Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I always check my Viking bookings the first of the month. We have 4 VO cruises booked for 2022 and 2023, and each one has increased $300pp over yesterday’s prices. In 3 cases, it was a straight fare increase; the other cruise kept the same fare but increased air by $300pp.  The Viking river cruises I checked did not increase this month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Our cabin on the 22/23 WC has increased $6,400 since we booked in December.

Cumulative increases for our 4 cruises since booking is $6,800. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heidi13 said:

Our cabin on the 22/23 WC has increased $6,400 since we booked in December.

The perks also changed from per person to per couple.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Islandbc said:

The perks also changed from per person to per couple.

Our 21/22 WC is up $6100pp.  Also perks are per couple vs per person.  However, it is still sold out!

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Islandbc said:

The perks also changed from per person to per couple.

Yep.  If I booked our 22-23 WC today (if we could), we’d be paying $6400 more/couple and lose half our OBC. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

Get ready for massive inflation on all fronts, folks.

But think of all the money you saved by not cruising last year!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have one booked for next year and sure glad we booked Italy in 2023 in March.

 

I am wondering if the extensions will be upped in price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, zalusky said:

We have one booked for next year and sure glad we booked Italy in 2023 in March.

 

I am wondering if the extensions will be upped in price.

I will give you my personal guarantee.........

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW, I booked 3 Viking cruises on April 30, 2021. One River for Fall 2021, An Ocean (Trade Routes of the MIddle Ages) for Spring 2022 and Mississippi Heartlands River for Summer 2023.

We also have booked the Expedition cruise on the Great Lakes, a BtoB from Thunder Bay to Toronto in Fall 2022.

So I have "saved" a lot of money by spending a lot of money.

We were booked for Bali to Sydney for Nov 2021 but decided Australian travel may not happen and changed to the River cruise.  Also TA could not find Air flights from Australia to USA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MSEm said:

WOW, I booked 3 Viking cruises on April 30, 2021. One River for Fall 2021, An Ocean (Trade Routes of the MIddle Ages) for Spring 2022 and Mississippi Heartlands River for Summer 2023.

We also have booked the Expedition cruise on the Great Lakes, a BtoB from Thunder Bay to Toronto in Fall 2022.

So I have "saved" a lot of money by spending a lot of money.

We were booked for Bali to Sydney for Nov 2021 but decided Australian travel may not happen and changed to the River cruise.  Also TA could not find Air flights from Australia to USA.

Wow - great timing!   See you on the Trade Routes Cruise in April 2022 as we are booked.  (crossed fingers that by a year, the cruises will be going - never a done deal though as anything could happen).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zalusky said:

 

I am wondering if the extensions will be upped in price.

So far no extension for any of my booked cruises was increased. Waiting to see what happens with optional excursions.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Squawkman said:

I always check my Viking bookings the first of the month. We have 4 VO cruises booked for 2022 and 2023, and each one has increased $300pp over yesterday’s prices. In 3 cases, it was a straight fare increase; the other cruise kept the same fare but increased air by $300pp.  The Viking river cruises I checked did not increase this month.

Great product + pent up demand = Price Increases

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

Wow - great timing!   See you on the Trade Routes Cruise in April 2022 as we are booked.  (crossed fingers that by a year, the cruises will be going - never a done deal though as anything could happen).

We’re booked on that one too. Hopefully Meet and Mingles will return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

Great product + pent up demand = Price Increases

So true. Couple that with a legitimate need to replenish lost revenue and this should surprise no one. Glad we have two booked for 2022, and the funds from three cancellations to pay for them! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Ponant Cruises & Expeditions - Return to Europe!
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...