Past guest offer

dbrown84

I just noticed that the current past guest offer is for 2 bonus points per night for all 3+ day cruises.  I have a 11 day cruise booked for December and was able to re-book so now I'll get 33 latitudes points.  If you have something booked and it's outside of final payment, it's worth checking out to see if you can re-book without a price increase (and without losing any perks you currently have) to get triple points

2 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

I just noticed that the current past guest offer is for 2 bonus points per night for all 3+ day cruises.  I have a 11 day cruise booked for December and was able to re-book so now I'll get 33 latitudes points.  If you have something booked and it's outside of final payment, it's worth checking out to see if you can re-book without a price increase (and without losing any perks you currently have) to get triple points

I just checked my account, and I'm 30 points away from platinum.  I was already looking forward to this cruise because it's been too long and the cruise covers Christmas and New Years.  I just made gold on my last cruise so it will end up taking just one cruise to go from gold to platinum 

Spoiler alert - - -

Read the f-i-n-e p-r-i-n-t - - -

I believe the total points will be -22- 

1 point for the booking (each day/night of the cruise) = 11

1 bonus point for the promo booking = 11

Total = 22

Since circa 2017 NCL has tightened up on the multiple points awards

BUT then NCL could be desperate for bookings on sailings that are not doing well

and to promote them adding points to the booking game - lucky you if this is the case.

Note if booking a Suite or Haven you get 1 additional point per day/night of the cruise.

Also the points - you can only apply them after the cruises earning the points not before.

2 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Spoiler alert - - -

Read the f-i-n-e p-r-i-n-t - - -

I believe the total points will be -22- 

1 point for the booking (each day/night of the cruise) = 11

1 bonus point for the promo booking = 11

Total = 22

Since circa 2017 NCL has tightened up on the multiple points awards

BUT then NCL could be desperate for bookings on sailings that are not doing well

and to promote them adding points to the booking game - lucky you if this is the case.

Note if booking a Suite or Haven you get 1 additional point per day/night of the cruise.

Also the points - you can only apply them after the cruises earning the points not before.

it's actually 2 bonus points, so 11 for booking, and 22 for bonus for a total of 33.  so maybe you want to read the f-i-n-e-p-r-i-n-t---

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

it's actually 2 bonus points, so 11 for booking, and 22 for bonus for a total of 33.  so maybe you want to read the f-i-n-e-p-r-i-n-t---

@dbrown84 Would you mind telling me the promo code that shows up on your confirmation for this.  I booked a cruise yesterday and mine has a code of LATDBLX on it for the promo. And when I booked it, I thought the promo was just double point (i.e 2 points per day).  But as you state it now looks like 3 per day.  If you have a different code, I’ll call to have mine changed. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I did not have the opportunity to read the details of the cruise booking you are booked on !

May I ask for the website booking reference ?

MeHeartCruising - just posted about this now - - - - - 

I have been at odds with NCL about points awarding on cruises - lesson learned about the

f-i-n-e p-r-i-n-t and the way the promo is presented.

Just now, MeHeartCruising said:

@dbrown84 Would you mind telling me the promo code that shows up on your confirmation for this.  I booked a cruise yesterday and mine has a code of LATDBLX on it for the promo. And when I booked it, I thought the promo was just double point (i.e 2 points per day).  But as you state it now looks like 3 per day.  If you have a different code, I’ll call to have mine changed. 

that is it.  So, it's double points, plus the one point you already get for sailing. 

From a mock booking:

image.png.13e039f8dd04c00d4447da18f70c1237.png

4 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

I did not have the opportunity to read the details of the cruise booking you are booked on !

May I ask for the website booking reference ?

MeHeartCruising - just posted about this now - - - - - 

I have been at odds with NCL about points awarding on cruises - lesson learned about the

f-i-n-e p-r-i-n-t and the way the promo is presented.

it's on the NCL website.  You can see if offer under cruise deals, past guest offers.  To actually see it on a mock booking, you need to be logged in so the site knows you're eligible for the past guest offer

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

that is it.  So, it's double points, plus the one point you already get for sailing. 

From a mock booking:

image.png.13e039f8dd04c00d4447da18f70c1237.png

I’ll be thrilled if they give me 3 per day.  But what you highlighted above could also be interpreted as “you are a great customer so on top of your EXISTING points already in your account, you will receive 2 additional latitudes points per night on this sailing.”

Cheesy, but it might be a ploy.  

• Like 1

Just now, MeHeartCruising said:

I’ll be thrilled if they give me 3 per day.  But what you highlighted above could also be interpreted as “you are a great customer so on top of your EXISTING points already in your account, you will receive 2 additional latitudes points per night on this sailing.”

Cheesy, but it might be a ploy.  

this is the way they always word the past guest perk.  the "because you're a latitudes member" means "past guest".  The perk itself is listed on the past guest section under cruise deals

Just now, HowardK said:

I looked at it and put a hold in Alasaka and was thrilled until it was a $125 deposit. No thanks. Deposits should be like $25 , $50 max.

I'm actually surprised that it was only $125 deposit.  It's been awhile since I've seen less than normal ($250) deposit.  

Thank You for the highlighted offer - Explains a lot.

After the cruise make sure the points are applied correctly - been there ??? and not !

Very disappointing when things are not as expected. 

YES - PAST GUEST and LATITUDES - meaning the same thing -

Although you can have a latitudes account without having a past guest sailing

simply by registering.

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

I also noticed that.  If it can be done just be adding/changing a promocode to the booking, that'll be a lot easier than re-booking it.   Did they tell you it had to be re-booked, and then get a new booking number?

7 minutes ago, Middleager said:

I also noticed that.  If it can be done just be adding/changing a promocode to the booking, that'll be a lot easier than re-booking it.   Did they tell you it had to be re-booked, and then get a new booking number?

honestly, they starting re-booking and I didn't question it.  I didn't think it was possible to simply add a promo code to a booking.  I thought it always required a re-booking to get current promo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dbrown84 said:

honestly, they starting re-booking and I didn't question it.  I didn't think it was possible to simply add a promo code to a booking.  I thought it always required a re-booking to get current promo.

Was it NCL or a TA?
I emailed my TA and asked her to contact NCL to make sure I get this too.  It's still the same prices/conditions other than this increased night credit, so hopefully it's not too much work.

6 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Was it NCL or a TA?
I emailed my TA and asked her to contact NCL to make sure I get this too.  It's still the same prices/conditions other than this increased night credit, so hopefully it's not too much work.

direct with NCL.  Since everything else is the same, it won't be too much work.  They do this all the time, especially when prices go down

• Like 1

i hate to be a poil sport, but put this in perspective

the bump from gold to platinum is nice for the extra goodies.we fortunately are platinum +. we have 196 points, and have booked an 11 day cruise this oct (with the hopes they dont cancel again) and a 14 day trans atlantic nov 2022.   we are in a suite both times, this may even give me 4 points per night.

my point (forgive the pun) is if i get 33 or 44 points for the oct cruise and 42 0r 56 points for next nov. at the minimum i will get 75 points for a total of 271 latitude points.. this still puts me 429 away from ambassador.  im 73 and if i take 2 haven 14 day cruises per year,  that's 56 points per year which means it will take me about another 7 years.

my point being, is unless you jump up from gold to platinum, it aint no big deal, and nothing major to write home about

For me, I am Bronze with 4 cruises booked over 2021/2022 so the sooner I can get to Platinum the better.  I am also relatively young at 58 so I may get to Ambassador before my time is up, particularly if I only book Insider Offers

My son is 22 and has a 7 day cruise booked for October, with the double Latitude points he will just bump up to Silver so he has a long way to go yet.

3 hours ago, complawyer said:

i hate to be a poil sport, but put this in perspective

the bump from gold to platinum is nice for the extra goodies.we fortunately are platinum +. we have 196 points, and have booked an 11 day cruise this oct (with the hopes they dont cancel again) and a 14 day trans atlantic nov 2022.   we are in a suite both times, this may even give me 4 points per night.

my point (forgive the pun) is if i get 33 or 44 points for the oct cruise and 42 0r 56 points for next nov. at the minimum i will get 75 points for a total of 271 latitude points.. this still puts me 429 away from ambassador.  im 73 and if i take 2 haven 14 day cruises per year,  that's 56 points per year which means it will take me about another 7 years.

my point being, is unless you jump up from gold to platinum, it aint no big deal, and nothing major to write home about

It possibly means a big deal for people that don’t book the Haven or suites 

They can board quickly and take advantages of some services only associated with the Haven

• Like 2

Yes once you reach Platinum there is no hurry to get to Ambassador*** -

*** Ambassador 700 latitude points -or- 100 7 night cruises

Or take up residency on a ship for about 2 years.

With this covid virus thing - "Cruises Interuptus" has put a dent into trying to achieve that

level in one's lifetime - of course you could accelerate that by booking the Insider Past Guest

offers and being in a Suite Haven stateroom - living on a ship for a year.

Then there is Platinum + adding a trinket here and there and a bottle of lame duck champagne.

Free Laundry to clean up your act is nice too.

About that Priority thing - what is Priority when everyone on board has some degree of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Middleager said:

They don't "re-book" in these situations.  Re-booking would result in cancelling the previous reservation and creating a new one.  Instead, they "re-price" the existing reservation.  However, when you re-price, the reservation will be modified to include the CURRENT promotions and pricing in all aspects. 

So you want to be certain that you aren't going to end up losing a previous promotional perk and/or the price of the cruise hasn't changed.  So, asking them to add the promo code for the added Latitudes perks may or may not affect other things. 

If you know the current underlying cruise pricing and other promo perks (i.e. Free at Sea offers) are the same as your current booking, then go ahead and just ask them to add the additional promo.  They will "re-price" the booking and you'll have all the promos.  The reservation number will not change.

In my case, I have 2 cruises in October that I am paying a lower fare for than is now currently offered.  So I won't call to add the bonus points promo to the bookings because they would reprise it to today's pricing, which means I'd be paying more money to get those extra Latitudes points.  I don't want to do that.

• Like 1

@MeHeartCruising Thanks for the explanation.  I just booked my Jan/2022 Panama b2b cruises and I see nothing else changed.  So hopefully the TA can just re-price my bookings and get this promo of 2 additional nights.

This has all the additional perks my last booking had (the air, plus 5 free, plus 30% gimmick), so for me it is a win of extra points.  Priced it out and it is exactly the same cost, so I will have my TA rebook for me (or whatever magic they do to make it happen).

48 minutes ago, Middleager said:

@MeHeartCruising Thanks for the explanation.  I just booked my Jan/2022 Panama b2b cruises and I see nothing else changed.  So hopefully the TA can just re-price my bookings and get this promo of 2 additional nights.

I should add, that I always do my bookings either directly with NCL or via their website.  So I always call NCL directly for these type of reprices.  I do not know if travel agents can do the same thing.  They may have to cancel/rebook for all I know.  But it's worth asking them.

Also, be aware that repricing can also be done when there is a price reduction or a promotion change.  If I like the current pricing and/or promotion combinations better than what I currently have on my reservation, I call them and ask them reprice my booking to the current pricing/promos.  No new reservation number is generated.  Of course, these type of changes can only be done up until final payments are due for the booking.  After that, NCL does not have to do any repricing.  I have repriced my 2 October cruises about 3 times since I initially purchased it.  And that included upgrading myself from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin when the price became attractive to me.  All done on the same reservation.

• Like 1