Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

DineMyWay Update

I have reported my issue with DMW for our B2B2B.  It persisted after new release 3.0.93251 came out around July 24 and contained a reference to fixing DMW access for multiple linked voyages.  But not for me.

Just today, I was in the MC App earlier and a nice surprise was I had access once more to DMW for our B2B2B.  (I also re-checked our other booking - a single 14-day voyage - and it was still okay and working - never had an issue with it).

So, I first went in to review res for our B2B2B.  Nothing there - it had been cleaned out.  Not unexpected as the pre-existing was no good anyway.

I attempted to make a set res for entire voyage.  We are cruising with friends, so I set dining party to all 4 of us.  Then, was presented with Concerto 4-top at 5:00pm as a default.  Scrolled down the times to 6:00pm.  After that, still showing Concerto at a 4-top.  Perfect.  (BTW, no other DR choices showed). 

Did the confirm.  Went back in to Review dining choices and PROBLEM!!!

We were at a 2-top for first 7-nights (first B of the B2B2B).  So, how do they expect to fit 4 people at a 2-top???  For the next 7 nights (the middle "B"), we were listed at a 4-top and still Concerto.  Finally, the last 11 nights (the third "B"), DMW had as all back at a 2-top.  

Clearly a problem.

I re-tried (and got the warning I would lose what I had), and looked the same and got same results.

I tried going into an individual night to make a single booking where we were at a 2-top and I got same thing.  Another 2-top.  Clearly a bug.

Called Medallion help line and got a rep and asked to speak with a Navigator.  She asked my booking info and then she was into my MC App profile.  That was a first as I was used to the front-line reps not being able to get into the App and only the Level 2 navigator reps getting in. 

She didn't see the problem at first, but I believe I was able to convince her the problem and I asked her to pass the bug/issue along to the tech team.  We chatted a bit more and I said the App was getting much better and we were all Green and dining good on our 4th (separate) voyage.  Only issue is the dining on the B2B2B.  She had nothing for me in terms of info on a general timing in advance of a cruise date as to when Arrival Groups should open.  Didn't expect an answer but asked anyway.

So, still seems to be bug issues with multiple, linked voyages.  At least for me. 

Also, only saw one of the three DR's.  (IN the beginning when DMW first came out, I could see two DR"s).

Edited by Steelers36

22 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

has anyone else recently got access into DMW for multiple voyages and had the app assign you to a table size SMALLER than your dining party size?

No. I was able to request a table for 4 and was assigned a table for 4 for B2B cruises in November. But I did have to do each reservation individually for each of the 14 nights. The DMW system wouldn’t let me use the reserve the same time feature. I was however able to reserve the same dining room and time for each night and when I got into the app it shows we have a table for 4. This is for 2 couples with linked reservations. Sorry you are having such difficulty.

Edited by KLM3164

48 minutes ago, KLM3164 said:

No. I was able to request a table for 4 and was assigned a table for 4 for B2B cruises in November. But I did have to do each reservation individually for each of the 14 nights. The DMW system wouldn’t let me use the reserve the same time feature. I was however able to reserve the same dining room and time for each night and when I got into the app it shows we have a table for 4. This is for 2 couples with linked reservations. Sorry you are having such difficulty.

Thanks for the detailed reply.  I understand what you did very clearly.  I did more or less duplicate what you did because I did take one of the nights and try to make an additional res and it still made it a table for 2.  I deleted a res for one of the nights to have nothing there.  Went back in to set something for that one night and again ended up with a table for 2.  Yes, we are two couples and linked.  At least I PRESUME we are still linked.  I have them added as Travel Companions in the MC App fine.  We were linked in the POLAR system last time I checked.  Perhaps I should check again.

But, as I mentioned, we were assigned a 4-top for some of the days - the middle 7 nights of the B2B2B.

Not cruising until 2022 so no urgency with this problem but thought i would inquire to the collective brains in this forum.

I have Ultimate Balcony Dining reserved and paid for which was done on the personalizer some time ago. It does show up in my Travel Itinerary on the website but not in the Medallion app. There is no Ultimate Balcony Dinner option listed under specialty dining in the app nor is it available in the personalizer anymore.

Has anyone been able to book Ultimate Balcony Dinner or Breakfast lately?

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

DineMyWay Update

I have reported my issue with DMW for our B2B2B.  It persisted after new release 3.0.93251 came out around July 24 and contained a reference to fixing DMW access for multiple linked voyages.  But not for me.

Just today, I was in the MC App earlier and a nice surprise was I had access once more to DMW for our B2B2B.  (I also re-checked our other booking - a single 14-day voyage - and it was still okay and working - never had an issue with it).

So, I first went in to review res for our B2B2B.  Nothing there - it had been cleaned out.  Not unexpected as the pre-existing was no good anyway.

I attempted to make a set res for entire voyage.  We are cruising with friends, so I set dining party to all 4 of us.  Then, was presented with Concerto 4-top at 5:00pm as a default.  Scrolled down the times to 6:00pm.  After that, still showing Concerto at a 4-top.  Perfect.  (BTW, no other DR choices showed). 

Did the confirm.  Went back in to Review dining choices and PROBLEM!!!

We were at a 2-top for first 7-nights (first B of the B2B2B).  So, how do they expect to fit 4 people at a 2-top???  For the next 7 nights (the middle "B"), we were listed at a 4-top and still Concerto.  Finally, the last 11 nights (the third "B"), DMW had as all back at a 2-top.  

Clearly a problem.

I re-tried (and got the warning I would lose what I had), and looked the same and got same results.

I tried going into an individual night to make a single booking where we were at a 2-top and I got same thing.  Another 2-top.  Clearly a bug.

Called Medallion help line and got a rep and asked to speak with a Navigator.  She asked my booking info and then she was into my MC App profile.  That was a first as I was used to the front-line reps not being able to get into the App and only the Level 2 navigator reps getting in. 

She didn't see the problem at first, but I believe I was able to convince her the problem and I asked her to pass the bug/issue along to the tech team.  We chatted a bit more and I said the App was getting much better and we were all Green and dining good on our 4th (separate) voyage.  Only issue is the dining on the B2B2B.  She had nothing for me in terms of info on a general timing in advance of a cruise date as to when Arrival Groups should open.  Didn't expect an answer but asked anyway.

So, still seems to be bug issues with multiple, linked voyages.  At least for me. 

Also, only saw one of the three DR's.  (IN the beginning when DMW first came out, I could see two DR"s).

I still have the same issue when trying to reserve the same table for our 56 day B2B2B2B in Sep 2022.

Screenshot_20210804-113055.png

Edited by clueless2