NEW TERMINAL ( SOUTHAMPTON) HORIZON TERMINAL.

so,ton saint

Well , I entered the competition to name it but sadly none of my suggestions made the cut!   😂

I am wondering though how does 'Horizon' celebrates Southampton's rich maritime history?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Misself said:

Well , I entered the competition to name it but sadly none of my suggestions made the cut!   😂

I am wondering though how does 'Horizon' celebrates Southampton's rich maritime history?

Exactly, I went for Solent.

3 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

For those departing your cruise from Southampton on the New  (GRANDIOSA) you have a brand new  terminal  to sail from Horizon Terminal.

unfortunately won’t be ready by the time I sail on Virtuosa later this month. I think June/July it’s due to be finished?

On 5/7/2021 at 10:01 PM, rattla said:

unfortunately won’t be ready by the time I sail on Virtuosa later this month. I think June/July it’s due to be finished?

You will see the new terminal as you enter Dock gate ten, its the next berth down from the City cruise terminal.

To recap for everyone the virtuosa will be in the horizon terminal.

Its berth 102, if u google that then it will give u a good idea where this new terminal is.

Edited by nyk24

44 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I thought Virtuosa was departing from City Terminal, at least the early sailings?

Yes it is, it moves to Horizon (which is just next door) when that opens.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, sidari said:

Good to see the new building, far better than the old sheds for sure.

All Southampton Cruise Terminals are fairly modern having had revamps over the years , with Horizon Berth 102 being the newest Build.

39 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

All Southampton Cruise Terminals are fairly modern having had revamps over the years , with Horizon Berth 102 being the newest Build.

We sailed from I think Ocean Terminal on QV many years ago which was fairly new then, in 2013 we sailed on Opera and it was like walking into a large converted dockside shed with chairs.

4 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

I should have said using 101 Berth from 12th May  until the 3rd July when the new Terminal is due to except cruise ships.

thanks for clearing that up 👍

Is it literally a two minute walk from  ABP's car park thats opposite the city terminal to the horizon terminal??

• 1 year later...

The app and paperwork has always said city terminal even though they have now swapped to Horizon, its not too much of a problem as they are right next door to each other.

They do use Horizon now, but occasionally they have to use city as already  a ship booked at horizon, for instance on the 16th October this year, they are using City as NCL have Horizon on same day.