Jump to content

Onboard the American Jazz right now if you have a question


Recommended Posts

We will be on the Mississippi Queen doing this route July 3rd. How many passengers? Did you stay at the Intercontinental? Are any upcoming stops modified or deleted ? 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Cali Viajera said:

We will be on the Mississippi Queen doing this route July 3rd. How many passengers? Did you stay at the Intercontinental? Are any upcoming stops modified or deleted ? 
 

We are sailing with 100 ( out of 190 ) passengers. On line, the itinerary shows us stopping in St Francisville for Rosedown Plantation. We are not stopping in St Francisville, but can do the Plantation in the afternoon. There is time in the morning to do other excursions . Doing this gives us a day in Memphis before disembarkation day . There is an included city tour there or several optional paid excursions available.

We did stay at the Intercontinental which was nice ; worked well for us as I wanted to take the St Charles Ave Trolley to the Garden District . The trolley stops on the corner across the street .

Bags need to be ready for pick up in your room by 7am , Breakfast from 8-10 , mandatory Covid screening and testing from 8-11 am ( but don't wait that long assigned  transfers start at 11am.  For that you hand in the paperwork given at check in, wait until they call your name, go into the room where you get the test. Sit and wait with others for about 10 minutes , get your result and leave to either go the beeakfast or wait until your transfer time. Easy ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on the Jazz departing 31 October from Memphis.  Waiting for SWA to open schedule for our return from NO.  Our first cruise since the pandemic and doing it with another couple we have traveled extensively with. Do have other cruises scheduled with Oceania in December and Wind Star next April.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ssorry, I meant to say that we are doing Rosedown Planation in Baton Rouge instead of St Francisville. There is tome to do other excursions in BR in the morning as the Plantation tour is in the afternoon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy your cruise.  Are you able to have the balcony dividers opened if traveling with friend in two adjoins cabins?

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Enjoy your cruise.  Are you able to have the balcony dividers opened if traveling with friend in two adjoins cabins?

 

Thanks.

Interesting question.  Prior to Covid-19, opening the dividers between balconies of adjoining cabins had not been an issue.

 

NRayH

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ray in NH said:

Interesting question.  Prior to Covid-19, opening the dividers between balconies of adjoining cabins had not been an issue.

 

NRayH

I just wanted to make sure that the design of the riverboat allowed them to be opened.

 

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Enjoy your cruise.  Are you able to have the balcony dividers opened if traveling with friend in two adjoins cabins?

 

Thanks.

Yes, you can open the balcony divider if traveling with friends, you can sit with whomever you want ( even with people you just met ) at dinner, in the lounges , outside. No restrictions on that .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vslparis said:

Yes, you can open the balcony divider if traveling with friends, you can sit with whomever you want ( even with people you just met ) at dinner, in the lounges , outside. No restrictions on that .

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you sign up for the tours.  Can you sign up before boarding or is all the sign up after boarding?

Have a great time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MSEm said:

How do you sign up for the tours.  Can you sign up before boarding or is all the sign up after boarding?

Have a great time.

You can sign up ahead of time on line once they send you your e docs or you can sign up at the shore excursion meeting on board the first day. If would try to sign up ahead of time if possible to make sure that you are confirmed for what you want. I had no problem signing up on the first day though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vino100 said:

Thanks for all the info. We sail the Jazz in September. 
were you able to come and go once docked? 

You can come and go as you wish . For instance, today were were docked in downtown Baton Rouge. You could walk off the ship to visit the USS Kidd which was right next to us, take a tour or do you own thing. Just needed to be back on board by 5:30 pm. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 1:32 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Thanks for taking us along. We're booked on Jazz for the Music Cities cruise July 25. First time with ACL so any info/hints/pictures you can share are appreciated. 

Pictures of anything in particular ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, vino100 said:

Are you enjoying the ship? Cabins? 

Yes, very much so. Very nice public areas with comfortable chairs and couches, plenty of drawer space in the cabin, outlets in the lamps on the bedside table for charging ( would have liked a USB port too ) , good quality soft goods such as bedding and curtains( heavy enough to keep out morning light ) , decent sized bathroom and shower( would have liked maybe another drawer in the sink cabinet, but there are 4 small

ones there ) . Four of the decks have a small room about the size of a cabin or maybe a bit larger  near the elevators with chairs and tables for reading or playing cards. A few of the decks have a small outdoor area on the port side near the center atrium with several rocking chairs for watching the world go by or to read. Several rocking chairs also outside on the bow of the ship so you can watch were you are heading. Very easy to get around the ship and a very helpful staff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How does it work for dinner? Do you have a scheduled seating time or do lots of folks hover around the dining room entrance until it opens?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BillHana said:

How does it work for dinner? Do you have a scheduled seating time or do lots of folks hover around the dining room entrance until it opens?

The dining room opens from 5:30 until 7:30 pm . A few people hover around until it opens but not a lot from what I have seen. It is open seating ; no hostess, just walk in and find a table . Sit by yourselves, sit with others , it is up to you . Same for lunch if you eat in the dining room . The other open for lunch is the Back Porch outside seating on the back of there ship ) or you can eat at the lounge right inside from there .

 

D537A986-17C9-47F5-BF6C-B574C4E3BFAF.jpeg

96BFED9F-D9B8-4EB3-A052-A3823A189579.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vslparis said:

The dining room opens from 5:30 until 7:30 pm . A few people hover around until it opens but not a lot from what I have seen. It is open seating ; no hostess, just walk in and find a table . Sit by yourselves, sit with others , it is up to you . Same for lunch if you eat in the dining room . The other open for lunch is the Back Porch outside seating on the back of there ship ) or you can eat at the lounge right inside from there .

 

D537A986-17C9-47F5-BF6C-B574C4E3BFAF.jpeg

96BFED9F-D9B8-4EB3-A052-A3823A189579.jpeg

 

Thanks for the picture of the menu. Do you know if you can get an included adult beverage during lunch at the Back Porch or do you have to dine in the dining room? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

 

Thanks for the picture of the menu. Do you know if you can get an included adult beverage during lunch at the Back Porch or do you have to dine in the dining room? 

We tested that out today and yes, not only can you get beer or wine at the back porch, but you can get beer and wine up there are long as they are serving food. Not that you have to order food at the same time 😉.  It is like being on Viking; as long as you are sitting at a venue that is still serving lunch, you can order beer and wine .

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, vslparis said:

We tested that out today and yes, not only can you get beer or wine at the back porch, but you can get beer and wine up there are long as they are serving food. Not that you have to order food at the same time 😉.  It is like being on Viking; as long as you are sitting at a venue that is still serving lunch, you can order beer and wine .

 

Good to know and something we'll definitely check out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the rain has not had a significant impact on your cruise.  

What are the hours for the open bar for the pre dinner cocktail party?  Is it usually open during the evening entertainment?  I imagine it is not exactly the same for every cruise, but I just wanted to get an idea.  
 

When it is not open for no charge cocktails, can you purchase drinks?

 

Am I correct in my assumption that ACL allows passengers to bring bottles of liquor or wine on board?

 

What has been you favorite meal thus far?

 

Thanks

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...