Jump to content

Who in their right mind would want to cruise under these conditions??????


Recommended Posts

Sign me up. It's no different what has become my new normal for every day life, but at least I'll have a better view, better weather, and someone else cooking/cleaning/bartending for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Sign me up. It's no different what has become my new normal for every day life, but at least I'll have a better view, better weather, and someone else cooking/cleaning/bartending for me. 

Yeah but do you pay $7000 to wear a mask in your everyday life?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

Yeah but do you pay $7000 to wear a mask in your everyday life?

7 grand? Dang, somebody's overpaying!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Topdog52 said:

That was not the point!!

Well then what WAS the point?

 

We're booked in a balcony cabin for $3,500 for 2 including roundtrip airfare to the Dominican Republic.

I think I can handle a mask for some of that time. 👍 But for $7,000? Not so much...

Anyhow, these rules will never go into effect, they're so ludicrously unworkable and intrusive that they're clearly there to get a reaction out of people. And they certainly have. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I understand the article to say that if the cruise originates in the US you can not go on self guided excursions, but that Norwegian is ignoring that suggestion? I’m waffling between a Norwegian and a Royal cruise and I’ll pick the one that will likely have the least amount of restrictions. CEO Frank Del Rio was just interviewed on Fox News. He said he’s willing to do 100% vaccinated cruises only but doesn’t want the masks etc. he tired of the inconsistencies from the CDC and the thought of taking a bite of food and then pulling your mask back up or sipping your drink and pulling the masks back up is ludicrous. He says CDC is doing everything to prevent them from sailing yet airlines don’t have the same restrictions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Well then what WAS the point?

 

We're booked in a balcony cabin for $3,500 for 2 including roundtrip airfare to the Dominican Republic.

I think I can handle a mask for some of that time. 👍 But for $7,000? Not so much...

Anyhow, these rules will never go into effect, they're so ludicrously unworkable and intrusive that they're clearly there to get a reaction out of people. And they certainly have. 🤣

Read the post I was replying to, It is always good to start at the beginning. It is great that you want to wear a mask while you are sitting around the pool outside or while you are having a drink. This is the most stupidest conditions I have ever seen, this not a vacation. You mise well stay home and save your money. I think I will just fly some where and relax and you can wear your mask all week!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brngckn said:

I predict more cruise options from non-USA ports from which sailing rules would be different. 

You are 100% correct!!! That is the only way to go at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its got to start back somehow.  Its going to be tough though.  Anyone notice the increase in riots at airports. Here in Miami we are having them every week and it all starts about masks.  I just hope none of this craziness makes it on board but that may be too much to hope for.

Yes, I know its always the few bad apples but a few bad apples always bring negative headlines.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Me! Me! I’ll cruise under these “horrible” conditions! 😂

 

About “paying to wear a mask”, my thought is that I already wear a mask to do things that I DON’T want to do, so I won’t have a problem wearing a mask to do things that I DO want to do.
 

Yes, I hate the mask just like anybody else, and I’d prefer not to wear it, but if that’s what I need to do to initially get cruising again, it’s a small price that I’m willing to pay IMHO. 

Edited by Tapi
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wearing a mask while eating is ridiculous.

 

On the other hand, if a cruise line requires masks in public areas at other times, I'll wear one.  The cruise line can put those who refuse off the ship at the next port of call. In the olden days they would have been made to walk the plank.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"The mask order includes while guests are seated in outdoor pool areas."

"removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."

blah blah blah on and on

 

I swear these are more restrictive than on land.  Who would wear a mask by the pool? No one--- and they know it-- so why even mention it?

 

Tell me again--- why we are getting the vaccine, if it's not even safe to lay by the pool beside other vaccinated people?

 

Glad my next 2 cruises aren't out of this country controlled by these ridiculous people

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone seen a link to the actual CDC documentation regarding the need to mask and socially distance as part of latest guidance? The link below is the CDC guidance for "fully vaccinated" people... I do not understand why guidance for fully vaccinated would be different than those items in the cruise critic story. I wonder if that is for when ships sale with non vaccinated people... anyway... look under "What you can start to do" https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I found it... and it does appear the CDC updated it... at least they placed a date of May 5th on it. And I now understand why the CEO of NCL was so outraged... clearly this was written last year and no thought was given to it when updated  https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/covid19-operations-manual-cso.html#mask-use.

 

There is so much confusing info that I like to try to find original sourcing... in this case..I hoped there was a misunderstanding...but no

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 6.31.37 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, david_sobe said:

Its got to start back somehow.  Its going to be tough though.  Anyone notice the increase in riots at airports. Here in Miami we are having them every week and it all starts about masks.  I just hope none of this craziness makes it on board but that may be too much to hope for.

Yes, I know its always the few bad apples but a few bad apples always bring negative headlines.  

Don't hold your breath, I can just picture fights due to people not wearing mask. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ocean Cat said:

Did I understand the article to say that if the cruise originates in the US you can not go on self guided excursions, but that Norwegian is ignoring that suggestion? I’m waffling between a Norwegian and a Royal cruise and I’ll pick the one that will likely have the least amount of restrictions. CEO Frank Del Rio was just interviewed on Fox News. He said he’s willing to do 100% vaccinated cruises only but doesn’t want the masks etc. he tired of the inconsistencies from the CDC and the thought of taking a bite of food and then pulling your mask back up or sipping your drink and pulling the masks back up is ludicrous. He says CDC is doing everything to prevent them from sailing yet airlines don’t have the same restrictions. 

 

Right on Ocean Cat! Did you notice that in the article that the CDC said you don't have to wear your mask inside your stateroom? Wow, how kind of them...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to come home from a cruise with a rectangular pale patch on my face from sitting at the pool with my mask on.  NOT!  I hope everyone enjoys their cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Crystal Cruises - New! Luxury Bahamas Escapes
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...