Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Yesterday it finally dipped below $25.  The question of the day is... did you dip your toes and buy some?  Hopefully you were still flush with cash and didn't buy a week earlier at the higher levels others in this thread suggested.  Buy low, sell high.

 

I'm not loading up at $25, since I already loaded up under $10. Not selling yet either though. Some nice action this week, keep some dry powder.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Yesterday it finally dipped below $25.  The question of the day is... did you dip your toes and buy some?  Hopefully you were still flush with cash and didn't buy a week earlier at the higher levels others in this thread suggested.  Buy low, sell high.

Dipped below 25 again today, in fact saw a really low trade at 5 am maybe was covering margin or something off. Was just above $24, way lower than other trades.

 

Perfectly dreadful chart. Maybe its found some footing finally here around 24.83, seems for now to have quit falling. With dow up so much still its surprising to be this weak.

 

 

20210513_111902972.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elcuchio24 said:

 

I'm not loading up at $25, since I already loaded up under $10. Not selling yet either though. Some nice action this week, keep some dry powder.

It sounds like you learned, since two weeks ago you were suggesting people should buy, buy, buy at over $27.  Note I suggested to wait until it dipped below $25.  As I said earlier today, now is a time to dollar-cost-avg in - not load up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

It sounds like you learned, since two weeks ago you were suggesting people should buy, buy, buy at over $27.  Note I suggested to wait until it dipped below $25.  As I said earlier today, now is a time to dollar-cost-avg in - not load up.

I'd be afraid to buy into this chart today. I believe in moving averages and charts though. 

 

I don't think it would matter what carnival said anymore about restarting, no one would believe them, too many cries of wolf. They need to put action with their words. We need to see crew being hired and ships at full crew. Every day that goes by they arent sailing and burning thru money the stock is worth less as debt rises. 

 

Right now traders seem to have deserted ccl and the cruiseline stocks. I'd wait for the price to quit dropping before I bought more. I'm staying with the 100 shares I held until I see the price reach support. I'm not a trader or I would have gone short the other day when the 2nd time it broke below support. ..short not long.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

It sounds like you learned, since two weeks ago you were suggesting people should buy, buy, buy at over $27.  Note I suggested to wait until it dipped below $25.  As I said earlier today, now is a time to dollar-cost-avg in - not load up.

 

 I said that it's been a huge gainer since it was at $9 WHEN I WAS telling people to buy...and yes, I still think its a good time to buy for OBC, I am just happy with my current holdings, at where I purchased. 

Edited by elcuchio24
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

It sounds like you learned, since two weeks ago you were suggesting people should buy, buy, buy at over $27.  Note I suggested to wait until it dipped below $25.  As I said earlier today, now is a time to dollar-cost-avg in - not load up.

 oh ya I have 'learned' from my mistake buying at $8. Your championing buying on a $2 dip...when were you at $8 with your hot advice?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Technicals called a double top, a sign of reversal a couple days ago, and I posted myself the charts said ccl was going down, a reversal. If you are in robinhood trading I hear it tells you when to buy or sell and charts are built in. The 2nd drop below 27 was a sell signal to the most blind. 

 

I circled what I think is sort of the double top they see, though it's not a perfect signal, more like the 3rd example of flat peaks, not sharp peak. But every chart screamed sell when it broke support.

 

For chartists ..  clear sell signals you dont always see

 

 

20210513_130330.jpg

20210513_125637.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch trading on Friday..... with the possibility that Miracle might sail in late August to Alaska should add some kind of lift to the stock. Rumor or fact it should feed into the cruise industry. I know its been really boring lately but if Miracle does sail I would bet the things will improve for the cruise business. It would be nice to take a vacation this summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vivian02 said:

Watch trading on Friday..... with the possibility that Miracle might sail in late August to Alaska should add some kind of lift to the stock. Rumor or fact it should feed into the cruise industry. I know its been really boring lately but if Miracle does sail I would bet the things will improve for the cruise business. It would be nice to take a vacation this summer. 

I was watching ccl trade when it turned north today. Wasnt tuned to the stock channel so went to look. It was the cdc removing the mask wearing that turned ccl around today. At least we dont have to wear a mask out laying by the pool. I dont think there was anything carnival could have said better than today to give ccl a lift. It wouldnt have closed over 25 without that. The alaska bill cleared only one chamber, one to go. Progress toward cruising. Baby steps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like all cruise line stocks were up slightly on the close.  But so was the market overall.  I used to be a CMT (certified market technician) and have always looked at technicals for entry/exit points if fundamentals support buys or sells.  But if you play Day Trader, you often get your head handed to you on whipsaws.  All models, indicators seem to fail at some time or another.  Best trading systems only work 70% of the time and don't prevent you from experiencing large losses along with your large gains. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to yesterday's long-awaited notice from CDC regarding mask removal.... Carnival, NCL, and RCL stocks having giant % value

increases today.

 

Ya think people are looking forward to cruiseship vacations soon ??????

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

 oh ya I have 'learned' from my mistake buying at $8. Your championing buying on a $2 dip...when were you at $8 with your hot advice?

You'll have to scroll waaaay back but I was recommending dollar-cost-averaging in from $12 down to $8.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I know I am, but have to wait until November now. Stopped with the cruise line stocks a bit ago after doing well. Making a lot more in DOGE.X

 

Until the next tweet and crash by Mr. Electric. You have to have intestinal fortitude to gamble on a pure social hope ponzi product, that can be swayed at a moments notice, based on nothing more than speculation/conjecture. It reminds me of a big six wheel bet. True gambling is too scary for me and isn't calculated odds (which I prefer).    

Edited by cruisingguy007
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I know I am, but have to wait until November now. Stopped with the cruise line stocks a bit ago after doing well. Making a lot more in DOGE.X. 

 

Tell us your buy and sell points, there is plenty to go around

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 4:37 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Prior to covid I had 400sh I bought at avg. $38.  March and April 2000, then again in the summer, I bought additional 1,400sh at avg. $11 (many @ $8.50, $9, $12, $14).  Recently I sold 500 just over $30, the main reason being the debt - as someone said earlier I don't see CCL going above $35 at least until debt is refinanced (what was the bond offering... 12%???)... plus the dilution of the stock...  Right now I'm a buyer under $25, seller over $30.

 

On 5/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Yesterday it finally dipped below $25.  The question of the day is... did you dip your toes and buy some?  Hopefully you were still flush with cash and didn't buy a week earlier at the higher levels others in this thread suggested.  Buy low, sell high.

Hopefully you bought some when it dipped under $25.  Now Carnival stock is inching close to $30.  Over $30 is a good time to sell partial position, while keeping an eye on cruise news for the next pop, and rebuying dips.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw that this AM on market feed.  Looks like a nice bit of refi.  Probably not going to get rates much lower.  Price bounce of 24 cents per share.  Now creeping close to the $30 mark. But that's at the top of CCL's trading range since February and volume appears to be spiking on news then drifting back some, so not expecting any breakout.  Most likely sticking in  a narrower range between 27 and 29 as cruises restart. Once all lines are fully operational and volume picks up steady you might see an uptrend toward 35.  But that's a ways away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I started buying at $20 when speculation started about possible summer cruising. Since then I have bought on the upside and exspect a break above $30 probably next month. I will most likely accumulate more is there is a dip. Way too soon to thing the dividend will come back. That day will come down the road. Tim

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Saw that this AM on market feed.  Looks like a nice bit of refi.  Probably not going to get rates much lower.  Price bounce of 24 cents per share.  Now creeping close to the $30 mark. But that's at the top of CCL's trading range since February and volume appears to be spiking on news then drifting back some, so not expecting any breakout.  Most likely sticking in  a narrower range between 27 and 29 as cruises restart. Once all lines are fully operational and volume picks up steady you might see an uptrend toward 35.  But that's a ways away.


I think so too.

 

All of this fluctuation is good for flipping.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I owned over 300 shares of CCL for many years and enjoyed the OBC as well as the quarterly dividends.  RCL was a much better investment, as I owned about 175 shares of it as well.  When C-19 hit, I dumped both stocks.  I'm 2 days away from retirement and have moved that money into much better investments for now.  I will reinvest once it becomes a more attractive investment to me and is once again paying a dividend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...