We will be on Serenity for 2 weeks in July.   It's been awhile since we've sailed with Crystal.  I guess it could be different this year but does anyone know what the " house" Chsmpagne might be?  And will they deliver bottles to your room upon request? Just daydreaming......

Posted (edited)

Thanks Terry, and being a Californian I will pipe in that the house "sparkling wine" has been Roederer Brut from the Anderson Valley California.  It's a nice drink which I buy for myself at times at home.  It's also a nice winery to visit when going to the coast/Mendocino area!

Roederer Estate Brut 750ml

Edited by oakridger
Added info

Kwaj girl, please let us all know if these are still the offerings when you sail!  Have a wonderful cruise.

~Nancy

3 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Kwaj girl, please let us all know if these are still the offerings when you sail!  Have a wonderful cruise.

~Nancy

We board 7/10.  Will post for sure.  🥂

Posted (edited)

I should add they do sometimes serve an alternate champagne on embarkation day - the brand varies but I’ve seen Nicolas Feuillatte served 

I’ve never asked but I reckon they’d probably be able to get you a bottle of that for your room if you preferred it - probably a challenge to get it in the bars after embarkation day though 

and don’t even mention Prosecco which is also available - we don’t like that so I don’t know what brand of that they serve 

Edited by Stickman1990
11 hours ago, ryndam said:

Veuve in PH categories. Dom in the Crystal Penthouse.

62FCCD87-CC34-4134-8B23-30FC274A2284.jpeg

1B6E7AA3-2493-42C4-B277-DA04507100AB.jpeg

Those I like! Unfortunately no way we would cruise in PH or Crystal Penthouse. But Veuve Clicquot is served often at our home and Dom Perignon at special celebrations. We were not particularly fond of the Crystal House Champagne….

Ivi 

unless Crystal recently ( when was that ??? )  did change it : 

it was not Jacquart Mosaïque anymore but Jacquart Brut ( a sweeter taste as the M )

and in penthouses Charles Heidsick - what is complimentary on the Esprit 😁

and you must specify "French champagne " to receive the  Jacquart otherwise you are served the R Estate 

brut.png

1 hour ago, vistaman said:

it was not Jacquart Mosaïque anymore but Jacquart Brut ( a sweeter taste as the M )

and you must specify "French champagne " to receive the  Jacquart otherwise you are served the R Estate 

brut.png

I know you have mentioned it many times that they serve the sparkling wine instead of champagne unless you say French champagne, but I have never had that problem over many cruises on both ships ordering "champagne" many times. YMMV

Patty

as soon as they know you, you usually get what you did order  before ...

europeans are more "sensible " on those bubbles - sorry for that 

2 hours ago, vistaman said:

brut.png

Yes this happened to us also. We were served the sparkling wine instead of Champagne, for example on embarkation day. 
Ivi

I'll be following along with interest as i love a nice glass of bubbly. I'm not a fan of either of the Jacquarts but I suppose could choke down a few glasses.....(giggle!). I'm envious of the penthouses and their Clicquot as it's one of my favorites, but the extra cost of a penthouse would pay for lots of bubbly! I don't have to worry about the "Dom" as I don't care for it at all.  If I don't particularly like the bubbly being served, I'll just be forced to order cocktails....(OMG!!!). Such a first world problem!

Champagne is very personal ... 

I am not facing Crystal at all however some of the luxury lines do serve a rather"poor" brand  - mediocre is maybe a better word - as complimentary bubbles . 

Sometimes I am homesick to  the great days of the defunct Royal Viking ( not all in )  where a very generous glass of Mumm - 15 cl - was poared for 6 $ despite the fact on that company I learned to appreciate martini cocktails - not evident for an European in those days. ( 30 years ago ) 

58 minutes ago, vistaman said:

Champagne is very personal ... 

I am not facing Crystal at all however some of the luxury lines do serve a rather"poor" brand  - mediocre is maybe a better word - as complimentary bubbles . 

Sometimes I am homesick to  the great days of the defunct Royal Viking ( not all in )  where a very generous glass of Mumm - 15 cl - was poared for 6 $ despite the fact on that company I learned to appreciate martini cocktails - not evident for an European in those days. ( 30 years ago ) 

Sniff....I miss Royal Viking too! Was our first "luxury" line. My parents sailed the Star and the Sea quite often and we enjoyed many lovely Bon Voyage parties on board. Those have, unfortunately, gone the way of the dinosaur. Glad we had the pleasure to sail on that lovely line....

48 minutes ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

If you want the ultimate in Champagne, do the Champagne Brunch in the Vintage Room. 

That looks like a wonderful menu and pairing.  Was it priced the same as lunch in the Vintage Room or another amount?

1 hour ago, loriva said:

That looks like a wonderful menu and pairing.  Was it priced the same as lunch in the Vintage Room or another amount?

Oh..they probably won't have such an event "due to COVID-19 "  🙄

Well, things are getting back to normal.  Me, I'll be in a corner at the Cove, contentedly sipping a Cava if need be and quietly humming "It's a Wonderful World."

Also, I have no idea if Crystal even stocks a Cava.

Unfortunately the Champagne lunch was cancelled during my last 2 cruises  - last one in 2019🤢

even a shorter version at 75 $ did not attract more as 3 passengers 

my next possibility is only in May 2021 providing the Symphony can reach Europe - hopefully 

Crystal does vintage dinners on the river ships but no Champagne lunch I was told.  And none of those on the Esprit  of course.

The Champagne lunch is available on the Bahamas cruises. After seeing that menu that was posted above I probably won't participate because chicken breast doesn't really seem high end and is the last thing I would pick on a menu. I am sure there are others who will disagree.  To each his own I guess. 

The chicken is a feature, and not a bug...  The lunches (both champagne and regular) are supposed to be the "more accessible" alternative to the dinner options, at a fraction of the cost.  (The champagne lunch is less than half the cost, and the regular lunch is a third of the cost.)  

I totally agree, chicken rarely excites me (though I think the prep on this is excellent), so the dinners probably suit me better, but I do love that they have a less-expensive alternative for folks that want a similar experience at a lower price point.

Vince