Jump to content

July Cruises not showing except for Miami and Galveston


Recommended Posts

Well, I just checked on my July 3rd from Long Beach and the only cruises that are still showing for July are the Breeze and Vista out of Galveston and the Horizon from Miami. I guess I will be getting sn email on Monday about my cruise officially being cancelled. I figured it would happen so I guess I need to look forward to the three I have been next year in January, March and October. On the bright side, maybe all this stuff will have stettled down and masked will not longer be required by then.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Callled our CARNIVAL PVP, she relayed that our Mardi Gras in July/ Miami was sold out.  Maybe?

Edited by topaz123
grammar
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I am booked on the Conquest for July 5.  Yesterday all four July dates for that particular cruise were still showing, today there are none.  I did not expect to sail on July 5 because that is definitely before mid-July, but all July Conquest sailings probably were not sold out on the same day.  

Edited by ZoeyVictoria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The cruise lines have stated that when they can begin cruising they were targeting FL ports first. Now, that was a while back and may have been changed since. Also it appears that there were no restrictions on capacity from the CDC change, just 98% and 95% vaccination. I believe the cruise lines also reduced booking in case there were capacity restrictions. I am on MG July 24. I am hoping she sails. The part the cruise lines need is to quickly know if it is. There is quite a bit of money for everyone outside of the cruise fare: flights, hotels, etc. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

Callled our CARNIVAL PVP, she relayed that our Mardi Gras in July/ Miami was sold out.  Maybe?

Thats  Mardi Gras/ Port Canaveral July 17 NOT Miami....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

The cruise lines have stated that when they can begin cruising they were targeting FL ports first. Now, that was a while back and may have been changed since. Also it appears that there were no restrictions on capacity from the CDC change, just 98% and 95% vaccination. I believe the cruise lines also reduced booking in case there were capacity restrictions. I am on MG July 24. I am hoping she sails. The part the cruise lines need is to quickly know if it is. There is quite a bit of money for everyone outside of the cruise fare: flights, hotels, etc. 

Sometimes the round trip airfare for Two is actually close to the price of the cruise.....toss in a couple of hotel nights and it's the same....OUCH !!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In our case, flight + hotel + airport parking back home is about 33% of our cruise price (cruise, drink package, etc). I am not sure of the overall credit for the airfare, but it changes inside 45 days I know. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tytanbri said:

July Cruises not showing except for Miami and Galveston

Maybe you have a filter on that's limiting your departure ports.  I see plenty of departures from other ports for July.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All but gas and food long since paid for sept vista. Moved parking 3 X. Wish I'd waited last minute to pay for parking and hotel. I knew parking was probably cash strapped so didnt ask for a refund, now I'd bet they cant a year later. My original paid parking was for a week in april 2020. I really need this to go. There was 1 more suite left at a good price promising a ocean view and sleeps up to 6. I'm beginning to worry the parking lots can hold on, as most in Galveston are small family owned businesses. A year ago i was complaining how the prices went up to park for a week. Now I'm thinking hold on a bit longer...we are coming. 

 

I was far too optimistic a year ago how long this would last. All I need to do is gas up my car and make a snack bag. My suitcase stays out with necessities. I can be ready in 20 minutes. I am so happy we might cruise after all. I was getting so worried. This is such good news that chances to go are so improved.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Maybe you have a filter on that's limiting your departure ports.  I see plenty of departures from other ports for July.

If I click on them it says Snap, there aren't any cruises available with the details you searched for.  Can you actually get in to book a room?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

image.thumb.png.10fde5a58a40e8aac326a780b053fb53.png

That is correct. The only three that you can book are the Horizon out of Miami and the Breeze and Vista out of Galveston. All the others are gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

image.thumb.png.10fde5a58a40e8aac326a780b053fb53.png

You're showing a screen shot for Horizon which is one of the three ships he posted. This doesn't bode well for the chances on Carnival's slate of July cruises. Even if they don't restart until August, they're still way ahead of the Nov. 1 CSO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, tytanbri said:

That is correct. The only three that you can book are the Horizon out of Miami and the Breeze and Vista out of Galveston. All the others are gone.

You're right, I must have been combining my memory of my search last night with what I see now.  Definitely saw Baltimore and LA yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mondello said:

You're showing a screen shot for Horizon which is one of the three ships he posted. This doesn't bode well for the chances on Carnival's slate of July cruises. Even if they don't restart until August, they're still way ahead of the Nov. 1 CSO.

I'm thinking they still have to do the 60 day filings before they can actually cruise. 

 

Also getting enough 98% vaccinated crew, maybe 3 ships to start. Getting pfe drug which is 2 shots in Galveston will take longer. 

 

I'm on vista so I'm good lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, tytanbri said:

Well, I just checked on my July 3rd from Long Beach and the only cruises that are still showing for July are the Breeze and Vista out of Galveston and the Horizon from Miami. I guess I will be getting sn email on Monday about my cruise officially being cancelled. I figured it would happen so I guess I need to look forward to the three I have been next year in January, March and October. On the bright side, maybe all this stuff will have stettled down and masked will not longer be required by then.

Yep, we are (well we were supposed to be😕) on the same cruise and nope, it's not there anymore.  I was pretty sure it would get cancelled, but there was always that little glimmer of hope.  Now if I'm understanding correctly, we should be getting the extra $100 obc on top of our $600 per cabin (and we booked 2) for holding out and not cancelling.  We'll see if that official email arrives Monday.  Then back to the drawing board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, tytanbri said:

That is correct. The only three that you can book are the Horizon out of Miami and the Breeze and Vista out of Galveston. All the others are gone.

 

Which leads one to believe, for one reason or the other, they aren't worried about the Florida vaccine passport ban. No way to tell whether that's because they are going to do the test cruise option, or because they think they can get around the vaccine passport ban, but my guess is the former.

 

(Which I personally would find a disappointment, but others have the opposite view)

Edited by Earthworm Jim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Every time I get an email from Carnival I think, ok this is it, they're officially canceling our cruise, but nope, just advertising.  So yesterday I receive an email saying "55 days 'till your cruise!"  Really Carnival???🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, johnlcruise said:

I'm still hoping for our cruise out of Long Beach in July.. Please

Yes, it would be amazing if our July 3rd cruise sailed.  Just don't see how it would even be possible right now.  They are shooting for a mid July start (is that even possible?) and there hasn't been any talk of the Long Beach departures, just Miami and Galveston.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hope cruises go out of Miami in July for all those with July cruises booked. It seems "major" cruise ports will be first to open. Although many months away, we have a Carnival cruise booked out of Tampa November 2021, and according to carnival.com, November is the first month Carnival is planning to go out of Tampa, not sure about any other cruise lines. I am concerned about Tampa and if anything will really go out of there in November, I suppose as with any other port and date, it is wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks (I think😕) tytanbri for letting us know.  Just went in and found that it's cancelled.  Haven't received the official email.  In fact, my cruise planner says 53 days 'till your cruise!  They also want my final payment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, pamesacruisin said:

Thanks (I think😕) tytanbri for letting us know.  Just went in and found that it's cancelled.  Haven't received the official email.  In fact, my cruise planner says 53 days 'till your cruise!  They also want my final payment.


Same here.  I attempted to book the drink package just for fun, and it definitely would have taken my payment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...