Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I just read the new CDC guidelines on mask wearing on cruise ships.  This is ridiculous.  There is what they say:
The CDC makes clear that it expects guests and crew, as well as port personnel, to wear masks in indoor and outdoor areas except for brief periods while eating and drinking and says that "removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."
The mask order includes while guests are seated in outdoor pool areas.  If you are swimming you can remove your mask as long as you maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet --with the number of bathers restricted. Cruisers will not have to wear masks in their own cabins.
The CDC also suggests as a best practice that face-to-face interactions between crew and passengers be reduced "to the extent possible."

 

From what I understand it makes no difference if the ship is 95% vaccinated.  Seriously.  What is it going to take to not wear a mask outside?  I am fine wearing one inside.  However, this does not make sense and goes against their own guidelines where they say people don't have to wear a mask outdoors any longer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

You expected common sense from these Cretans?

As a person with ancestors from Crete I resemble this comment!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tmann478 said:

I just read the new CDC guidelines on mask wearing on cruise ships.  This is ridiculous.  There is what they say:
The CDC makes clear that it expects guests and crew, as well as port personnel, to wear masks in indoor and outdoor areas except for brief periods while eating and drinking and says that "removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."
The mask order includes while guests are seated in outdoor pool areas.  If you are swimming you can remove your mask as long as you maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet --with the number of bathers restricted. Cruisers will not have to wear masks in their own cabins.
The CDC also suggests as a best practice that face-to-face interactions between crew and passengers be reduced "to the extent possible."

 

From what I understand it makes no difference if the ship is 95% vaccinated.  Seriously.  What is it going to take to not wear a mask outside?  I am fine wearing one inside.  However, this does not make sense and goes against their own guidelines where they say people don't have to wear a mask outdoors any longer.  

Sounds like a blast, huh?  Why any sane person would want to go through this is beyond me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

Sounds like a blast, huh?  Why any sane person would want to go through this is beyond me.

Why are you here? Why do you post?  We want to cruise and are willing to do what is required so i want to talk and listen to other likeminded people. I hate monkeys but I wouldnt go to a monkey site and disagree with people that do. I just dont get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, sugcarol said:

Why are you here? Why do you post?  We want to cruise and are willing to do what is required so i want to talk and listen to other likeminded people. I hate monkeys but I wouldnt go to a monkey site and disagree with people that do. I just dont get it.

The name of this site is CruiseCritic. If you don’t know what the last word means, look it up, it’ll keep you from making meaningless posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Why are you here? Why do you post?  We want to cruise and are willing to do what is required so i want to talk and listen to other likeminded people. I hate monkeys but I wouldnt go to a monkey site and disagree with people that do. I just dont get it.

We want to cruise as well, real bad. Not bad enough to want to wear a mask on the ship though......at all. If people want to do it though more power to them but we'll be taking alternate vacations until that restriction is lifted. 

 

Having said that......cruising is still a ways away and there's no telling what the actual restrictions/precautions will be once it starts again from the US. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Why are you here? Why do you post?  We want to cruise and are willing to do what is required so i want to talk and listen to other likeminded people. I hate monkeys but I wouldnt go to a monkey site and disagree with people that do. I just dont get it.

The CDC is out of control and the their demands are ridiculous. They make zero sense. If you have problems with someone calling them out on that and you are willing to jump through any hoop they hold in front of you so be it. Plenty of us are not and it isn't as if we are one hit wonders when it comes to cruising.

 

If you don't like opinions that differ from yours then it is you that is on the wrong internet site.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IF people do not see that the CDC is targeting red states by now...................look again.   Alaska, Texas and Florida, yet the CDC will jump to attention for the teachers union.  (even using the unions own wording for their order)   The CDC has gone straight political and they could care less about cruising because of the economy's in the states that are affected. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ccletzgo said:

IF people do not see that the CDC is targeting red states by now...................look again.   Alaska, Texas and Florida, yet the CDC will jump to attention for the teachers union.  (even using the unions own wording for their order)   The CDC has gone straight political and they could care less about cruising because of the economy's in the states that are affected. 

What about NY?  Lots of ships sail out of there summer and winter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

What about NY?  Lots of ships sail out of there summer and winter. 

New York is happy to be setting an example for the "greater good"  LOL  Ask Cuomo.   Martyr state and proud of it.  (as people move out in hoards)    🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ccletzgo said:

IF people do not see that the CDC is targeting red states by now...................look again.   Alaska, Texas and Florida, yet the CDC will jump to attention for the teachers union.  (even using the unions own wording for their order)   The CDC has gone straight political and they could care less about cruising because of the economy's in the states that are affected. 

Yes.  That's why the CDC took the actions it did to restrict cruising and destroy red state economies from March 2020 through January of 2021.  Oh wait...

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ccletzgo said:

IF people do not see that the CDC is targeting red states by now...................look again.   Alaska, Texas and Florida, yet the CDC will jump to attention for the teachers union.  (even using the unions own wording for their order)   The CDC has gone straight political and they could care less about cruising because of the economy's in the states that are affected. 

Agree, so much for following the science, CDC now stands for Communist Democrat Control. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing is official yet.    Patiently await royals announcement this coming week for the sailings out of bahamas and what the protocol will be masks, etc.    

 

As for sailings out of the US, a lot can change from now till the time they actually start sailing so no need to react to their updated CSO.     I personally will not wear a mask while sunbathing, now way do I want those tan lines.   I hope my balcony is on the sunny sun of the ship at least for half of the trip.    😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nothing is official yet.    Patiently await royals announcement this coming week for the sailings out of bahamas and what the protocol will be masks, etc.    

 

As for sailings out of the US, a lot can change from now till the time they actually start sailing so no need to react to their updated CSO.     I personally will not wear a mask while sunbathing, now way do I want those tan lines.   I hope my balcony is on the sunny sun of the ship at least for half of the trip.    😀

Ours isn't until March 2022 so hopefully it will be back to quasi normal by then. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ccletzgo said:

IF people do not see that the CDC is targeting red states by now...................look again.   Alaska, Texas and Florida, yet the CDC will jump to attention for the teachers union.  (even using the unions own wording for their order)   The CDC has gone straight political and they could care less about cruising because of the economy's in the states that are affected. 

The CDC restrictions hurt all states red or blue makes no difference. We all have to deal with the nonsensical blather coming from this ignorant health agency. 

 

Jonathan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...