Jump to content

When Will celebrity Cancel July?


Recommended Posts

Looking at the history on this Celebrity tends to announce a further month cancelation on or around the 8th of the month but I have heard nothing this time round. Clearly it will no longer be a full cancelation as we have Millennium, Flora, Silhouette and Apex all starting in June or July. (although I'm not convinced Apex will sail) But the fact that celebrity are making such a big thing about these restarts implies that there will be a further extension.

 

Any ideas appreciated

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have a lot to do to satisfy CDC and their plan for requiring adults to be vaccinated appears to run afoul of Florida's new anti vaccine passport law. Unless they can satisfy CDC AND find a loop hole in the Florida law....within... say the next few weeks... I don't see how any RCCL ships will sail out of Florida. I was hopeful and thought that the law pertained to intrastate businesses...but it appears that the intent is to cover cruises too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

And even if the cruise runs can we get to it?  Although things change quickly as a British citizen I’m not allowed in to the states yet and all the EU cruises would require a 10 day isolation on return!

 

ive almost written off this years Caribbean and infinity Italian cruises 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished a call with Celebrity and while I was on hold a message about July sailings played. It stated all July cruises were cancelled EXCEPT Millennium St. Maarten and Apex sailings. Hope this helps/

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ATXBecky said:

I just finished a call with Celebrity and while I was on hold a message about July sailings played. It stated all July cruises were cancelled EXCEPT Millennium St. Maarten and Apex sailings. Hope this helps/

Thant’s a great help.  Saves me handing over some more money!!  Still waiting for a refund from a cruise I cancelled in January!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ATXBecky said:

I just finished a call with Celebrity and while I was on hold a message about July sailings played. It stated all July cruises were cancelled EXCEPT Millennium St. Maarten and Apex sailings. Hope this helps/

I'm not quite sure what you heard, but we have 3 Edge cruises booked as a B2B2B in July (2) and Aug (1) directly with Celebrity and have not received any cancellations yet regarding the July cruises. You can also still book those cruises online, at least the July 24th one you can. However, all of the inside and oceanview cabins for all of the July and August Edge cruises have been marked at Sold Out for awhile now, but I'm assuming that's because their focusing on the Edge being at 50% capacity if it is allowed to sail as a restricted cruise.

 

In addition I just talked with our Celebrity PVP. He said they usually get at least 24 hour notice if a cruise is going to be cancelled before it's actually cancelled, and he hasn't heard anything. But if he hears anything, he will let us know. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATXBecky said:

I just finished a call with Celebrity and while I was on hold a message about July sailings played. It stated all July cruises were cancelled EXCEPT Millennium St. Maarten and Apex sailings. Hope this helps/

I reached out on FB to both Royal and Celebrity... Celebrity has not responded...but Royal said that they have not made any announcements about cancelling July. I know June was cancelled (ports out of US).. could you have misunderstood? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I heard wrong for all of you booked in July. If June is what was said I really hope that it is me hearing wrong because I want us all to get back to sea sooner than later!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, hcat said:

As final payment date passed?

Yep.

We booked and had to pay in full on April 19, for our July cruise.

Edited by C-Dragons
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kearney said:

While July hasn't officially been cancelled...this story on cruisecritic... asks the question... will cruising startup in August.....https://www.cruisecritic.com/ab/agents/variation-a/news/6105/

To be honest, I am so tired of hearing what NCLH (and FDR) is going to do, but then never does it. They have no Caribbean cruises currently on the books until September and no ships in the Florida vicinity for their crews to get vaccinated. So, where is their motivation to even submit a Phase 2A plan to get Phase 3 approval to go on a restricted voyage out of a US (Florida) port in July or August? And if they think they're going to get Canada to budge so they can cruise to Alaska later this summer, that's another fools errand. Sorry for the rant. But, as with everything, I guess time will tell and if our Edge cruises don't go, we'll load up the resulting FCCs on some of the other X cruises we have booked later on. 😎 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ATXBecky said:

I hope I heard wrong for all of you booked in July. If June is what was said I really hope that it is me hearing wrong because I want us all to get back to sea sooner than later!

Here's what's on the X website that was posted on Thursday, April 8th, 2021.

 

Celebrity Cruises announced today that it is extending the suspension of some sailings, including all sailings from the United States until June 30, while continuing its measured return to service with more sailings scheduled from different regions around the world.

 

While we continue to work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States and government authorities around the world, we have made the following adjustments to upcoming 2021 itineraries:

 

Suspending sailings through June 30

Excluding all ships which have recently announced many new homeports around the globe

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In the Summit August 15 Iceland and Greenland roll call, BlairsvilleCruiseGirl posted that the crew was vaccinated at Miami on May 6

Edited by gerelmx
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here's what's on the X website that was posted on Thursday, April 8th, 2021.

 

Celebrity Cruises announced today that it is extending the suspension of some sailings, including all sailings from the United States until June 30, while continuing its measured return to service with more sailings scheduled from different regions around the world.

 

While we continue to work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the United States and government authorities around the world, we have made the following adjustments to upcoming 2021 itineraries:

 

Suspending sailings through June 30

Excluding all ships which have recently announced many new homeports around the globe

 

But that was over a month ago!! We are looking for an upto date announcement.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears that with Royal they announce after you pay in full for the cruise- not fair to those who pay and are loyal cruisers.   You have to lay out the money or move.  If you get a refund- the prices for next year have increased at least 20 %.  Shame

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

 

But that was over a month ago!! We are looking for an upto date announcement.

I agree, but there is nothing newer, as I just checked again, posted on the X website. As I also stated earlier, my X PVP also checked and he has heard nothing from his superiors regarding any Celebrity cruise cancellations in July nor have we received any email cancellations regarding our 2 Edge cruises we have booked in July. So, as far as I can tell, the July cruises are still very much alive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I read that the cruise lines and CDC are meeting this week. Perhaps we will have an announcement after that... but I came across this video which goes through the requirements and discusses test cruises vs vaccinated cruises. I just don't see how any cruise can sale this summer... from US ports.  It is possible this fellow is incorrect... but if he is correct... it looks like CDC is determined to make cruising suck. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WCctivrwFI

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2021 at 11:00 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm not quite sure what you heard, but we have 3 Edge cruises booked as a B2B2B in July (2) and Aug (1) directly with Celebrity and have not received any cancellations yet regarding the July cruises. You can also still book those cruises online, at least the July 24th one you can. However, all of the inside and oceanview cabins for all of the July and August Edge cruises have been marked at Sold Out for awhile now, but I'm assuming that's because their focusing on the Edge being at 50% capacity if it is allowed to sail as a restricted cruise.

 

In addition I just talked with our Celebrity PVP. He said they usually get at least 24 hour notice if a cruise is going to be cancelled before it's actually cancelled, and he hasn't heard anything. But if he hears anything, he will let us know. 

 

Ken, I had a B2B booked on the Edge for 7/3 & 10 - when final payment was due, our TA was told that they "X" had cancelled our 7/10 because it was in violation of the CSO that limits the cruise length to 7 days through 11/1. We have received our refund for the original deposit. So - better check this out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

 

Ken, I had a B2B booked on the Edge for 7/3 & 10 - when final payment was due, our TA was told that they "X" had cancelled our 7/10 because it was in violation of the CSO that limits the cruise length to 7 days through 11/1. We have received our refund for the original deposit. So - better check this out.

Thanks. We checked on that with our X PVP last week after we got a positive feeling the Edge might be selected to go on Phase 4 restricted cruises (if approved by the CDC) starting in mid July. What caught our eye was when we saw they had marked the Inside and Oceanview cabins on all of the Edge July and August cruises as Sold Out, but didn't do the same on similar Equinox 7 day cruises.

 

Once we saw that and verified our same cabin was available on the 8/7 sail date, we contacted our X PVP of many years and he said they had not received any word that B2Bs would not be allowed on the Edge start-up restricted cruises like they had implemented on the St Maarten cruises. So we booked that cruise and we now have 7/24 & 7/31 & 8/7 booked which have been officially displayed as being hooked together on our confirmations. At least that's the situation now. Who knows, it may change. But at least we now have the same cabin booked on all 3 cruises.

 

Our guess is if COVID for some weird reason breaks out onboard and they have to return to port, folks living within driving range will be allowed to drive home and quarantine there while that option is not possible on cruises leaving out of St Maarten, Southampton or Athens. But that's just a guess and it all may change once the Edge actually gets the go ahead from the CDC.  🤞🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks. We checked on that with our X PVP last week after we got a positive feeling the Edge might be selected to go on Phase 4 restricted cruises (if approved by the CDC) starting in mid July. What caught our eye was when we saw they had marked the Inside and Oceanview cabins on all of the Edge July and August cruises as Sold Out, but didn't do the same on similar Equinox 7 day cruises.

 

Once we saw that and verified our same cabin was available on the 8/7 sail date, we contacted our X PVP of many years and he said they had not received any word that B2Bs would not be allowed on the Edge start-up restricted cruises like they had implemented on the St Maarten cruises. So we booked that cruise and we now have 7/24 & 7/31 & 8/7 booked which have been officially displayed as being hooked together on our confirmations. At least that's the situation now. Who knows, it may change. But at least we now have the same cabin booked on all 3 cruises.

 

Our guess is if COVID for some weird reason breaks out onboard and they have to return to port, folks living within driving range will be allowed to drive home and quarantine there while that option is not possible on cruises leaving out of St Maarten, Southampton or Athens. But that's just a guess and it all may change once the Edge actually gets the go ahead from the CDC.  🤞🤞

 

Our TA said that "X" cancelled the second half of our B2B automatically but only found out a final payment time. We didn't have the option of choosing 7/10 and that the refund had already been in processing. It is so frustrating when different people at "X" give different answers - very frustrating!!!!

 

I do hope that you get to go...............enjoy!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...