When Will celebrity Cancel July?

york survey

9 minutes ago, jgmorgan said:

The law (Senate Bill 2006) that the Florida legislature passed enacting the Governor's previous executive order doesn't appear to permit the Governor to waive the prohibition against requiring vaccination documentation.  So, if the court doesn't agree with Florida's position (which I agree is the likely outcome), then it may take subsequent legislation to allow the cruise lines operating out of Florida to verify vaccination status.

Well isn't that a nice pickle. Could the cruise lines accept passengers from other states with vaccine info and not accept Florida residents? Or could they go to court to see if Florida law oversteps interstate commerce? Just wondering a way around this....Cause if you are correct win or lose cruises not likely to happen in July or August, for that matter... Glad I am sailing out of Nassau.

58 minutes ago, kearney said:

Well isn't that a nice pickle. Could the cruise lines accept passengers from other states with vaccine info and not accept Florida residents? Or could they go to court to see if Florida law oversteps interstate commerce? Just wondering a way around this....Cause if you are correct win or lose cruises not likely to happen in July or August, for that matter... Glad I am sailing out of Nassau.

The cruise lines could probably port in Florida but not embark from there.  Under the Interstate Commerce clause, Congress likely has the ability to override Florida law impacting cruise operations (I believe cruise lines sailing from U.S. ports are interstate commerce, even if they only visit foreign ports) but it probably would take Congressional action to do so.

The cruise lines have a very strong incentive to figure something out, thus the recent activity around CDC mandated test cruises.  They are obligated through leases and other guaranteed payment arrangements to makes millions of dollars in payments to the Port of Miami, Port Everglades, etc. irrespective of whether or not cruises take place.

As we plan for our January 2022 cruises from Port Everglades, we will leave plenty of room in the suitcase for a good supply of masks.😷

1 minute ago, york survey said:

ALL July Cruises showing "SOLD OUT" online!  Web site problem or is July being pulled? 

Personal website problem? Just checked and all Edge and Equinox sailings out of FLL can still be booked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, york survey said:

ALL July Cruises showing "SOLD OUT" online!  Web site problem or is July being pulled? 

I just checked and cruises for July to the Caribbean  are still open online.

Edited by C-Dragons

45 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Usually that means that they will cancel soon.  

Or the website is being updated or the website has crashed or something else.  A Magic 8 Ball would be as accurate. 

As for cancelations - would guess more cancelations about June 8th.

6 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Or the website is being updated or the website has crashed or something else.  A Magic 8 Ball would be as accurate. 

The Magic 8 Ball is the gold standard for predicting the future.  Nothing is more accurate.

Until ships really begin to sail again, anything can happen.  On another line, my August cruise got canceled about 3 weeks ago.  There are many people waiting to see what happens when ship sail.  After my last cruise stuck at sea March 2020, not ready for that experience.  Hope that all is good when ships sail.  Would like to travel again.

1 hour ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Personal website problem? Just checked and all Edge and Equinox sailings out of FLL can still be booked. 

Interesting. Maybe X is only going to allow fully vaccinated US residents to sail on the start-up restricted cruises in July and August? @york surveycan you see them yet?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Interesting. Maybe X is only going to allow fully vaccinated US residents to sail on the start-up restricted cruises in July and August? @york surveycan you see them yet?

Oh wow, didn't notice they were from the UK. That could be telling!

Edited by AbbyCruiser45

My 7/03 Edge cruise is still scheduled; HOWEVER, I am booked in a solo infinite veranda and there are NO MORE available until September. I wonder why they are removing solo cabins from inventory? I also wonder if that means they will move the people that are booked in the solo verandas.

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I think a more interesting question would be are there any UK or Canadian folks that are reading this thread able to "book" any July 2021 cruises on either Edge or Equinox out of Ft Lauderdale on the Celebrity websites they look at or are they all marked SOLD OUT as @york surveymentioned earlier?

No problem with either the Canadian or UK websites.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, George C said:

I took the money from our Edge in April that was canceled to book millennium, still want to sail the Edge.

This will, hopefully, be our third time sailing on Edge. I hope you enjoy her as much as we did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

This will, hopefully, be our third time sailing on Edge. I hope you enjoy her as much as we did.

I could not afford my royal suite on the edge but I got it for under 5k per person on millennium.

On 5/10/2021 at 4:00 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

.......and if our Edge cruises don't go, we'll load up the resulting FCCs on some of the other X cruises we have booked later on. 😎 

Question kind of off topic....if your cruise is cancelled after FP, and you elect FCC to be applied to a future cruise the following year (not within a 4 week window) , will your OBC's follow you to the new cruise or do they somehow increase a % as with the cruise credit FCC or are they lost?  Sorry for the run on sentence but one thought led to another.  🤨

Edited by Oceangoer2

12 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Question kind of off topic....if your cruise is cancelled after FP, and you elect FCC to be applied to a future cruise the following year (not within a 4 week window) , will your OBC's follow you to the new cruise or do they somehow increase a % as with the cruise credit FCC or are they lost?  Sorry for the run on sentence but one thought led to another.  🤨

My best answer would be to look at the Celebrity FAQs. There are quite a few Q & A's regarding this issue under PCP Refund Options for Suspended Sailings

Canceled Sailings, Cruise With Confidence & More | Celebrity Cruises

I know on our canceled cruise last year we got separate coupons for our cruise fare and for the cash we spent to reserved excursions in advance. In both cases we received 125% for the funds we had laid out for the cruise.

Edited by Ken the cruiser