everything yet it isn't a mature product.

They are updating the website until 

915pm PT tonight.

Retry tomorrow 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if you want to order your medallion not using the app

call 1 844 525 0942

 

I have an iphone6 and the app will not download, and i am not going to buy a new phone

I called the number above, put in my request for dining time, and ordered my medallion and will do the rest of the paperwork at the pier.  

not happy, but I can spend money on a cruise or spend money on a phone, which would Princess like me to do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...