There is still hope

I have been tracking the Oasis for a few days now.  It has been in  CoCoCay for some time.  Today it is on its way to Miami.  We are booked for a B3B on it July 13.  
hopefully it will be meeting  with the other ships, getting the crew vaccinated and then up to Bayonne.  My fingers are crossed.  We are avid cruises and had 14 cruises cancelled already.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, maria1122 said:

We are avid cruises and had 14 cruises cancelled already.

It will likely be 17 by the end of next week.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, maria1122 said:

I have been tracking the Oasis for a few days now.  It has been in  CoCoCay for some time.  Today it is on its way to Miami.  We are booked for a B3B on it July 13.  
hopefully it will be meeting  with the other ships, getting the crew vaccinated and then up to Bayonne.  My fingers are crossed.  We are avid cruises and had 14 cruises cancelled already.

Woohoo I'm tracking Allure, same here but she's still floating out around Nassau.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, maria1122 said:

Your a party pooper🥺

No, he is giving you a headsup on what is going to happen so you can NOW adjust your plans accordingly.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, maria1122 said:

Your a party pooper🥺

I don't think it's being a party pooper, it's being realistic.  I'm hoping to get the email this week or next letting me know my July 3 is canceled, because I don't think they will be sailing by then.  And when they can finally start, I think chances are somewhere between zip and zilch that they'll start out of Bayonne.  Heck, I'm booked out of Bayonne in October and am skeptical that one will go.  I have alternate plans (fully refundable) for land vacations booked for both July and October.  I'm more confident that my four in 2022 will go.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I don't think it's being a party pooper, it's being realistic.  I'm hoping to get the email this week or next letting me know my July 3 is canceled, because I don't think they will be sailing by then.  And when they can finally start, I think chances are somewhere between zip and zilch that they'll start out of Bayonne.  Heck, I'm booked out of Bayonne in October and am skeptical that one will go.  I have alternate plans (fully refundable) for land vacations booked for both July and October.  I'm more confident that my four in 2022 will go.  

Most people on this site are not into being realistic. They want no parts of that talk on here, nada, don't want to hear that or read that on here.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Most people on this site are not into being realistic.

Well, we do have some that are always very pessimistic as well. Wearing masks forever comes to mind, lol.  I'm mostly an optimist, but do try to temper that with a big dose of reality and looking at the big picture.  And always having a 'Plan B' these days.  🙂  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Most people on this site are not into being realistic. They want no parts of that talk on here, nada, don't want to hear that or read that on here.

True

Some people have made the same freedumb and liberty arguments for 14 months every month from "March 2020, April 2020.........March 2021, April 2021" and are shocked to find each of their successive cruises have been canceled during a global pandemic which has taken 3.2 million lives. My favorite is "if you're scared just stay home". Simplistic responses to complicated issues though seem to be in vogue with a large minority of Americans. Its not really surprising that a high percentage of this group refuse to do the one thing that would expedite the end of the pandemic in the United States and result in the commencement of cruising--GET VACCINATED

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

What's the feeling on a Symphony cruise departing out of Florida in late November. Think that's going to happen?

6 months away?? It should be a go if all goes well......

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

What's the feeling on a Symphony cruise departing out of Florida in late November. Think that's going to happen?

I’m hoping for Symphony last week of August! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stallion said:

True

Some people have made the same freedumb and liberty arguments for 14 months every month from "March 2020, April 2020.........March 2021, April 2021" and are shocked to find each of their successive cruises have been canceled during a global pandemic which has taken 3.2 million lives. My favorite is "if you're scared just stay home". Simplistic responses to complicated issues though seem to be in vogue with a large minority of Americans. Its not really surprising that a high percentage of this group refuse to do the one thing that would expedite the end of the pandemic in the United States and result in the commencement of cruising--GET VACCINATED

So if you don't care to cruise can you refuse the vaccine??

How are we so sure that the vaccine is what is holding up cruising??

There has been plenty of cruising going on in Europe/Asia with non vaccinated people up until now -

I think the Vaccine ending this pandemic is a pipe dream and I say that as a vaccinated person, but everyone can believe in anything they want...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

@Ourusualbeachwhat do you think the chances (odds) are for Radiance to head to the US and do the Panama Canal cruise Oct 1? My crystal ball is a bit cloudy now....LOL! 

I’ve packed up my crystal ball.  Way too many variables right now to begin predicting restarts, especially cruises longer than 7 days before Nov. 1.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve packed up my crystal ball.  Way too many variables right now to begin predicting restarts, especially cruises longer than 7 days before Nov. 1.

I agree about the variables but am trying to be optimistic that the cruise "might" happen. 

• Like 1

We are booked on the 7/16 Oasis from Bayonne. If canceled, what is a ball park time we will be notified? Working on a Plan B vacation. Will book hotels, etc. that we can cancel, but would be helpful to know about when we will get the word from RCCL.  Thanks. 

3 hours ago, spooky981 said:

I'm in the same boat.....errr ship.....myself. Haha We are booked on the 11/27 sailing. Really dont want to get my hopes up but after the year we have all had, it's hard not to be excited about something. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

We are booked on the 7/16 Oasis from Bayonne. If canceled, what is a ball park time we will be notified? Working on a Plan B vacation. Will book hotels, etc. that we can cancel, but would be helpful to know about when we will get the word from RCCL.  Thanks. 

The last few months, cancellations have been announced around the 5th to 8th of the month. 

6 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The last few months, cancellations have been announced around the 5th to 8th of the month. 

Thank you. One other question for those in the know: Is there a ball park for timing of refunds? 

Posted (edited)

My last couple of refunds were around 10 to 12 days. YMMV

That being said, I've been waiting on them to reissue an FCC for about 3 months now.  Don't know what the hold up is.

Edited by Tree_skier

4 hours ago, Stallion said:

......Its not really surprising that a high percentage of this group refuse to do the one thing that would expedite the end of the pandemic in the United States and result in the commencement of cruising--GET VACCINATED

Are you serious? Most have received their vaccinations yet our leaders say we still have to wear masks and socially distance even after we are vaccinated. Time to move on and get on with our lives which have always had risks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Where have most people received the vaccine? -Not in Texas-not in any state in the South or other traditionally Republican states. But I am entirely content with the 21 traditionally Democratic states which are leading the way (at least with at least 1 dose). see 4th graph at link.  Those Democratic states are on course to start hitting projected goals of herd immunity by late June through late August. The rest of the Country not so much with projections in some states now extending to as far as September 2022 to 2023. see 3rd graph at link for your state

I believe projected dates of herd immunity are playing a significant role in the recommendations of the CDC

https://www.npr.org/960901166

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2