CDC New Guidlines

8 hours ago, ccletzgo said:

IF people do not see that the CDC is targeting red states by now...................look again.   , Texas 

Tejas is more blue than most people think

23 hours ago, sugcarol said:

Why are you here? Why do you post?  We want to cruise and are willing to do what is required so i want to talk and listen to other likeminded people. I hate monkeys but I wouldnt go to a monkey site and disagree with people that do. I just dont get it.

move on and ignore then.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ccletzgo said:

IF people do not see that the CDC is targeting red states by now...................look again.   Alaska, Texas and Florida, yet the CDC will jump to attention for the teachers union.  (even using the unions own wording for their order)   The CDC has gone straight political and they could care less about cruising because of the economy's in the states that are affected. 

Most sensible post I've seen on here in a long time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

She was responding to what YOU said.

I know, she can ignore and move on and stay out of it.  If she wants to cruise with all these restrictions and waste thousand of bucks, go ahead.  

• Like 5

Just for some clarification. How is this going to be enforced? Are they saying as long as your in the US these are the rules? So what happens when the ship reaches international waters? Does the CDC "control" Americans when not in the country? The questions are endless.

6 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Just for some clarification. How is this going to be enforced? Are they saying as long as your in the US these are the rules? So what happens when the ship reaches international waters? Does the CDC "control" Americans when not in the country? The questions are endless.

The CDC gets its "power", I guess by, not allowing a ship to disembark passengers in the U.S. if the ship has not been following their nonsensical and draconian rules even in international waters.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

It’s called “Controlled Free Pratique”.  Federal regulations. The CDC can make continued compliance mandatory outside US waters for permission to re-enter US waters and disembark.  It’s the same reason they can mandate that airlines coming in from other countries require testing and masking in order to fly into US airports. 

Thanks guys for the responses. Any info out there about how this is going to be "policed" ? Is Royal going to hire extra people for this? Is the CDC going to put secret people on board and keep a tally? Will the CDC look at live video of the promenades'? I guess we could get answers in the coming days.

5 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

Thanks guys for the responses. Any info out there about how this is going to be "policed" ? Is Royal going to hire extra people for this? Is the CDC going to put secret people on board and keep a tally? Will the CDC look at live video of the promenades'? I guess we could get answers in the coming days.

From the CDC operations manual:

“As per the terms of the CSO, cruise ship operators, upon request, must make their properties and records available for inspection to allow CDC to ascertain compliance. Such properties and records include but are not limited to vessels, facilities, vehicles, equipment, communications, manifests, list of passengers, and employee and passenger health records. Inspections of cruise ships during simulated and restricted passenger voyages:

• May be conducted by CDC with or without prior notification to the cruise ship operator;
  • May be conducted by CDC through in-person or remote means;
  • Will be conducted by CDC during a portion of the simulated voyage or restricted passenger voyage;
  • May include CDC inspectors sailing on the simulated or restricted passenger voyage with prior notification to the cruise ship operator”
Edited by harkinmr

4 minutes ago, cruisinghawg said:

This post explains it pretty well:

Basically the captain is stating that the requirements have been met at the risk of criminal prosecution.  I suppose passengers could be interviewed, or passenger videos could be used, if there was some doubt.

4 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

These folks don't seem to be the least bit concerned on their cruise 2 weeks ago, I bet they would not say any money wasted here!  And everyone seems to be having a blast.  I'll go with that....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSLucnyiyhc

People eating dinner without masks on! The CDC would not approve of such deviant behavior.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

These folks don't seem to be the least bit concerned on their cruise 2 weeks ago, I bet they would not say any money wasted here!  And everyone seems to be having a blast.  I'll go with that....

Looked like a ghost ship. It sure didn't look fun to me. I wouldn't waste my money.

I'll wait for full opening. This ship looked so empty that I can't see how they could make any money.

1 hour ago, cruisinghawg said:

Probably have an officer responsible for CDC/covid compliance 

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

It looks wonderful to me!  They are at sea, no one is jostling them in the public spaces.  I'm misty just watching.  Can't wait to be aboard, with or without a mask.

The CDC guidelines are reasonable as a start.  A replay of thousands of passengers quarantined on ships is not acceptable.

IF, and it is a big IF, things go well then the CDC will hopefully relax some of the guidelines.

Besides the mask wearing take a look at some of the other items.  Like the need to immediately return to port if 75 people on a 5,000 pax ship come down with COVID.  No independent shore excursions.

Agreements with local housing and medical facilities to take all ill passengers.

If the cruise lines were smart they would require 98% passenger vaccination to reduce the chances of any outbreak on the ship and try to be profitable at 80% capacity to reduce ship congestion.

If a state doesn't allow vaccine requirements, just don't sail out of those ports.

28 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

A replay of thousands of passengers quarantined on ships is not acceptable.

A replay?  Never were there thousands of passengers quarantined.  A couple ships were quarantined, but only because they had nowhere to go since when this all started people thought covid was a lot more severe than it is.

Only 3 ships ever had more than 100 cases of covid among passengers.  And one of those was a small luxury ship.  That's damn impressive considering no one knew what was going on at the time, and that the CDC still uses those examples as to why cruising needs to be shut down.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

A full scale mismanaged situation to the highest degree. 

I just don't want to be on a ship and get caught up in another full scale mismanaged SNAFU. Right now I have little confidence in the CDC to make reasonable decisions.

• Like 3