On 5/5/2021 at 7:36 PM, rkacruiser said:

As a 5 Star HAL Mariner Society member, I eared the Black/Diamond level on MSC.  MSC has extended the time when I need to embark another of their ships in order to remain at that status.  Thanks.  I appreciate that.  But, why not make whatever MSC status one has continuous for whatever duration of time?  This would permit those who are able to cruise less frequently than some of us to continue to build their loyalty status.

I think we have to cruise within 2 or 3 years to maintain it, yes?

Really after Black Diamond the pots don’t matter..you just have to sail and complete the sailing within the period

I do know folks got extensions for status and it seemed some got extended longer than others.

we are black Diamond and have had 3 sailings cancelled. Have 4 more on the books....

Fingers crossed it’s sooner than later

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

I cannot answer your question.  I don't know.  The extension of loyalty benefits in the past months for hotels, airlines, etc.:  confusing.  I am at the point where I really don't care.  If I want to book whatever and I have some miles/points/whatever that I can use, I'll do so.  If not, the Sun is still expected to rise tomorrow.  

Our first (and only) MSC cruise thus far ended on 1/12/2020.  My DH's Voyager's Club status expires 3/24/2023.  Mine, on the other hand, expires 12/01/2024.  I guess if we don't cruise before March 2023 (hoping that will not be the case!) at some point I'll have to contact customer service to get that straightened out.  That alone is enough of an impetus to make sure we cruise on MSC in 2022.

8 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Under normal times, a cruise had to be completed within 3 years to maintain your status...

1.5 Length of Membership MSC Voyagers Club Membership is subject to a minimum of one cruise every 3 years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years (36 months) or no cruise has been completed in 3 years after the enrollment date, membership to the MSC Voyagers Club program will expire.

...but MSC did the following....

MSC VOYAGERS CLUB MEMBERSHIP EXTENDED

One extra year of privilege and benefits! During these difficult times and the unfortunate events the world is experiencing, we want to show our Voyagers Club members our appreciation. We feel honored you want to travel the world with so we're extending memberships. 

For this reason, your Voyagers Club memberships will be extended, with the same current point balance and status:

• If the card expire date is set to expire between January 1 and December 31, 2020: the validity will be automatically extended to December 31, 2021;
• If the card expire date is set to expire after January 1, 2021: the validity will be automatically extended to one extra year.

In my case, my status was extended for 1 year but when booking, the system won't let me add a VC number if the date is beyond the 3 year period. If (for ex.) I try to book a Nov. 2022 cruise, the system won't give me any VC discount even though my status is still valid through 2022. I would have to call and get discounts applied.  

On 5/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Thanks. I think I understand. They gave me GOLD and the $50 OBC which I thought I would get. I did not. You indicated you both got the $50 OBC?

Well I sent my TA our GOLD information. I would have thought MSC would have automatically added all the perks at the time of booking. They did not. So my TA called them back and gave them the information. Here are the results. I got 5% and 10% off for me any my wife. So the cruise cost dropped. Here is what is on the invoice from my TA. Receiving $50 OBC pp from Voyager Club membership and an additional $50 OBC pp for being a gold member and double points. So, $200.00 OBC Hope it is all correct. So, Yup, we are happy cruisers, thanks to the information I received from all on Cruise Critic.