Jump to content

MSC Yacht Club waiting area Port of Miami


Recommended Posts

Greetings. We are not familiar with the Port of Miami and are wondering if MSC has a dedicated Yacht Club waiting area? 

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DFWGUYZ said:

Greetings. We are not familiar with the Port of Miami and are wondering if MSC has a dedicated Yacht Club waiting area? 

Many thanks in advance for your reply.

Yes there was a very nice area with free snacks , wine , beer and soda , love YC can’t wait to sail on her again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, George C said:

Yes there was a very nice area with free snacks , wine , beer and soda , love YC can’t wait to sail on her again.

 

My experience as well; it was in that room where the embarkation Butler took my group for check-in with two agents in attendance.  That part of the arrival of my Miami embarkation was the least stressful and the most pleasant.  

Edited by rkacruiser
Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been there three times and unless things changed, there wasn't any beer.  I do recall wine and sparkling wine and water.  Sodas, don't remember.  Light snacks, yes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Miami YC interior area was lovely.

Sparkling wine, wine, a variety of juices, waters 

Fruit, sandwiches etc

 

They quickly handled docs, wristbands, daily newspaper requests etc and then by groups we were taken to scan cards and a butler took us up. 

 

That said... We don't know what embarkation will look like and if YC gets to keep that space for YC only embarkation. 

 

I should think if its raining that the YC tent situation could be a bit awkward. We had a chilly breezy yet sunny day and so it was quite pleasant at the tent and turning over luggage etc

 

Fingers crossed as we have bookings for early 2021 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our first MSC cruise is in November on the Meraviglia. When we get to the pier I believe we look for the White Yacht Club tent where we first drop our bags? Is that correct, and is the tent towards the front of the ship?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming nothing changes due to COVID, yes, you will look for the "white" tent/cover, but it is not at the front of the ship. It is located just next to the main entrance which makes it difficult for your taxi driver to be able to stop directly in front of the tent. In our two cases, the taxi driver overshot the white test because of heavy traffic. Otherwise, if he had stopped in front of the tent part of the car would still be in the main part of the street that passes long the side of the ships. This could be handled better IMO. (Experience based on the Port of Miami only.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sptrout said:

Assuming nothing changes due to COVID, yes, you will look for the "white" tent/cover, but it is not at the front of the ship. It is located just next to the main entrance which makes it difficult for your taxi driver to be able to stop directly in front of the tent. In our two cases, the taxi driver overshot the white test because of heavy traffic. Otherwise, if he had stopped in front of the tent part of the car would still be in the main part of the street that passes long the side of the ships. This could be handled better IMO. (Experience based on the Port of Miami only.)

Thank you. We are sailing out of Miami, hopefully. 🙏

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, lienf said:

Thank you. We are sailing out of Miami, hopefully. 🙏

 

With the taxi missing the tent, just tell the porter that takes the bags that you are in the Yacht Club. The porter will lead you to the right location and the MSC staff will take care of you from there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dexddd said:

Sodas, don't remember. 

 

There were soft drinks available.

 

8 hours ago, Fogfog said:

The Miami YC interior area was lovely.

Sparkling wine, wine, a variety of juices, waters 

Fruit, sandwiches etc

 

They quickly handled docs, wristbands, daily newspaper requests etc and then by groups we were taken to scan cards and a butler took us up. 

 

 

The interior area "lovely"?  I thought it was rather "plain" with an institutional color of light yellow paint on the walls.  Satisfactory seating, but not YC grade, I didn't think.

 

The two young women on duty for check-in were very pleasant and efficient.  Check-in was quite well done.

 

 

8 hours ago, Fogfog said:

I should think if its raining that the YC tent situation could be a bit awkward. We had a chilly breezy yet sunny day and so it was quite pleasant at the tent and turning over luggage etc

 

Agree.  No place to sit while waiting for a Butler; the tent covers only a small area of space.  I was driving my car to the terminal, needing to park after dropping off my luggage, with the heavy traffic:  the tent's I could not get to that location with my car.  It was stressful!

 

4 hours ago, sptrout said:

It is located just next to the main entrance which makes it difficult for your taxi driver to be able to stop directly in front of the tent. In our two cases, the taxi driver overshot the white test because of heavy traffic. Otherwise, if he had stopped in front of the tent part of the car would still be in the main part of the street that passes long the side of the ships. This could be handled better IMO. 

 

The police in that area made it impossible for me to try to stop in that area.  '"Keep it moving."  I heard that repeatedly.  Tried to explain my situation.  "Keep it moving", the officer said.  

 

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

 

With the taxi missing the tent, just tell the porter that takes the bags that you are in the Yacht Club. The porter will lead you to the right location and the MSC staff will take care of you from there.

 

I was able to find a spot to pull over in order to give my bags to a Porter.  But, it was some distance from where the YC tent was.  As a result, my luggage did not receive YC delivery service.  They got mixed into the luggage of other guests.  Late afternoon when I met my Butler, he asked if my luggage had arrived.  No, I said.  He went searching and found and delivered them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

When using Terminal F MSC has a nice, separated YC waiting area but I'm not sure about what they use/d for the Terminal G departures.  I'm pretty sure the 2022 MSC Terminals AA/AAA, or whatever it will be called, will have special YC areas.  Anyone heard an update on completion date?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There was a wide beverage selection, wine, sparkling wine, Campari, nice juices, both sparkling and still waters down I do think there was beer.

sandwiches

Cheese and fruit

pastries

 

Far more food and Bev than really necessary as the checkin was smooth and then they started calling us by cabin to board.

 

Yes the furniture is more modern and if you are seriously large some of the seating might be smallish

Yes the lighting is bright, yet it was a sunny morning, we had a glass of Prosecco and were happy to be there.

 

For the B2B I will say that Celebrity does a far superior turn around for B2B folks. I do wish the YC B2B was handled as well as initial embarkation.

Are you listening MSC?

 

Drop off was hectic with bags, then DH took the car a good way down to parking. It is a haul so worth dropping bags before parking.

 

 

Edited by Fogfog
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I was able to find a spot to pull over in order to give my bags to a Porter.  But, it was some distance from where the YC tent was.  As a result, my luggage did not receive YC delivery service.  They got mixed into the luggage of other guests.  Late afternoon when I met my Butler, he asked if my luggage had arrived.  No, I said.  He went searching and found and delivered them.  

Kudos to that particular butler. I'm glad it worked out. Stuff happens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DFWGUYZ said:

 

Being the last terminal on that side of the island in the Port would be an advantage for traffic issues both arriving and departing.  A very modernistic image; competing with RCI's terminal?  😀

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Port of Miami web cam shows construction taking place at the terminal where Meraviglia has been docked.  A second floor seems to be taking shape above part of the original one story building.   Because I really was not certain where I was in the YC Lounge in that building, but the new construction, from what I have seen, makes me wonder if this area might be a new YC Lounge until the brand new terminal is built.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

 

Being the last terminal on that side of the island in the Port would be an advantage for traffic issues both arriving and departing.  A very modernistic image; competing with RCI's terminal?  😀

Indeed! A masterpiece when completed. A lot is happening with MSC. They seem to be in the market to overcome the more, uh, um, how should I say, more standard,  traditional CCL ships. As an example, We can travel with MSC Yacht Club vs say Neptune Suite on um, you know....for a more pleasurable and inclusive voyage. Of course this opinion is mine and mine alone other rules may apply   

Edited by DFWGUYZ
.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Don't get too wrapped up in this room.  When we went (which is still the last full week cruise that the Seaside had out of Miami) they kept people moving quickly.  We were in there for maybe 5 mins before a butler took us all through security.  Barely had a sip of champagne before we moved on.

 

As for curbside, look for the white MSC tent all the way on the right.  Let them know who you are and they will escort you to the waiting room.  They'll also set your bags to the side to ensure it gets YC fast tracked to your room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beardface said:

Barely had a sip of champagne before we moved on.

 

As for curbside, look for the white MSC tent all the way on the right.  Let them know who you are and they will escort you to the waiting room.  They'll also set your bags to the side to ensure it gets YC fast tracked to your room.

 

I had time for a couple of glasses of Prosecco.  

 

Much easier to do if one does NOT drive to the Port and try to get to that area to drop off luggage!  

 

7 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

E67A35A0-D1D9-4FE0-9328-3B736F1B3BA0.jpeg

 

A very good photo of the area.  The ladies doing the check-in were at the desk at the right and there were several Butlers at the service area in the middle of your picture.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beardface said:

 We were in there for maybe 5 mins before a butler took us all through security

 

So you passed security after "the waiting area"? We passed security when entering the terminal and after "the waiting area" we just boarded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

 

I had time for a couple of glasses of Prosecco.  

 

Much easier to do if one does NOT drive to the Port and try to get to that area to drop off luggage!  

Delightful. If you don't mind me asking. How did you arrive at the POM and have your baggage arrive as to avoid the "luggage drop off area?"

Many thanks.

 

Edited by DFWGUYZ
Link to post
Share on other sites

We've done YC there three times.  You drop luggage at white tent and do a quick checkoff the list.  Then escort on left side through security.  Then up escalators, turn to right walk a bit, then right turn into lounge.

 

We've typically waited about 15-20 minutes before getting called to desk, get card and wristband then wait from 5-10 minutes before small group escort on ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...