California Coastals Summer 2022

In reviewing the current Princess offerings for next year, it seems that there are absolutely no California Coastal itineraries for May through August. Was this normal for past years/pre-Covid? The same holds for 2023 as well.  At least in the Caribbean in the summer they have the CB running, but nothing for the California Coastals?

Ruby Princess will be going from SF to Alaska, and yes, that's normal (2021 is weird)

In the past, all San Pedro/San Francisco ships were repositioned to Alaska for the summer.  No California Coastals or trips to Hawaii.  I never understood that policy since many people take vacations with their kids during the summer.  Hawaii seemed like a great summer itinerary.

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I never understood that policy since many people take vacations with their kids during the summer.  Hawaii seemed like a great summer itinerary.

Probably not the main reason but, long sea days for young kids doesn't go very well (personal experience with my daughter many years ago on a Hawaiian cruise:classic_wacko:)

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Ruby Princess will be going from SF to Alaska, and yes, that's normal (2021 is weird)

We're on the next to last CA Coastal on Majestic next April, then it's off to Vancouver for summer time in Alaska.

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Was this normal for past years/pre-Covid? The same holds for 2023 as well.

Very normal, at least in recent years, and I would expect as such until they can get more ships in the fleet unless they trim deployment elsewhere. 2021 planning was an anomaly.