When Will celebrity Cancel July?

york survey

47 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Our TA said that "X" cancelled the second half of our B2B automatically but only found out a final payment time. We didn't have the option of choosing 7/10 and that the refund had already been in processing. It is so frustrating when different people at "X" give different answers - very frustrating!!!!

I do hope that you get to go...............enjoy!!!!!!

I agree. It does get frustrating. But, hopefully, Celebrity will process the Phase 2A plan for the Edge and get this show on the road!

I am so torn... We have a cruise booked with our mom out of St. M for Aug. 27.... I would really like to move it to out of Ft. Lauderdale (same date, different ports) but am hesitant.  Ports don't really matter to us, we have been around a time or two LOL, spending time with mom DOES matter.  It would be so much easier to leave from Florida... I just don't know! Should I change and hope we go from Ft. L or should I leave well enough alone and make the trek to St. M???

1 minute ago, SraLiz said:

I am so torn... We have a cruise booked with our mom out of St. M for Aug. 27.... I would really like to move it to out of Ft. Lauderdale (same date, different ports) but am hesitant.  Ports don't really matter to us, we have been around a time or two LOL, spending time with mom DOES matter.  It would be so much easier to leave from Florida... I just don't know! Should I change and hope we go from Ft. L or should I leave well enough alone and make the trek to St. M???

I personally doubt that Celebrity will be running cruises out of Port Everglades in August, so if you already have your booking (and flights?) I'd stick with your original plans to sail out of Sint Maarten.

If the trek to the island is a bit onerous and spending time with your mom is your priority, you might want to consider a land vacation instead of a cruise this time around.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, SraLiz said:

How stressed will you be while waiting to see if anything you book for August cancels from FLL? JMO but this year I would stick to St M and have a wonderful cruise with your mom from there 😊

For example, over on the Carnival board people supposedly sailing in July are posting that they have not been notified yet that their July cruises are cancelled, BUT when they check the Carnival website tool where you put in your ship and sailing date some are showing cancelled on there. Surprise! 

And now Lee Cruiser has posted this press release about Carnival's possible restart with 3 ships (notice the part about "still uncertainty" in those plans) with all their other sailings cancelled through July 31:

Screenshot_20210511-144932_Facebook.jpg

If you're exceptionally brave and can stand the unknown you can always go for an August FLL sailing. Just be prepared to continue to weather the storm of uncertainty - but if you stick with the sure thing (hopefully that one will sail from SXM), you'll know you'll be onboard!

Wishing you good luck and happy sailing whichever you choose!

2 hours ago, SraLiz said:

OK, the first thing IMHO in your decision making process is to understand what the Celebrity Cruise with Confidence rules are. So here's the link to familiarize yourself if you haven't already.

Flexible Cancellations & Best Price Guarantee | Celebrity Cruises

Second, let's for the sake of discussion assume the Edge will be allowed to launch Phase 4 restricted cruises out of Ft Lauderdale starting around the middle of July, well before your Aug 27 sailing out of St Maarten. After all, if Carnival is now saying they plan on doing it, I'm pretty confident Celebrity will be up to the task as well. They just haven't announced it for fear other folks like yourself will want to jump ship over to the Edge.

Carnival Cruise Line Eyes Three Ship July Cruising Strategy From U.S. Ports - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Now realizing under CwC "you have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use toward any sailing through September 30, 2022", you can plan to now safely cancel your existing StM cruise in plenty of time to book a potential Edge cruise out of FtL, if it gets approved by the CDC, and apply the FCCs from the canceled cruise.

So, as you can see there really is no rush to make the decision until you know for a fact the Edge will actually be sailing out of FtL on Aug 28th (or whatever date you decide on). Just remember the Inside and Oceanview cabins are currently marked as Sold Out to help reach the 50% capacity goal for a Phase 4 restricted sailing, so plan accordingly.

7 Nights Eastern Caribbean from Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Celebrity Cruises

Hope this helps.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Well friends.... I jumped ship! I moved us to the Aug. 21 sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on the Edge.  LOL    I am totally optimistic we will have a wonderful week and I will be back here to fill you in on all the fun we had.  If we don't sail,  we will head to the Gulf coast and have a great week with mom. (Fortunately, both my sister and I have vacation homes in Florida.) So either way, we will have a good time.  Thanks for your thoughts... I always appreciate them. 

Have a great day, the sun is shining here on our Old Kentucky Home and we are happy to see it!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SraLiz said:

Well friends.... I jumped ship! I moved us to the Aug. 21 sailing from Ft. Lauderdale on the Edge.  LOL    I am totally optimistic we will have a wonderful week and I will be back here to fill you in on all the fun we had.  If we don't sail,  we will head to the Gulf coast and have a great week with mom. (Fortunately, both my sister and I have vacation homes in Florida.) So either way, we will have a good time.  Thanks for your thoughts... I always appreciate them. 

Have a great day, the sun is shining here on our Old Kentucky Home and we are happy to see it!

Smart move - we have Allure of the Seas for mid-August............there's always hope.

On 5/11/2021 at 3:49 AM, Cruise a holic said:

It appears that with Royal they announce after you pay in full for the cruise- not fair to those who pay and are loyal cruisers.   You have to lay out the money or move.  If you get a refund- the prices for next year have increased at least 20 %.  Shame

I agree.  I am very disappointed in the way X has handled cancellation announcements as it truly does seem like a ploy to get more FP revenue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carnevale said:

I agree.  I am very disappointed in the way X has handled cancellation announcements as it truly does seem like a ploy to get more FP revenue.

We are (were?) loyal to Celebrity and Royal.  Also disappointed by how Royal and Celebrity have handled cancellations.  We are going to Cancun in August- perhaps we will prefer and AI at a luxury resort to cruising.  The cruise lines have given us an opportunity to experience this resort.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We’re booked on Infinity on July 11 from Venice.  With all the “good” news about Italy opening up for tourism, the imponderables are whether crew availability can be accomplished, and enough cabins sold to warrant sailing. A mock booking on a discount TA site shows very few S1 and S2 cabins sold, and all but two AQ cabins unsold. Maybe things will pick up, at least for US passengers with Delta just announcing 3x/week flights from JFK direct to VCE.  Requires negative Covid test not more than 3 days before travel, and the same in order to return from FCO, but vaccine rollout and administration here should lower the travel bar somewhat.

And yes, we made final payment April 9 without a clue from X, despite calls to obtain better info.  Sailing is still up on X’s site for booking, and the solicitations to purchase dining/spa/shore excursions continue hot and heavy.

I'm not sure why Summit doesn't have a good chance of going.  Bermuda is allowing cruise ships to homeport, and NJ should be OK with vaccine passports.  I have an official vaccine passport from NY state. 

2 hours ago, rch3 said:

We’re booked on Infinity on July 11 from Venice.  With all the “good” news about Italy opening up for tourism, the imponderables are whether crew availability can be accomplished, and enough cabins sold to warrant sailing. A mock booking on a discount TA site shows very few S1 and S2 cabins sold, and all but two AQ cabins unsold. Maybe things will pick up, at least for US passengers with Delta just announcing 3x/week flights from JFK direct to VCE.  Requires negative Covid test not more than 3 days before travel, and the same in order to return from FCO, but vaccine rollout and administration here should lower the travel bar somewhat.

And yes, we made final payment April 9 without a clue from X, despite calls to obtain better info.  Sailing is still up on X’s site for booking, and the solicitations to purchase dining/spa/shore excursions continue hot and heavy.

We’re on the same cruise as you. We’ve also called several times, but to no avail other than, if it isn’t cancelled, it is still going. 

With required full vaccination it will be difficult to get enough people to go. In Europe, where we are from, not every guest will have 2 vaccinations, especially the people under 50, who are slower to get their first and therefore their second shot. Even though my partner and I will be fully vaccinated, our daughter and partner might not be. If they are not allowed to go, with our two small granddaughters, we will cancel as well. But I hope to see you on the cruise though!😁

I notice that they still seem to be proceeding as if July is happening... and no resolution on vaccine passports or if any ships have provided whatever the CDC needs. Florida not only state with vaccine passport ban or considering one including TX and NJ. The question I have is how does the TX ban differ from Florida's... did they include some kind of carve out for cruising? I suspect that if Florida does not get the injunction that DeSantis will back off. I think he was trying to compel the CDE to treat cruising industry more consistent with others...eg hotels... but not sure he will get the injunction...and the lawsuit itself would take many months... So my prediction is that the judge will make his opinion known next week.. if he keeps things in place FL et al will find a way to allow cruising out of their ports...if Fl does get an injunction.. the problem is a mix of vaccinated an unvaccinated and who knows what rules will apply then... Personally I would prefer baby steps (it is just cleaner)... get started with the 95/98 rule and no masking for vaccinated.... and then add non vaccinated later in the year..Let the crew get back up to speed and learn the new protocols... don't throw too much at them after being unemployed for over a year. In some ways getting an injunction could slow things down... vs going the mostly vaccinated route.

I think Celebrity and Royal still plan on July and are waiting to see what happens this week.. Just my guess...without any knowledge..

The way policies have been changing 180 degrees overnight, it makes sense for cruise lines to hold off on cancellations.  They've been laying the groundwork by getting crews vaccinated, so the minute the blockades are removed they are ready to sail.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 10:19 AM, york survey said:

I tend to agree.  But only for equinox, eclipse, solstice, reflection, summit and infinity. The others have a good chance of going

You think Edge will go? We're ready to jump ship from Equinox to Edge the second they announce (if) the Equinox is canceled. We're in a pickle now because Equinox is paid for and we would have to pay for Edge right away, so just waiting for Celebrity to make a move. I'd be happy though because I'd "get" to upgrade from an inside to an Infinite Verandah (they're not selling inside or oceanview) and it would still be about $700 cheaper between two cabins that we have booked.

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The way policies have been changing 180 degrees overnight, it makes sense for cruise lines to hold off on cancellations.  They've been laying the groundwork by getting crews vaccinated, so the minute the blockades are removed they are ready to sail.

Really.   Are full crews on board?  Are those crews fully trained?

I certainly agree policies can change overnight and again later that week

I admit that I haven't been privy to the Executive meetings of the cruise lines, so I don't know their plans in detail.  But from what I have seen them do already, I feel confident that they do have plans in place and in progress.  But maybe you know more?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I admit that I haven't been privy to the Executive meetings of the cruise lines, so I don't know their plans in detail.  But from what I have seen them do already, I feel confident that they do have plans in place and in progress.  But maybe you know more?

I know the plans are complete using the rules as of today.  Most ships do not have a full or even half crew.  Just following the time line of 6-8 weeks after full crew is on board to resume cruises as stated in RCCL press conferences.   Thus I ask how do you get a full crew to the ships?  Cruiselines were forced to use ships to repatriate crew members.  In many countries in Asia and South America has anything improved?  Will ships be used to get crew members to the US?

FWIW - Might be most efficient as crewcould quarantine enroute to their crew stations.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Celebrity has promised an accurate and 100% up to date website some time before 2025.

Up to date and Celebrity website should not be used together.

You are always so positive 🙄

5 hours ago, kearney said:

I notice that they still seem to be proceeding as if July is happening... and no resolution on vaccine passports or if any ships have provided whatever the CDC needs. Florida not only state with vaccine passport ban or considering one including TX and NJ. The question I have is how does the TX ban differ from Florida's... did they include some kind of carve out for cruising? I suspect that if Florida does not get the injunction that DeSantis will back off. I think he was trying to compel the CDE to treat cruising industry more consistent with others...eg hotels... but not sure he will get the injunction...and the lawsuit itself would take many months... So my prediction is that the judge will make his opinion known next week.. if he keeps things in place FL et al will find a way to allow cruising out of their ports...if Fl does get an injunction.. the problem is a mix of vaccinated an unvaccinated and who knows what rules will apply then... Personally I would prefer baby steps (it is just cleaner)... get started with the 95/98 rule and no masking for vaccinated.... and then add non vaccinated later in the year..Let the crew get back up to speed and learn the new protocols... don't throw too much at them after being unemployed for over a year. In some ways getting an injunction could slow things down... vs going the mostly vaccinated route.

I think Celebrity and Royal still plan on July and are waiting to see what happens this week.. Just my guess...without any knowledge..

Texas ban doesn't apply to organizations that work or have contracts with the state of Texas.  So cruise lines will be fine there.  Even if the CDC gets the no sail order revoked, which I don't think they will.  The CDC can still make the guidelines and they will be pretty harsh.  They will still need port agreements, they will need lodging ready in case a ship needs to be quarantined, you will need masks probably all over the ship. The CDC has always had the ability to make the rules.

8 hours ago, cscurlock said:

Texas ban doesn't apply to organizations that work or have contracts with the state of Texas.  So cruise lines will be fine there.  Even if the CDC gets the no sail order revoked, which I don't think they will.  The CDC can still make the guidelines and they will be pretty harsh.  They will still need port agreements, they will need lodging ready in case a ship needs to be quarantined, you will need masks probably all over the ship. The CDC has always had the ability to make the rules.

Thanks I had heard that the TX ban was different. Looks like NJ's might still be under discussion.

15 hours ago, kearney said:

I suspect that if Florida does not get the injunction that DeSantis will back off.

The law (Senate Bill 2006) that the Florida legislature passed enacting the Governor's previous executive order doesn't appear to permit the Governor to waive the prohibition against requiring vaccination documentation.  So, if the court doesn't agree with Florida's position (which I agree is the likely outcome), then it may take subsequent legislation to allow the cruise lines operating out of Florida to verify vaccination status.