Elite Booking Window (for new itineraries) notifications?

cruisingthomas

I found out about the new releases here and was notified by my Princess Vacation Planner yesterday.

I did not receive an email from Princess.

Princess have sent me an email when the new Australian/New Zealand cruise season is about to be released but not for the rest of the world. The email contains a link to the Aus/NZ brochure so at least we can have a look through the cruises before they come on sale.

We did not receive any notification this last round of itinerary releases and I have been anxiously awaiting them. 

If it wasn’t for Cruise Critic, I wouldn’t have known about it.

Strange how sometimes we’ve gotten notified and other times we have not. 

1 hour ago, cruisingthomas said:

Has anyone been getting these notifications? The last one we received was last September 14. 

Being able to book one day before bookings are opened up the everyone is a nice Elite benefit. But without these notification emails, it’s not worth much.

I have not received these notifications in over a year. Several calls to PCL have not helped. I get my info from Cruise Critic.

1 hour ago, maggie777 said:

I have not received these notifications in over a year. Several calls to PCL have not helped. I get my info from Cruise Critic.

I haven’t received them either. I thought I had the problem solved about a year ago after changing my email address because Princess said that was the problem. I got one after that and none since. I didn’t receive any information about the early booking yesterday except here on CC.

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Like others I got the email after the booking window opened.  Thank heavens for CC (and of course my TA).

image.thumb.png.6a55deb1d1f3e044bbb0905b1fafc340.png

Yes, we received that at 1:41 PM Pacific time. This is several hours earlier than when we usually get this type of notice.

I wish that Princess would send these out either earlier that day or, even better, the day before booking opens up for elites.,

Email arrived APR 27, 2:30pm ET.  I was aware in advance and obviously if something was important, I would have missed the opening gun by about 3.5 hrs if unaware. 

I don't recall if the Elite emails came prior to opening day pre-Covid stoppages as I was not Elite for very long ahead of March, 2020.  IMO, since Covid pauses, emails were unreliable in 2020.

Got it just the other day but was surprised to get it. I think we got a similar mail one other time. It mostly just looks like a regular Princess come on ad. You have to read it all to see it says Elite can book a day early. Like others here, I think it would be much better if they sent it out a week or so in advance.

We didn't take advantage of the booking offer. I tried to get my wife to jump on the 28 day Hawaii and South Pacific cruise (absolutely loved that one!) but she wants to go somewhere different and it wasn't part of the offerings. She really wants to go to Iceland. Sadly, that destination is only offered on Island Princess which is my least favorite ship by far. I guess it's probably part of the World Cruise. We had it booked before - 18 day Fire and Ice cruise - with a 7 day Caribbean cruise stuck on the front because the 18 day left out of Port Everglades. (About the only way you can get us to book a 7 day cruise. It has to be part of a longer trip.) Of course those were cancelled. I had really hoped to be able to satisfy her desire for Iceland on a later cruise on a different ship but the only future cruises I can find that visit Iceland are on that same dang ship.

Just received an email for the Elite only one day early bookings for 2023 to NE/CA and summer 2023 to the Caribbean that are available today…no advance notice.

discover canada & new england and summer caribbean cruises

Booking opens tomorrow for the 2023 season — 
and Elite members can enjoy exclusive booking that begins today!

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Just received an email for the Elite only one day early bookings for 2023 to NE/CA and summer 2023 to the Caribbean that are available today…no advance notice.

discover canada & new england and summer caribbean cruises

Booking opens tomorrow for the 2023 season — 
and Elite members can enjoy exclusive booking that begins today!

I got that email a week ago today a couple of hours after the Elite booking window opened up.  So it's worse than no advance notice for you - it seems like it's six days after the sale of these cruises opened up to the general public!

On 4/29/2021 at 10:33 PM, Thrak said:

Got it just the other day but was surprised to get it. I think we got a similar mail one other time. It mostly just looks like a regular Princess come on ad. You have to read it all to see it says Elite can book a day early. Like others here, I think it would be much better if they sent it out a week or so in advance.

Elite early booking option.   Please explain what are the advantages to book early. 

I’m having Elite status for over six years and never received any emails.  Should I be concerned?  What am I missing?  Is this a come on ad?  John

51 minutes ago, John99 said:

Please explain what are the advantages to book early.

The biggest advantage is getting the cabin you want before the public does. Of course, you're battling out with other elites on the same day. But in the case that you ever have a specific preference for a possibly-rare itinerary, then you try and get your preference.

You're hardly alone in terms of not getting emails as an Elite. Princess' IT leaves a lot to be desired, though I'd make sure to check all your account settings if you book independently or get in contact with your PVP/agent if you use either to get comms from them.