I am sorry for asking lots of questions - this is out first time with MSC.  I have looked on-line but I'm not very tech savvy and can't find the answers so I'm hoping one of you MSC regular cruisers will know.

I can see that you can buy an activity pass but can you 'pay as you go' on things like bowling, F1 simulator etc and (roughly) any idea of the costs?

Many thanks everyone for your help.

They used to have unlimited package for room.  That changed.  From US site, price varies based on ship and when purchased.  Buy online and get 50% credit or you can save 20% compared to onboard prices - asterisks.  The newer ships have the first option and older ships the second.

Check their site under 'onboard' then 'entertainment'.

Also, the newer ships have 4d vs older 3d shows whatever the difference, not sure.

We did 3d shows on Divinia and they were cool.  F1 was cool too but it kept breaking due to software.

Doing some more checking, it is pay as you go.  On US site, if you sign up for package, spend $100 get 50% credit.

No list of prices.  They do have a chart for ships as to what will let you get 50% credit if you spend money there.  Example,  Mera zipline, no credit, Seaside yes.

Thank you dexddd.  I don't  know if its because we're not used to the MSC ways but everything seems to be a bit all over the place.  A sign of the times I'm sure.

Having said that we're still so excited about our little holiday on Virtuosa, we just need the British weather to behave now!

15 minutes ago, Waju said:

Thank you dexddd.  I don't  know if its because we're not used to the MSC ways but everything seems to be a bit all over the place.  A sign of the times I'm sure.

Having said that we're still so excited about our little holiday on Virtuosa, we just need the British weather to behave now!

Welcome to the wacky world of MSC where nothing is as straightforward as it may seem but if you stay you get used to it. 

I started a thread about this the other day as we're thinking about purchasing the Fun Pass. It costs £72 and gives £140 credit onboard. Someone posted that they think the bowling is about £30 not sure of prices on other things.

49 minutes ago, sidari said:

Welcome to the wacky world of MSC where nothing is as straightforward as it may seem but if you stay you get used to it. 

Cruised with MSC many years ago. Doing a 7 day on the Divina Sep 5 2021. Price is super low and we got $200 OBC also. I must say. Their web site is terrible for finding out about anything specific. Other cruise line sites show you everything about your cruise. You can select a lot and see all your perks and your invoice. Unless there is a way to do it. I cannot find it. On the Divina. Anyone know about ice cream? Is soft serve complimentary or do you pay for it?

42 minutes ago, kernow said:

I started a thread about this the other day as we're thinking about purchasing the Fun Pass. It costs £72 and gives £140 credit onboard. Someone posted that they think the bowling is about £30 not sure of prices on other things.

Hi kernow, thats interesting - so is the £72 per cabin and then whoever is in the cabin can use the pass?

£30 for bowling 😲 I can hear the Yorkshire war cry from my husband 'how much' and he's not even from Yorkshire!!!

I'm wandering if 4 people can use a lane?  We're travelling with friends, so if it's £30 divided by 4 thats not too bad.

Thanks sidari, everything seems a bit whacky at the moment for sure.  We normally cruise on sedate P and O ships which is why I'm struggling to understand the MSC ways!

35 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Cruised with MSC many years ago. Doing a 7 day on the Divina Sep 5 2021. Price is super low and we got $200 OBC also. I must say. Their web site is terrible for finding out about anything specific. Other cruise line sites show you everything about your cruise. You can select a lot and see all your perks and your invoice. Unless there is a way to do it. I cannot find it. On the Divina. Anyone know about ice cream? Is soft serve complimentary or do you pay for it?

Its not the best website in the world is it?

Sorry can't help with the ice cream but I really hope it's complimentary - my waistline begs to differ though 😟

41 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Last time we sailed Divina it was available but only at certain times of the day, luckily we had the then Premium drink package which included the Gelato, no idea if that is still the case.

44 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The website is a vast improvement on a couple of years ago believe me.

34 minutes ago, Waju said:

Hi kernow, thats interesting - so is the £72 per cabin and then whoever is in the cabin can use the pass?

£30 for bowling 😲 I can hear the Yorkshire war cry from my husband 'how much' and he's not even from Yorkshire!!!

I'm wandering if 4 people can use a lane?  We're travelling with friends, so if it's £30 divided by 4 thats not too bad.

Not sure about the details on the bowling, someone just said they paid around £30.

I believe the fun pass is on one card but you can spend it on others in the cabin.

26 minutes ago, sidari said:

Last time we sailed Divina it was available but only at certain times of the day, luckily we had the then Premium drink package which included the Gelato, no idea if that is still the case.

I don't think the Gelato is included in the package anymore, it will be a big loss to me as I loved it.

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Not sure about the details on the bowling, someone just said they paid around £30.

I believe the fun pass is on one card but you can spend it on others in the cabin.

You can check this ship out here on CruiseCritic. I did and it shows $9.00 USD for a game. Got a ton of info I was looking for. great review. I also found out about the icecream. Self Serve soft serve from 2-5PM on the pool deck. kernow, FYI Gelato is not included. 

3 hours ago, kernow said:

I don't think the Gelato is included in the package anymore, it will be a big loss to me as I loved it.

A number of other items have been removed from the original, one being the Breakfast smoothies.

10 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You can check this ship out here on CruiseCritic. I did and it shows $9.00 USD for a game. Got a ton of info I was looking for. great review. I also found out about the icecream. Self Serve soft serve from 2-5PM on the pool deck. kernow, FYI Gelato is not included. 

Have you got a link please? Interesting that they have a review as the ship has not sailed yet!

8 hours ago, kernow said:

Have you got a link please? Interesting that they have a review as the ship has not sailed yet!

Here it is. You can also just enter MSC Divina when you long on to cruisecritic.

Select any topic and they cover it quite well.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=636

Hi,

We'll sail the Seashore on August 20th. Do you know if the Fun Pass gives you unlimited use of ativities onboard (zipline, bowling, etc) or there are a limited of use?

Thyanks,

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Xpto said:

Hi,

We'll sail the Seashore on August 20th. Do you know if the Fun Pass gives you unlimited use of ativities onboard (zipline, bowling, etc) or there are a limited of use?

Thyanks,

certainly in Europe it’s not unlimited, you pay a reduced amount for credit.  I.e. £72 for €140 credit, you then get to spend that credit based on prices similar to above.

I would be surprised if it was unlimited as there is only a couple of bowling alleys and F1 cars and I could see people just staying on them over and over.

Edited by rattla