Jump to content

Oceania Club credits wiped out, account at zero cruises


Recommended Posts

Somehow in the process of having my Aug. 29 Marina cruise cancelled, my Oceania Club account got zeroed out. I had sailed with Oceania 4 times prior,  all the previous voyages were listed, and now my account shows zero cruises. When I log onto my account it doesn't even show the account number. I went to edit the profile and there is no place to put I the O Club number.

 

I booked another Oceania cruise for December and this would be my fifth taking me to bronze and a few extra perks.

 

How do I get my account credit back? I did email Oceania, could take a while as I am sure it is not a priority.  

 

Speaking of cancelled cruises, I am going to have to wait 60 days for Oceania to return my $1500 deposit, money they have had since Nov. 2019. That is not right. I couldn't roll it over to the Sirena cruise as I used a different TA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So did you call Oceania? 800-531-5658 

I am sure is is a mistake and will be rectified. As for the refund, ask this question when you have a Cruise Specialist on the line. We have never had a problem rolling credits to future bookings or getting refunds. They say up to 60 days but I would expect less because it all relates to the number of requests to process, complexity and available staff to process them. Good Luck, we will sail again.🛳🙏🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Somehow in the process of having my Aug. 29 Marina cruise cancelled, my Oceania Club account got zeroed out. I had sailed with Oceania 4 times prior,  all the previous voyages were listed, and now my account shows zero cruises. When I log onto my account it doesn't even show the account number. I went to edit the profile and there is no place to put I the O Club number.

 

I booked another Oceania cruise for December and this would be my fifth taking me to bronze and a few extra perks.

 

How do I get my account credit back? I did email Oceania, could take a while as I am sure it is not a priority.  

 

Speaking of cancelled cruises, I am going to have to wait 60 days for Oceania to return my $1500 deposit, money they have had since Nov. 2019. That is not right. I couldn't roll it over to the Sirena cruise as I used a different TA.

Not sure this applies, but Saturdays seems to be a time when work takes place on the Oceania website. There’s been several threads where people write about account info, scheduled cruises, etc disappearing from their accounts. This could be what you’re experiencing. It seems to me the duration of this usually falls into 24 hours. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, alaskaca said:

Not sure this applies, but Saturdays seems to be a time when work takes place on the Oceania website. There’s been several threads where people write about account info, scheduled cruises, etc disappearing from their accounts. This could be what you’re experiencing. It seems to me the duration of this usually falls into 24 hours. 

I noticed this four days ago when I cancelled the Marina cruise and booked the Sirena cruise. It has been well more than 24 hours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, susiesan said:

I noticed this four days ago when I cancelled the Marina cruise and booked the Sirena cruise. It has been well more than 24 hours.

Yup, sounds like you have some issues....hope it is an easy and quick resolution for you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

So did you call Oceania? 800-531-5658 

I am sure is is a mistake and will be rectified. As for the refund, ask this question when you have a Cruise Specialist on the line. We have never had a problem rolling credits to future bookings or getting refunds. They say up to 60 days but I would expect less because it all relates to the number of requests to process, complexity and available staff to process them. Good Luck, we will sail again.🛳🙏🤞

Yes, I called Oceania. They told me they can see my past cruise credits, but I can't nor could my TA.

 

Because I did not book directly with Oceania and was using a different TA, the refund could not be rolled ahead. I had to give the TA for the Sirena cruise a new $1500 deposit. I am sure I will get the money back eventually, mine is not complicated as final payment had not been made. The refund just needs to go back on a credit card.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maybe they are working on the site

it is the weekend  you know

 

 O does not usually roll the refund over  AFAIK

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Yes, I called Oceania. They told me they can see my past cruise credits, but I can't nor could my TA.

 

Because I did not book directly with Oceania and was using a different TA, the refund could not be rolled ahead. I had to give the TA for the Sirena cruise a new $1500 deposit. I am sure I will get the money back eventually, mine is not complicated as final payment had not been made. The refund just needs to go back on a credit card.

I believe Oceania said it could take "up to 60 days" not that it would not be refunded for 60 days....we had out canceled cruise deposit back on our credit card in about a week....certainly acceptable amount of time.

So sorry you seem to be having so many issues with Oceania and so much angst about future Oceania cruises.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, basor said:

I believe Oceania said it could take "up to 60 days" not that it would not be refunded for 60 days....we had out canceled cruise deposit back on our credit card in about a week....certainly acceptable amount of time.

So sorry you seem to be having so many issues with Oceania and so much angst about future Oceania cruises.

It may come across as my having a beef with Oceania, but it is my number 1 or 2 favorite cruise line along with Windstar. Except for the occasional special cruise, like Alaska in 2019 with Princess, I have been sailing almost exclusively with one of these two companies for the last ten years. I have thoroughly enjoyed my past 4 O cruises and am so looking forward to the next one having been grounded from international travel now for the last year and a half. If I make it to Sirena in Dec. it will be almost 2 years since being on a ship. I am having cruise withdrawal pangs.🛳️

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s been like that for us for ages.  I can’t see my history, but the Oceania Club Ambassadors can and the record is accurate.  Every cruise we booked shows the appropriate level on the invoice.  I’ve asked that it be fixed ... several times.  Still waiting!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, susiesan said:

 

Speaking of cancelled cruises, I am going to have to wait 60 days for Oceania to return my $1500 deposit, money they have had since Nov. 2019. That is not right. I couldn't roll it over to the Sirena cruise as I used a different TA.

This could be a case where booking directly with Oceania is an advantage over booking with a TA.  Our cancelled March 2021 cruise was rebooked to the same cruise for March 2022 and the $1500 deposit was rolled over to the new cruise on the same day.  I had booked it directly with O. 

 

This cruise will also be our 5th so we're looking forward to a few perks that bronze offers. Sorry to hear you're having troubles and I hope you get it resolved soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

This could be a case where booking directly with Oceania is an advantage over booking with a TA.  Our cancelled March 2021 cruise was rebooked to the same cruise for March 2022 and the $1500 deposit was rolled over to the new cruise on the same day.  I had booked it directly with O. 

 

This cruise will also be our 5th so we're looking forward to a few perks that bronze offers. Sorry to hear you're having troubles and I hope you get it resolved soon. 

Perhaps two different scenarios.

 

1. Oceania cancelled our cruise last year and rolled our deposit over to an identical 2021 cruise.

 

2. Perhaps a different scenario when someone cancels a cruise themselves.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

This could be a case where booking directly with Oceania is an advantage over booking with a TA.  Our cancelled March 2021 cruise was rebooked to the same cruise for March 2022 and the $1500 deposit was rolled over to the new cruise on the same day.  I had booked it directly with O. 

 

The initial deposit made in 2019 for June 2020 Baltic cruise that was cancelled by O was rolled over to the rebooked Aug. 2021 Baltic cruise. This was done by the TA. You don't need to book directly with O to have this done. The only reason I couldn't roll the original $1500 ahead to the next cruise is I changed TA's. If I had stayed with the original TA the deposit on the Baltic cruise could have been rolled to the Caribbean cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Perhaps two different scenarios.

 

1. Oceania cancelled our cruise last year and rolled our deposit over to an identical 2021 cruise.

 

2. Perhaps a different scenario when someone cancels a cruise themselves.

 

It was 5-6 months ago when I called to rebook and Oceania had not cancelled it yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

It was 5-6 months ago when I called to rebook and Oceania had not cancelled it yet. 

That makes a difference  then

Your TA probably took care of it  & worked their magic with O  for a seamless transfer of your deposit

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

That makes a difference  then

Your TA probably took care of it  & worked their magic with O  for a seamless transfer of your deposit

I think they booked direct with O. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ORV said:

I think they booked direct with O. 

Yes, we booked direct. I called O in November and the cruise was cancelled in December.  It was an easy process to apply the deposit to March 2022.  All done with one phone call.

We knew it would be cancelled and wanted to rebook before the cabin category we wanted was waitlisted, which it was quickly afterwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We had a similar problem with previous cruises disappearing from the account. It turned out they had set up a new loyalty account when booking a new cruise, so we were looking at a new account. We contacted Oceania and they sorted it within a couple of weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2021 at 1:29 PM, LHT28 said:

maybe they are working on the site

it is the weekend  you know

 

 O does not usually roll the refund over  AFAIK

 

 

Our TA was able to have our deposit and shore excursion payments from our canceled September cruise transferred to our new booking in November. But we did not cancel, it was canceled, so that might make a difference?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cotto22 said:

. But we did not cancel, it was canceled, so that might make a difference?

 

probably that was the case

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

probably that was the case

She said she switched TA's so could not transfer deposit from a booking made by one TA to another booking made by another TA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, basor said:

She said she switched TA's so could not transfer deposit from a booking made by one TA to another booking made by another TA

I do not believe COTTO22  said they switched TA's ...or did I miss that part of their post 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I do not believe COTTO22  said they switched TA's ...or did I miss that part of their post 🤔

the original OP susieann stated:

 

Speaking of cancelled cruises, I am going to have to wait 60 days for Oceania to return my $1500 deposit, money they have had since Nov. 2019. That is not right. I couldn't roll it over to the Sirena cruise as I used a different TA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, basor said:

the original OP susieann stated:

 

Speaking of cancelled cruises, I am going to have to wait 60 days for Oceania to return my $1500 deposit, money they have had since Nov. 2019. That is not right. I couldn't roll it over to the Sirena cruise as I used a different TA.

I know it is hard to keep up 

  I was responding to COTTO22  you quoted my reply to them 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...