Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

2 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

I am booked for January and am Elite, no where on the App is DMW and I do not see an update available.  Anyone having the same issue?

Two places:

1) In the OceanReady section banner, there is an icon that represents a dinner plate and cutlery.  You can tap on that.

2) In the OceanNow section, DineMyWay is explicitly labeled in writing and you can tap on that.

If you are not seeing either of these, you have to be running an older version of the App, so delete it out and re-install.

35 minutes ago, cruise2relax said:

Thanks - you were right.  I am so used to apps updating themselves I did not realize that I had to do it by uninstalling and reinstalling.  Thank you!!!!

I updated today and didn't uninstall. Worked fine and I am now Green Lane all the way. Only thing not checked is the arrival and departure times as those aren't yet available. Of course I haven't fiddled with DMW... We've been doing ATD for our last few cruises. Perhaps I'll ask my wife if she'd like a set time for dining. (I haven't put the app on her phone yet so I'm doing it all on mine. I won't bother putting it on hers until we are actually going to sail so she can use it onboard.)

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I updated today and didn't uninstall. Worked fine and I am now Green Lane all the way. Only thing not checked is the arrival and departure times as those aren't yet available. Of course I haven't fiddled with DMW... We've been doing ATD for our last few cruises. Perhaps I'll ask my wife if she'd like a set time for dining. (I haven't put the app on her phone yet so I'm doing it all on mine. I won't bother putting it on hers until we are actually going to sail so she can use it onboard.)

How do you get to Green - completing all five steps ? Do you have to have ordered Medallion ? How about Health Status - there are items that can only be completed close to sail date etc. The only thing I have not done in Personal Info is add credit card info.

Regarding your wife's phone would you have separate accounts or just load the App so she can use it via your account ? I ask because I had resisted adding an account for DW and things got worse when I added one. Now her login does not work though she can login via Booking number. I figure the extra account is just one more thing to go wrong and so have not pursued her account problem. 

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

How do you get to Green - completing all five steps ? Do you have to have ordered Medallion ? How about Health Status - there are items that can only be completed close to sail date etc. The only thing I have not done in Personal Info is add credit card info.

Regarding your wife's phone would you have separate accounts or just load the App so she can use it via your account ? I ask because I had resisted adding an account for DW and things got worse when I added one. Now her login does not work though she can login via Booking number. I figure the extra account is just one more thing to go wrong and so have not pursued her account problem. 

I simply checked the boxes saying I had not traveled in the last 14 days or whatever it is. I will have to do those things again when it's closer but it lets me do so now. My wife has always had an account on the Princess web site. I logged her into the app on my phone as well. She will want to be able to order a Latte or whatever and have it delivered to her at the Knitters and Natters meetings. She will want to have her afternoon beer delivered to her at the aft pool rather than going to the bar or waiting for someone to come around asking about drinks. We never carried our phones on the ship in the past but I have done so on our last few cruises as I use the Patter on the phone and keep a list of the things we plan to do so I can tell what time they are, etc.

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Fishboy1947 said:

No, I just added the other 15 people as travel companions. Did not have any problems.

If you add someone as a travel companion, do you have to dine with them for every meal, or can you select just some members of the group for one meal?

On 7/25/2021 at 5:39 AM, Steelers36 said:

Top price is $29 - e.g. @ Crown Grill - so a $4 savings per person.  

As per this  page, there's also Chef's Table or Chef's Table Lumiere, which can be as much as $115, and the Wine Maker's Dinner, which is $40 per person. Apparently, you can only make these reservations onboard.

6 hours ago, barrykel said:

If you add someone as a travel companion, do you have to dine with them for every meal, or can you select just some members of the group for one meal?

No, you can concoct a dining party from any of your listed travel companions.  You can make individual evening res, so yes, you can do what you asked.

6 hours ago, barrykel said:

As per this  page, there's also Chef's Table or Chef's Table Lumiere, which can be as much as $115, and the Wine Maker's Dinner, which is $40 per person. Apparently, you can only make these reservations onboard.

Yes, Chef's Table on Royal Class is higher price than on Grand/Crown Class, etc.  I think $95 on the medium-size ships.  And yes, you can only request Chef's Table and WM Dinner on board and it is not an automatic booking like a specialty restaurant.  You need wait to hear back with an invitation.

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

No, you can concoct a dining party from any of your listed travel companions.  You can make individual evening res, so yes, you can do what you asked.

Yes, Chef's Table on Royal Class is higher price than on Grand/Crown Class, etc.  I think $95 on the medium-size ships.  And yes, you can only request Chef's Table and WM Dinner on board and it is not an automatic booking like a specialty restaurant.  You need wait to hear back with an invitation.

Royal Class = $115 with wine, $100 without

Other ships = $95 with wine, $80 without

5 minutes ago, generichandle said:

With 'Dine My Way' I see I can order food and have it delivered to my room or elsewhere on the ship. 

My question is: Can you order food from the MDR menu specifically and have it delivered elsewhere?

That was not possible before.  You couldn't even take a doggy bag out (well, some people did manage that.)  My guess is that it's not possible now.

2 hours ago, generichandle said:

With 'Dine My Way' I see I can order food and have it delivered to my room or elsewhere on the ship. 

My question is: Can you order food from the MDR menu specifically and have it delivered elsewhere?

Yes you can order some food & drink in the medallion class app in the ocean now section. Not all DR menu items will be available. 

https://www.princess.com/cruise-tips-vacation-ideas/video/onboard-experience/oceannow.html 

9 hours ago, generichandle said:

So I can really only order 'junk food' for delivery via DMW?

Who knows.  Maybe you can place an order of items from the buffet and have a crew member go get them for you and deliver them to your room.  Maybe you can tell a crew member to bring up a complete dinner from the MDR.  I think more likely you will have a choice of specific things you can order for a crew member to bring to you.

Has anyone on this current sailing ordered a meal from the MDR and had it delivered?

My actual reason for the question is because we never go to 'Formal Night' at MDR, for various reasons. It means we must miss some of the best dishes. Was hoping Princess had finally decided to allow those of us who don't to still get that menu. 

If all you can get is 'junk food' the DMW option looks a lot less attractive. 

3 hours ago, generichandle said:

My actual reason for the question is because we never go to 'Formal Night' at MDR, for various reasons. It means we must miss some of the best dishes. Was hoping Princess had finally decided to allow those of us who don't to still get that menu. 

You don't have to dress formal to go to the DR and enjoy a meal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, generichandle said:

From what I have read on this site there will be other options other than 'junk food' available in the Ocean Now section of the medallion class app. I think there will be some 'dinners' available. Fairly certain in one of the pod casts it was mentioned that the entire DR menu would not be available. Full suite passengers can order room service from the entire DR menu.

There is a long live from the Majestic July 25th sailing and another live being started for the August 1st sailing. Somewhere in the July 25th thread is a posting about ordering from Ocean Now. You might want to ask in the August 1st live what is actually available. Just a note this is not part of the DMW portion of the medallion class app. DMW is for reservations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, generichandle said:

Was hoping Princess had finally decided to allow those of us who don't to still get that menu. 

I don't know if it was a one off, but once on the Coral, the lobster tails from the previous MDR menu showed up on the buffet the next day.  Anyway, I think there are choices between lobster and hot dogs on the Ocean app.

DW and myself likes the early traditional dinning.  When I went on Dine Your Way on the app, I liked you can pick your time and dinning room of your choice.  We picked our time and dinning room, but it only showed a table for two, we prefer a table for four or more.  I'm was surprised we could confirm our choices, but when I went back to review our reservation, it changed our dining room from the Di Venice to the Michelangelo.  Tired it again and it did the same.  It doesn't matter to us on what dinning room we eat at, but I thought that why show a dinning room you choose and it is confirmed,  but you cannot eat at, plus we cannot get the table we want.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:30 AM, Steelers36 said:

You don't have to dress formal to go to the DR and enjoy a meal.

Dressing up for formal nights in the DR on Princess has changed many years ago. Just a pair of slacks & decent shirt is now considered sufficient. 

On 7/30/2021 at 1:30 PM, Kay S said:

That was not possible before.  You couldn't even take a doggy bag out (well, some people did manage that.)  My guess is that it's not possible now.

I wonder if they'll deliver a dessert only offered in the DR to my room so I can carry it to the buffet.

10 minutes ago, 555 said:

I wonder if they'll deliver a dessert only offered in the DR to my room so I can carry it to the buffet.

You may be able to carry a dessert into the buffet area. In the past you could easily pick up slices of pizza or a burger and join others at a table in the buffet area. From what I have read select, not all, DR menu options will be available in Ocean Now.

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Would love some insight from those of you  with the latest info..... thanks in advance!

Sailing November 6th, paid in full, platinum.

Cannot book specialty dining on app. (iphone, with all updates in place)

That's a solo voyage, so interesting (not in a good way) that DMW not working.

What about your B2B2B on Ruby in April 2022?  (Or, was that covered already elsewhere??)