Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

2 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just saw this on a cruise for next year that I was looking at...seems it is coming for future bookings....note the Dining Option.

image.thumb.png.b0cf7bdd22f7a33e3283a0536dbfdd7e.png

On my Personalizer,  all my 2022 cruises booked, I had chosen early traditional dining, they are now listing “Coming soon. Use the Medallion App to select dining options “.

4 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just saw this on a cruise for next year that I was looking at...seems it is coming for future bookings....note the Dining Option.

That answers my question about Sep 2021 cruise, stll shows standard options.

4 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

That answers my question about Sep 2021 cruise, stlll shows standard options.

3 hours ago, phabric said:

On my Personalizer,  all my 2022 cruises booked, I had chosen early traditional dining, they are now listing “Coming soon. Use the Medallion App to select dining options “.

I just checked into our Feb. 22 cruise and the site just changed from yesterday (6/1)  It now says to download the app and fill in the info there.  I didn't look everywhere yet on the app, but dining didn't jump out at me.  I suspect it's in there.. I just haven't gotten far enough.

2 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

I just checked into our Feb. 22 cruise and the site just changed from yesterday (6/1)  It now says to download the app and fill in the info there.  I didn't look everywhere yet on the app, but dining didn't jump out at me.  I suspect it's in there.. I just haven't gotten far enough.

I went on Medallion app for my May 2022 cruise.  Under Food, Drink, I clicked, it said must be on the ship.

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

I went on Medallion app for my May 2022 cruise.  Under Food, Drink, I clicked, it said must be on the ship.

Yeah, I did that for drinks and that's what mine said.  So I wonder if one has to wait until they're on the ship to book dining.  I found it odd about drinks, but that must just be to order a drink and not a drink package.  I was wondering if just the coffee package (old coffee card) was still available.  It doesn't show on the web page.  It's only available with a soda AND coffee package.

52 minutes ago, Redwing55 said:

I was wondering if just the coffee package (old coffee card) was still available.  It doesn't show on the web page.  It's only available with a soda AND coffee package.

Our upcoming cruise will be our 1st as elite. I was planning to exchange the mini bar set up for 2 coffee pkgs. I wonder if that exchange is still available. I was really looking forward to it. 

Our first cruise is in October 2021 and our early dining choice is no longer shown on the Cruise Personalizer.

Going to the app we’re for the first 3 of 5 sections with the Arrival & Departure Groups and Health Status being too early to complete. It’s also too soon to make our Dine My Way selections & get this when attempting to complete it.

73072C74-6AE3-4D89-8E98-35158160435C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Our first cruise is in October 2021 and our early dining choice is no longer shown on the Cruise Personalizer.

Going to the app we’re for the first 3 of 5 sections with the Arrival & Departure Groups and Health Status being too early to complete. It’s also too soon to make our Dine My Way selections & get this when attempting to complete it.

73072C74-6AE3-4D89-8E98-35158160435C.jpeg

It says that the dining choices can’t be made until final payment is complete. So, no planning too far ahead, I guess. 

• Thanks 2

I just updated my MedallionClass app on my iPhone this morninng and the update seems to have brought new features including the ability to reserve dining.  It wasn't there yesterday prior to the update and we did make our final payment on our August Alaska cruise on Tuesday.  You can select dining from the place that's been there (towards the bottom) or select the dining icon at the very top of the screen, next to the itinerary icon.  Very easy!

• Like 1

We had dining setup for a 4-top with our friends on same voyages.  Now dining info is stripped from Cruise Personalizer and I do not have it yet on the Medallion app.

Also, I have had for at least two weeks now that Compass is Unavailable and "all hands on tech" working on it.  IDK if it is a systemic issue, or whether it is something they have to work through for all voyages and ours is almost 500 days away, so no hurry on their part. 

Who can Setup their Personal Info & Documents as part of the BLUE LANE registration?  I have 1/4 (for default free Medallion order).  I have added, deleted and re-added credit card and MedallionPay is not green.  I did have all these functional and complete a while back when Princess sync'd the app and website and I had setup up common password.

I am thinking I should be able to get back to 3/4 Blue Lane (I realize no arrival/departure groups as yet).

IDK when we can re-establish the dining or if Princess has it hidden somewhere (Early TD 4-top with res cross-references).  Going to call and ask.  Should be interesting.

38 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Who can Setup their Personal Info & Documents as part of the BLUE LANE registration?  I have 1/4 (for default free Medallion order). 

My first 3 of 5 steps are complete with Arrival & Departure Groups and Health Status still to be completed. Apparently it must be completed closer to departure & will continue to occasionally check for our Fall 2021 cruise.

30109C2A-6246-4F70-BEC9-E8B993FE2F06.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

My first 3 of 5 steps are complete with Arrival & Departure Groups and Health Status still to be completed. Apparently it must be completed closer to departure & will continue to occasionally check for our Fall 2021 cruise.

Thanks for posting.  I see you are sailing about a year ahead of us.  I was thinking because (a) the Personalizer is setup right after booking, and (b) because I had 1-3 setup in MedallionClass not that long ago, that all would be good.  Guess I will just have to wait and monitor Princess IT pace of progress.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Before they changed to new Medallion App, if you had 2 or 3/4 passengers on the same booking you were able to fill in all the personal information for everyone.

I have a cabin for my daughter, son in law and 2 yr granddaughter.  Daughter and son in law will each be able to download the Medallion App on their phone and fill in their personal information.

Where do they fill in the information for their daughter?

Edited by phabric

4 minutes ago, phabric said:

Before they changed to new Medallion App, if you had 2 or 3/4 passengers on the same booking you were able to fill in all the personal information for everyone.

I have a cabin for my daughter, son in law and 2 yr granddaughter.  Daughter and son in law will each be able to download the Medallion App on their phone and fill in their personal information.

Where do they fill in the information for their daughter?

I would say parents create an account for her and setup the data.  I should think the personal info can be setup in the Personalizer to the extent they have input screens now. 

Back to the app.  I did see an add child option in MedallionClass.  Can't find it now .. grrr.

16 hours ago, 1965 said:

Our upcoming cruise will be our 1st as elite. I was planning to exchange the mini bar set up for 2 coffee pkgs. I wonder if that exchange is still available. I was really looking forward to it. 

I'm sure you will still be able to do this.  Btw, with the Princess Plus option no need to purchase the coffee package...

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

What type of phone do you have?  My iPhone shows blue lane and only a check mark for Medallion even though the items within each item are green.  This is for an August 8th cruise.

Here are a couple of slides from today's John Chernesky webinar.  Should be self explanatory but it sounds like more should be working come June 7th.

image.png.b4686212356aafecf43a0fb8bf218124.png

image.png.538d310dc7a31223f2b9ca30cb4f5da0.png

image.png.a2bce99a5156a5668a71163def0cc4af.png

Interesting that after June 7th guests in any of the above categories should be able to access the dining feature.

image.png.9fd880eb8683a61b40ceba3a1df0406e.png

According to the Webinar today, the dining section will be open for bookings on June 7.  Elite, platinum, suites and Club class can book before final payment.   You will also be able to reserve speciality dining thru the app.   
Should be interesting.

45 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Here are a couple of slides from today's John Chernesky webinar.  Should be self explanatory but it sounds like more should be working come June 7th.

image.png.a2bce99a5156a5668a71163def0cc4af.png

Interesting that after June 7th guests in any of the above categories should be able to access the dining feature.

Nice to have this new Elite benefit.

Edited by Steelers36

53 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

According to the Webinar today, the dining section will be open for bookings on June 7.  Elite, platinum, suites and Club class can book before final payment.   You will also be able to reserve speciality dining thru the app.   
Should be interesting.

Just curious if anyone might have asked this question...

We are platinum and sailing with DD and family in a separate cabin and they are not platinum. (Our reservations are linked.) I am wondering if I will be able to book them along with us when it is available? Also, both cabins were already booked to traditional before this all started. It seems like that is what the 2nd bullet is indicating? 

7 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Just curious if anyone might have asked this question...

We are platinum and sailing with DD and family in a separate cabin and they are not platinum. (Our reservations are linked.) I am wondering if I will be able to book them along with us when it is available? Also, both cabins were already booked to traditional before this all started. It seems like that is what the 2nd bullet is indicating? 

This question came up during the webinar on the "side scroll" (questions asked by participants) but I did not hear it answered.  Did anyone catch an answer to this question???

13 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

This question came up during the webinar on the "side scroll" (questions asked by participants) but I did not hear it answered.  Did anyone catch an answer to this question???

I do not think he answered specifically, but the slide he presented shows you can make reservations for others, including those you meet on board.   If you access the webinar it is shown around 55:30 mark.