Proof of Vaccination from 17th May in England

Pink-belle

2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I was referring to vaccination information only. 

That is what I was referring to, before I got approval from the doctor I could not see my medical record online, so albeit I had my first covid jab I had no access to my record. Once I got approval the details were available to me.

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

That is what I was referring to, before I got approval from the doctor I could not see my medical record online, so albeit I had my first covid jab I had no access to my record. Once I got approval the details were available to me.

OK, but I'm sure by 17th May the Vaccination information would have been passed on anyway (not any other medical records).

As a side note my practice did not require anything other a verbale request for access to SystmOnline and I was sent an email with the information how to logon. That was about 7 years ago.

8 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

All those thinking of printing information, forget it, it will NOT be accepted. Ring 119 and request the official paper version.

I can not see any possibility of anything other that the NHS app or the official paper copy being accepted so it is only yourself you are fooling. 

Mx-Drew - have you experience of or a view on the MyGP Ticket app, which some people are saying they are using to show their status? Just interested..

5 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Mx-Drew - have you experience of or a view on the MyGP Ticket app, which some people are saying they are using to show their status? Just interested..

Not MyGP but have experience 1st hand of SystmOnline, Airmid and of course the NHS app.

The main one to focus on here is the NHS app as all other practice management systems "feed" the NHS app.

I have taken a quick look at the MyGP app and my practice does not support it, but it does look to be similar to the others above.

I still say the genuine NHS app is your safest bet as I can imagine a situation for example at P&O check in where you are ask to prove Vaccine status and you showing (for example) MyGP app and the check in clerk saying sorry I don't recognise that as an approved method. They can not however say the same of the government backed NHS app. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

You can see the problem here can't you?

Yep the system will be overload by people requesting paper copies when there is no need so those who really need them can't get them.

Indeed I can. I can also imagine the electronic verification going pear shaped while I am checking in at the Southampton Terminal with the problem being with my smart device, P&Os computer stuff or the government stuff. If so either chaos for all or tears for some.

I don't cruise until late August. Meanwhile I will be dialling 119 every 2 or 3 days until I get the letter.

I would also hope that the Gov will be prepared for an avalanche of letter requests.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I will also be ringing to request a letters as I do not have a data package on my phone neither does my husband. 

21 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I presume  you can download or take a screen shot of the NHS app page showing proof of vaccination,  in case of no connection at terminal.

Take screen shot and put in notes folder to show when requested 

• Like 1

My expectation is that the NHS app will just be tweaked to include a dedicated "first layer" vaccination page displaying details of covid (and possibly other) vaccinations. One which can be accessed directly from the home page without having to delve into other menus. Not a great problem as (if?) the information is already contained within the app, just a matter of display. Said to be ready by 17 May. As I am not due to venture abroad until August I will wait a couple of weeks for it to be debugged then install it in June.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Indeed I can. I can also imagine the electronic verification going pear shaped while I am checking in at the Southampton Terminal with the problem being with my smart device, P&Os computer stuff or the government stuff. If so either chaos for all or tears for some.

I don't cruise until late August. Meanwhile I will be dialling 119 every 2 or 3 days until I get the letter.

I would also hope that the Gov will be prepared for an avalanche of letter requests.

We don't know yet what P&O will do and although I haven't checked in online for a while, I would guess that is where they will ask you to provide all required information. Insurance, jabs, any medical stuff. Who knows, but in a queue at Southampton doesn't seem sensible.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I suppose Wales and Scotland will announce their arrangements next week, having been in limbo for a few weeks during the pre-election period. 

I hope they hurry up.  Its the question I get most refrequently after giving vacs at the moment and its embarrasing not having an answer.  Equally during the election period not allowed to mention the government and blame them!

• Like 1

Yesterday, both myself and my husband registered on the NHS App.  My husband got an email back within 10 minutes confirming that his identity had been verified, so he now has access to his records.  I've had nothing, after 24 hours.  From what I understand, they are supposed to do the ID check within about 2 hours and to contact them if you hear nothing after 24 hours. However, not so easy to contact them - I tried ringing 119 and there is option to talk about this issue. So I've had to use a generic web form with my query.

I'm just glad that I'm not actually going away this summer and don't need the information quickly, otherwise it would be stressful. However, stressful enough, as I suspect this is now going to turn into a pain to try and sort out. 

On 5/8/2021 at 1:40 PM, Scriv said:

Here are a couple of screen shots of My GP. I do not think it is that good so will be relying on the Official NHS App version when it is available 17th May. My GP will not allow screen shots as shown

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

On 5/8/2021 at 12:40 PM, Adawn47 said:

Our surgery uses Systemonline too, and we re-order our 'scripts, make appointments etc. The only records we can get is our vaccination data which, like yours, shows all innoculations from childhood, but also the ones we had in 1980's when we began long haul travel, and then the flu, pneumonia and shingles that we had much later. So I am assuming/hoping that our Covid jabs will be on there later as well. If so, I hope they can be printed off🤞 

Trusting soul aren't I?

Avril

I see my surgery also used that system . I've got the NHS app and there's nothing about my medical records  on it at all . I'm hoping too .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Ah, but which government? The governing parties in Wales and Scotland have done extremely well as endorsed by so many this last week. 

I wasn't making a Political point with a capital P.   The decision around how in Scotland we are going to produce evidence of vaccination is a centrally driven one.  The current information is held on more than one system and is dependent on where you were given your vaccination ie GP, hospital or community.

There is currently not an app to do this.  Therefore centrally they will have to decide what their response is and get a move on doing it. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 5:55 PM, Windsurfboy said:

I presume  you can download or take a screen shot of the NHS app page showing proof of vaccination,  in case of no connection at terminal.

That's a good idea 

On 5/9/2021 at 11:16 AM, Dermotsgirl said:

Yesterday, both myself and my husband registered on the NHS App.  My husband got an email back within 10 minutes confirming that his identity had been verified, so he now has access to his records.  I've had nothing, after 24 hours.  From what I understand, they are supposed to do the ID check within about 2 hours and to contact them if you hear nothing after 24 hours. However, not so easy to contact them - I tried ringing 119 and there is option to talk about this issue. So I've had to use a generic web form with my query.

I'm just glad that I'm not actually going away this summer and don't need the information quickly, otherwise it would be stressful. However, stressful enough, as I suspect this is now going to turn into a pain to try and sort out. 

This is the very reason I say download the NHS app now and get it sorted out.

I really believe the approved method of proof will be the NHS app or it paper equivalent (ring 119 to apply). If it does turn out other apps are accepted well all well and good but if you think some other method will be accepted and it turns out it's not then it turns into panic time when there was no need.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

Here are a couple of screen shots of My GP. I do not think it is that good so will be relying on the Official NHS App version when it is available 17th May. My GP will not allow screen shots as shown

IMG_0427.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

I have looked at this further and it appears it is a third party app that just takes data in the same way as the NHS app, you could even say it is a clone on the NHS app, it may or it may not be accepted but as I have said before why chance it when you can just use the official NHS app?

5 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

I wasn't making a Political point with a capital P.   The decision around how in Scotland we are going to produce evidence of vaccination is a centrally driven one.  The current information is held on more than one system and is dependent on where you were given your vaccination ie GP, hospital or community.

There is currently not an app to do this.  Therefore centrally they will have to decide what their response is and get a move on doing it. 

Yes, I agree, the Welsh and Scottish administrations need to sort it out asap, as will NI I presume.  My surgery uses Fy Iechyd Ar-lein / My Health Online but I have been told that the only thing you can do on it is order repeat prescriptions which we don’t require. There are other sections but they’re not working at our surgery anyway! 

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Yes, I agree, the Welsh and Scottish administrations need to sort it out asap, as will NI I presume.  My surgery uses Fy Iechyd Ar-lein / My Health Online but I have been told that the only thing you can do on it is order repeat prescriptions which we don’t require. There are other sections but they’re not working at our surgery anyway! 

Neither are mine, different application.  Only repeat prescriptions available.  The answer won't be in GP applications as being GP's they will want paid by Government to do this. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 5:55 PM, Windsurfboy said:

I would say "No you can't"

Just picture it, oh my phone is not working but I did print this screen shot out"

Person checking "How do I know that is genuine sir/madam?"

If you want a backup I would suggest ringing 119 and getting the official letter. 

Yes I know the official letter could be forged but that is the way it will be.

Edited by MX-Drew

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

This is the very reason I say download the NHS app now and get it sorted out.

I really believe the approved method of proof will be the NHS app or it paper equivalent (ring 119 to apply). If it does turn out other apps are accepted well all well and good but if you think some other method will be accepted and it turns out it's not then it turns into panic time when there was no need.

I completely agree.

Regarding my situation, after 48 hours my ID has still not been verified.

I had a response from the generic help desk - they are currently experiencing high levels of applications and there's no time scale for my issue to be resolved.

So I just have to wait. I think what's happened is that my face scan has been rejected and I've gone into a manual queue of some sort. I always have trouble at egates at airports. Perhaps my face isn't scan friendly!

This is all perplexing enough even without the time pressure of an upcoming cruise. There's no mechanism in place for me to talk to a human about this to get individual assistance, so, if this drags on, it will get even more perplexing.as I don't know how I will get anybody to help me.

As Drew says, it's a good idea to allow plenty of time to get registered just in case you fall out of the system like me. 

15 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

My husband never uses a mobile will I be able to down load the nhs app for both of us to use or do I have to register twice.

thanks

You both would need to register for the NHS app as you would both have different NHS numbers.

However once registered you could log in on your phone/tablet with whatever log in details you have registered.