Jump to content

Oceania Sailing Restart August, 29th!!


Aloha 1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Per Bob Binder:

 

The time has come to resume sailing and the first ship to welcome our Oceania Club members home will be Marina on August 29th when she will sail from Copenhagen to restart her previously published voyage schedules. 

As we chart this course, I want to assure you that we will never compromise when it comes to health and safety. Counseled by the best and brightest minds in science and public health, we have introduced a comprehensive set of health and safety protocols established by our SailSAFE™ Global Health and Wellness Council, which is chaired by Dr. Scott Gottlieb, former Commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. You can read more about SailSAFE and the distinguished group of experts who guide us here. 

Return-to-service dates for Riviera, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena will be announced at a later date. Reintroducing each of our six ships in this disciplined fashion will allow us to execute flawlessly as we welcome our shipboard teams “home” to bring each of the ships back into service. I know that you are very eager to start exploring the world once again. When you return, all of us at Oceania Cruises want to not just welcome you back to the experience you remember and cherish, but also to exceed your expectations by elevating the dining experiences and service levels. From the very first sailing, your experience will be better than ever. In the coming weeks, we will be sharing the exciting details of our latest OceaniaNEXT culinary and service enhancements.

In addition to the enticing OceaniaNEXT enhancements, we will soon start revealing the exciting details on our next new ship, Vista, which will debut in early 2023 with the inaugural voyages opening for sale this September. Beginning next month, be on the lookout for information on the dramatic public spaces, the spacious suites and staterooms, and of course, the much-anticipated culinary offerings of Vista. 

We’ve waited a long time for this moment, but the best is yet to come. We’re about to embark on a very exciting journey over the coming months and we look forward to rekindling friendships and sharing many great moments together. 

On behalf of the entire Oceania Cruises team around the globe, I want to thank you for your patience, your loyalty and your unwavering passion for travel. 

Travel Assurance
Bob Binder
President & CEO
Oceania Cruises

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if the Marina refurbishment will be completed prior to sailing?  It was originally scheduled for 2020 and then delayed to May of 2021 but I haven't heard if they are going to do it.  We are scheduled to be on Marina Dec 21 and we were told when we originally booked that it will be refurbished before our cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone with a Cruise prior to October -- you might want to check your booking.  Our Aug cruise booking is gone from the My Reservation site.  Obviously is cancelled since it was Alaska.

 

Only Marina appears on the O web site for anything prior to October.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Anyone with a Cruise prior to October -- you might want to check your booking.  Our Aug cruise booking is gone from the My Reservation site.  Obviously is cancelled since it was Alaska.

 

Only Marina appears on the O web site for anything prior to October.

Paul Everything prior to Sept  30th is cancelled  except  the Marina

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/coronavirus-statement

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know said I was outa here but I am booked to be on the Marina Aug. 29. The cruise is there in my account, but there no itinerary changes, nothing about being limited to "bubble" excursions. I highly doubt Russia will be allowing a cruise ship with only Americans in St. Petersburg for 2 days, and the other Baltic countries are not going in with the EU countries to allow Americans in this summer.

 

Final payment is due 6/20 for this cruise. I haven't actually cancelled yet, something would have to

radically change for me to take this cruise.  If masks are required onboard with all pax and staff vaccinated then I am not going.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope it is the ATW in 2023!
 

Yes, lots more Cancellations to come. We were betting on Riviera being first so we are still hoping October or November sailings are a GO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WholeNewWorld said:

Well bummer there goes my Aug 1 Baltic's....Only my ATW left.  Which I highly doubt will sail.

Covid SUCKS. 😞

I wouldn’t count out ATW 2022 just yet. Perhaps there will be itinerary modifications (e.g., embarkation from Bermuda instead of Miami, added sea days, etc.). Remember that Insignia’s operation for the ATW half a year also serves segment cruisers. That’s a lot of business to dump just for not modifying the US port involvement. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I know said I was outa here but I am booked to be on the Marina Aug. 29. The cruise is there in my account, but there no itinerary changes, nothing about being limited to "bubble" excursions. I highly doubt Russia will be allowing a cruise ship with only Americans in St. Petersburg for 2 days, and the other Baltic countries are not going in with the EU countries to allow Americans in this summer.

 

Final payment is due 6/20 for this cruise. I haven't actually cancelled yet, something would have to

radically change for me to take this cruise.  If masks are required onboard with all pax and staff vaccinated then I am not going.

Why only Americans onboard? This cruise is available to book in UK. I am sure masks will be required in public spaces onboard and vaccinations required.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I know said I was outa here but I am booked to be on the Marina Aug. 29. The cruise is there in my account, but there no itinerary changes, nothing about being limited to "bubble" excursions. I highly doubt Russia will be allowing a cruise ship with only Americans in St. Petersburg for 2 days, and the other Baltic countries are not going in with the EU countries to allow Americans in this summer.

 

We're  booked for some version of this trip for 9/22. So if they started making changes and adding restrictions would that still entitle you to a full refund?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

Why only Americans onboard? This cruise is available to book in UK. I am sure masks will be required in public spaces onboard and vaccinations required.

Because as of now the only people allowed to enter a few EU countries with vaccination are Americans. We can go to Greece, Croatia. Aren't UK citizens prohibited from leaving your country? Would Denmark let you in? Heck, as of today Americans cannot enter Denmark so how is O going to sail from Copenhagen? 

 

from the Danish Embassy web site:

Last updated: April, 26, 2021

The Danish border is closed to most foreign travelers, including travelers from the United States.  Danish authorities have not set a firm date for when the border may reopen to tourism from the United States.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, clo said:

We're  booked for some version of this trip for 9/22. So if they started making changes and adding restrictions would that still entitle you to a full refund?

I doubt it. The same cancellation policy would apply. You would not get a refund, only a FCC. 

If the itinerary changes at the last minute will you still take your cruise? I won't. 

Edited by susiesan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I know said I was outa here but I am booked to be on the Marina Aug. 29. The cruise is there in my account, but there no itinerary changes, nothing about being limited to "bubble" excursions. I highly doubt Russia will be allowing a cruise ship with only Americans in St. Petersburg for 2 days, and the other Baltic countries are not going in with the EU countries to allow Americans in this summer.

 

Final payment is due 6/20 for this cruise. I haven't actually cancelled yet, something would have to

radically change for me to take this cruise.  If masks are required onboard with all pax and staff vaccinated then I am not going.

Let’s hope that masks will still be required, at least - indoors. That said, at least we know the antivaxxers won’t be on O ships anytime in the foreseeable future:

Newly posted on the O website: 

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/health

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to see a planned start has been announced.

 

Regarding that first itinerary; it will be interesting to see what proof of vaccination is required by the countries on that itinerary.

Also what in port restrictions might be put in place by each country.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I doubt it. The same cancellation policy would apply. You would not get a refund, only a FCC. 

If the itinerary changes at the last minute will you still take your cruise? I won't. 

Nope. Especially SPB but nope.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

Good to see a planned start has been announced.

 

Regarding that first itinerary; it will be interesting to see what proof of vaccination is required by the countries on that itinerary.

Also what in port restrictions might be put in place by each country.

This cruise involves 9 countries, each with their own rules and regulations. I am surprised O decided to start with such a complex itinerary rather than one in just one country, like Greece. With the 8/29 cruise beginning in Denmark and ending in Sweden flight arrangements also get more difficult.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got a call from my TA letting us know that our Sept. 2 cruise from Athens to Venice has been cancelled.  I was really hoping it would go, think it must be because it ends in Venice other ports are in Greece and Turkey which are open for vax. Americans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

"That said, at least we know the antivaxxers won’t be on O ships anytime in the foreseeable future ..."

 

No??? What about those stubborn "antivaxxers" that pick-up one those $5 fake vaccination cards on the web ... using that as proof of vaccination?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...