Cancelling Europe Cruises HAL?

59 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

I hope you can sail and appreciate your optimism. We booked a 28 day Northern Europe for next July 2022 and I am frankly waiting to see what restrictions/ issues there could be. Probably 80 (yes) 20 (no) odds on this cruise from my perspective. As much as we miss cruising (we miss what was cruising), and with what appear to be rising prices, we will pull the plug quickly if we see major cut backs and restrictions before final payment next March. Just our perspective.

Good luck to you,

We might see changes, Gus is the new guy so changes are bound to happen. Some folks will like them and some won't. Prices are for sure going to go up . like everything else in the U.S.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, lovecruisingrn said:

I just got notified that our Westerdam  cruise October 18 out of Venice has been cancelled. 

hmm  Our Westerdam Sept. 24-Oct. 18 cruise was switched to the Eurodam this week (and some ports changed) but nothing about cancelling.  Is it possible yours was just changed to the Eurodam too? It would be the first cruise after we disembark on Oct. 18 in Venice. 

16 hours ago, lovecruisingrn said:

I just got notified that our Westerdam  cruise October 18 out of Venice has been cancelled. 

That's because all the Med and TA itineraries on Westerdam this year have been taken over by Eurodam.  If you log into your HAL account, you should see a new booking that reflects the change.

• Like 1

I contacted our PCC after my wife saw the cancellation of the Westerdam on the HAL FB page a few days ago.

We are doing a B2B starting Oct 6th from Venice, the reservation has been moved to the Eurodam. I was told I should receive the normal pdf written confirmation once the reservations/change of ship have been fully audited.

After logging in to my HAL account I can see the change of ship when I look at our current bookings. Our cabin location is shown as being  identical to the original reservation, and I was told by our PCC that all the original "have it all perks" we signed up for will be honored, i.e. pre-paid gratuities, drinks package, on board credit, free wifi, etc. 

Hal has not done a good job on the communication of this change. 

I sure hope it goes ahead it's our 50th anniversary cruise!!! 50 great years.

47 minutes ago, old mike said:

I contacted our PCC after my wife saw the cancellation of the Westerdam on the HAL FB page a few days ago.

We are doing a B2B starting Oct 6th from Venice, the reservation has been moved to the Eurodam. I was told I should receive the normal pdf written confirmation once the reservations/change of ship have been fully audited.

After logging in to my HAL account I can see the change of ship when I look at our current bookings. Our cabin location is shown as being  identical to the original reservation, and I was told by our PCC that all the original "have it all perks" we signed up for will be honored, i.e. pre-paid gratuities, drinks package, on board credit, free wifi, etc. 

Hal has not done a good job on the communication of this change. 

I sure hope it goes ahead it's our 50th anniversary cruise!!! 50 great years.

You didn’t get an email from HAL telling about the changes? I’m really surprised. 

7 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

You didn’t get an email from HAL telling about the changes? I’m really surprised. 

No, just a broadcast notification saying the first leg was cancelled. This cruise booking seems to have been cursed from the beginning. We originally made the reservations in December 2019 and there was a previous hiccup last year when we were notified that the TA portion had been cancelled. Turned out that was an error by HAL. This whole experience has not been up to their usual standard of communication, that said given the global turmoil of the last year it is more than understandable that things are a little fraught.

I'm just glad that we can dare hope to cruise again, my wife has been in serious cruise withdrawal for over a year now. The inverse of a happy wife is a happy life. 

• Like 2