Jump to content

Reduced passenger numbers?


Recommended Posts

I’m trying to find if NCL have issued any guidance on initially sailing with reduced passenger numbers? I’d love to sail on one of their newer ships with less people aboard but can’t see any announcements. For example I’m booked to sail on an around the UK cruise next month with MSC on a ship that can carry 6000 passengers but will sail with only 1000. I thought this year might be a good opportunity to enjoy ships with fewer numbers. Thanks for the help.

 

Denise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, lopar said:

I’m trying to find if NCL have issued any guidance on initially sailing with reduced passenger numbers? I’d love to sail on one of their newer ships with less people aboard but can’t see any announcements. For example I’m booked to sail on an around the UK cruise next month with MSC on a ship that can carry 6000 passengers but will sail with only 1000. I thought this year might be a good opportunity to enjoy ships with fewer numbers. Thanks for the help.

 

Denise

Hi Denise 🙂

 

The latest info was that they would start with 60% capacity then increase this by 20% every 30 days as long as things are safe enough to do so.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the vaccination herd immunity is increased substantially the head count can go upward.

Theoretically with everyone on board vaccinated a ship could sail at full capacity and

even perhaps be mask free - but then the distance spacing factor may still be in play on

safely spreading out all those guests. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 10:07 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

Hi Denise 🙂

 

The latest info was that they would start with 60% capacity then increase this by 20% every 30 days as long as things are safe enough to do so.

Thanks, that's really useful to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2021 at 11:09 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

As the vaccination herd immunity is increased substantially the head count can go upward.

Theoretically with everyone on board vaccinated a ship could sail at full capacity and

even perhaps be mask free - but then the distance spacing factor may still be in play on

safely spreading out all those guests. 

True, also I guess they may increase capacity at short notice if they think it's safe to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...