PSA: Check your FCC Amounts

Had a fully paid off cruise in March 2020, we canceled it before they canceled since they took so long to decide to do so, got FCCs, amounts were fine. Used those to pay for cruise in March 2021, that was canceled, got FCCs. Apparently they did not reissue them correctly so I'm missing about $1500 per person on 2 reservations (first FCCs were "already redeemed" when I tried to make a new reservation, second ones only had the deposit amount on them). I've now spent 90 minutes with them on the phone trying to get this fixed. Got 1 reservation done, working on the second now, but they said it still could take 1-2 months to get them reissued.

Do they manually issue the FCCs? I'm not sure how this could happen otherwise.

Edited by Michelle H

When you use your FCC, did you only pay the deposits or full payment?  My understanding is that any unused FCC will be reissued as "new" FCC.  For example, if you had $5000 FCC and used $2000 for a cruise, the $3000 excess will be issued as a new FCC (with new certificate number).  So maybe that last step was lost in the process...

1 minute ago, Love2cruise77 said:

When you use your FCC, did you only pay the deposits or full payment?  My understanding is that any unused FCC will be reissued as "new" FCC.  For example, if you had $5000 FCC and used $2000 for a cruise, the $3000 excess will be issued as a new FCC (with new certificate number).  So maybe that last step was lost in the process...

Just deposits. That's how it's supposed to work I guess, but it didn't. 

Also if you book a cruise with FCCs and later get a cheaper price on that cruise, check your final balance due a couple days after you reprice. When I went to make final payment, my balance was $400 higher than my last invoice said. Turns out somehow some FCC money disappeared. RC restored it with no issues, so no big deal in the end, but just FYI.