Proof of Vaccination from 17th May in England

Pink-belle

Today the Government announced how to prove Covid vaccination for those of us in England.

from the 17th May, as expected it will be via the NHS app.

For those without smartphones or tablets you can obtain a letter by calling 119.  It must be 5 days after complete vaccination and will take about 5 days to arrive.

the Gov.uk site has the details

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Today the Government announced how to prove Covid vaccination for those of us in England.

from the 17th May, as expected it will be via the NHS app.

For those without smartphones or tablets you can obtain a letter by calling 119.  It must be 5 days after complete vaccination and will take about 5 days to arrive.

the Gov.uk site has the details

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/demonstrating-your-covid-19-vaccination-status-when-travelling-abroad

Presumably apps like Patients Access will also be acceptable? It is associated with the NHS and also shows our vaccines on its Home Page, but more importantly is the only app my GP surgery uses.

40 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Presumably apps like Patients Access will also be acceptable? It is associated with the NHS and also shows our vaccines on its Home Page, but more importantly is the only app my GP surgery uses.

I guess that would be up to P&O, the information on Gov.uk is quite clear for those in England.  Personally if I didn’t have the specified NHS app I would opt for the available paper alternative.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Scriv said:

I would not presume anything, just dial the number and get the official letter then if your app fails you are still good to go.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I would not presume anything, just dial the number and get the official letter then if your app fails you are still good to go.

Exactly what we will be doing.  Will probably laminate the letters as well.  Don't want them falling apart.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Scriv said:

The NHS app just pulls the information from those systems. They've said it'll work for everyone in England from 17th May, so probably best to wait until then and try it.

• Like 1

Just now, cruisenewbie1976 said:

The NHS app just pulls the information from those systems. They've said it'll work for everyone in England from 17th May, so probably best to wait until then and try it.

Sounds encouraging.. will try it then, but will order a paper version from 119 just in case anyway. Wouldn't want to be turned away at that stage after having got so far.  Thanks everyone.

• Like 3

Update ....... ignore all my messages above. I have just downloaded the NHS App and linked up with my on line records - easy peasy! Sorted.

Edited by Scriv
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Scriv said:

My guess is that the relevant information with be (if it has not already been) entered into a database read by the NHS app. The transfer of data from one database to another is a simple one line SQL command and would only take a hour (I doubt even that long) for all the required data to be transfered.

So get ready to download the NHS app as it makes sense that is the only one that will be accepted otherwise you have train staff to cope with a number of different apps etc. 

7 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

My guess is that the relevant information with be (if it has not already been) entered into a database read by the NHS app. The transfer of data from one database to another is a simple one line SQL command and would only take a hour (I doubt even that long) for all the required data to be transfered.

So get ready to download the NHS app as it makes sense that is the only one that will be accepted otherwise you have train staff to cope with a number of different apps etc. 

6 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Whoops too late.🤣

Thanks so much for your advice -  we crossed in the ether 🤣. Much appreciated though. It was so easy - I don't know what I was worrying about  🙂 

Edited by Scriv
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Exactly what we will be doing.  Will probably laminate the letters as well.  Don't want them falling apart.

Perhaps photocopy it.

1 hour ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

People need to be mindful that they may be able to access and log onto the various systems and apps but may not actually have access to their records. My surgery uses systemonline which I have used for many years to make appointments and order repeat prescriptions. There is a button to request access to your records which doesn't work for me, I had to sign a form for my doctor to give me access. They said it could take up to 2 weeks once approval had been given. I advised Mrs YP to go online who has a different surgery to me, she called in got the form and was sent several texts with the different codes and passwords to access their system, it turns out hers is systemonline too but via a link through her surgery, she was told it could take up to 4 weeks before she will be able to access the system. I have to say it was very interesting to look through my records which go back to me being a baby and basic innoculations.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

You can see the problem here can't you?

Yep the system will be overload by people requesting paper copies when there is no need so those who really need them can't get them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

People need to be mindful that they may be able to access and log onto the various systems and apps but may not actually have access to their records. My surgery uses systemonline which I have used for many years to make appointments and order repeat prescriptions. There is a button to request access to your records which doesn't work for me, I had to sign a form for my doctor to give me access. They said it could take up to 2 weeks once approval had been given. I advised Mrs YP to go online who has a different surgery to me, she called in got the form and was sent several texts with the different codes and passwords to access their system, it turns out hers is systemonline too but via a link through her surgery, she was told it could take up to 4 weeks before she will be able to access the system. I have to say it was very interesting to look through my records which go back to me being a baby and basic innoculations.

I'm quite sure the vaccination information will be passed separately to the NHS system (app). I really don't think that is anything to worry about.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I'm quite sure the vaccination information will be passed separately to the NHS system (app). I really don't think that is anything to worry about.  

The information probably will be passed on, in my case that information was there I just couldn't access it without the required approval

20 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have to say it was very interesting to look through my records which go back to me being a baby and basic innoculations.

Our surgery uses Systemonline too, and we re-order our 'scripts, make appointments etc. The only records we can get is our vaccination data which, like yours, shows all innoculations from childhood, but also the ones we had in 1980's when we began long haul travel, and then the flu, pneumonia and shingles that we had much later. So I am assuming/hoping that our Covid jabs will be on there later as well. If so, I hope they can be printed off🤞 

Trusting soul aren't I?

Avril

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our surgery uses Systemonline too, and we re-order our 'scripts, make appointments etc. The only records we can get is our vaccination data which, like yours, shows all innoculations from childhood, but also the ones we had in 1980's when we began long haul travel, and then the flu, pneumonia and shingles that we had much later. So I am assuming/hoping that our Covid jabs will be on there later as well. If so, I hope they can be printed off🤞 

Trusting soul aren't I?

Avril

My Covid jabs are there, there are 70 pages of data on mine albeit a lot of it is titter and sh!t, when I have an asthma review there is nearly a full page for each visit, plus it tells me who I saw and who entered the data. I can print each page off if required. There is also a section for tests which is separate to patient records.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

My Covid jabs are there, there are 70 pages of data on mine albeit a lot of it is titter and sh!t, when I have an asthma review there is nearly a full page for each visit, plus it tells me who I saw and who entered the data. I can print each page off if required. There is also a section for tests which is separate to patient records.

Looks as if I shall have to request the full records, but to be honest I really don't want see them. I have an ostrich mentality I'm afraid and just don't want to know🙈 There'll be another way to obtain a paper copy I'm sure.

Avril

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Looks as if I shall have to request the full records, but to be honest I really don't want see them. I have an ostrich mentality I'm afraid and just don't want to know🙈 There'll be another way to obtain a paper copy I'm sure.

Avril

Just ring 119, they will send you a paper copy when/if you need one. We will hang fire as we don't intend to go abroad until Jan, things may have changed by then.

1 hour ago, Scriv said:

Update ....... ignore all my messages above. I have just downloaded the NHS App and linked up with my on line records - easy peasy! Sorted.

Funny that I did mine and my husband’s this morning to be ready it’s really easy.

we also have systemonline too and have all access to all my records and previous vacations and test results, pre order medication and make appointments etc , but I will still get a paper print out just in case WiFi is iffy when checking in and I can’t access my records.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

The information probably will be passed on, in my case that information was there I just couldn't access it without the required approval

I was referring to vaccination information only. 

All those thinking of printing information, forget it, it will NOT be accepted. Ring 119 and request the official paper version.

I can not see any possibility of anything other that the NHS app or the official paper copy being accepted so it is only yourself you are fooling. 

• Like 1