OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

54 minutes ago, Diamond Dandy said:

Watching all the cancellation news as are all of you.

We have a new wrinkle on all of this. Anxiously awaiting a decision on August cruises, as we are booked on Allure 8/29. Hopefully that will be an August decision even though much of the cruise actually occurs in September. 

Once that is decided we go through it all again due to our B2B booking on 9/5. There is even the possibility of a “No” for August and a “Yes” for September, although everything remains a “Maybe” for now.

I understand, we have the same concern for our Symphony B2B that starts 8/29.  

1 hour ago, BigRoger said:

Purely speculation but I fear passengers may need to adjust thinking re cancellations….

RC I think see themselves as a company now moving into sailing and not cancelling…. accordingly I fear they are going to move to (only) fulfil their commitment to let people know a minimum of 30 days before each sailing whether it is cancelled.

It becomes a rolling programme of cancelling ship by ship and sailing by sailing rather than month by month…

as said just speculation…. Hope I’m wrong…

If they want to play that game, it's very hard to plan for a vacation that way, getting air flights, time off for work when a vacation might not happen, hotels rooms, car rentals etc.

It's a huge thing to organize.

I just say  we all just cancel the cruise under the CWC, but wait until about 48 hours before the sailing so we can still get a FCC and then the cruiseline will have a hard time filling those cabins you just canceled.

If enough of that happens they may change to be more customer friendly.

• Like 2

Thanks to all for their perspective on this MESS since my original post on this topic.  Here it is less than 60 days till my July 9 cruise on the Oasis out of Bayonne.  Still no info from the Cruise Line.  Can't check in, final payment has been made on 3 cabins...COME ON RCCL either cancel already, or announce that the cruise is a go.  Would like to make other plans for our Family Vacation, but being held in limbo...Hopefully answers will be coming by the end of this week.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Coochuck said:

Thanks to all for their perspective on this MESS since my original post on this topic.  Here it is less than 60 days till my July 9 cruise on the Oasis out of Bayonne.  Still no info from the Cruise Line.  Can't check in, final payment has been made on 3 cabins...COME ON RCCL either cancel already, or announce that the cruise is a go.  Would like to make other plans for our Family Vacation, but being held in limbo...Hopefully answers will be coming by the end of this week.  

I thought for sure we would have heard by Friday or yesterday. So frustrating. We are the cruise after you. 😞

• Like 1

54 days out from sailing.

Everything is full price in cruise planner.

Check-in not available.

Have a secondary date that would work in September but we are getting strung along waiting for a July announcement.

19 minutes ago, jpurdy said:

I thought for sure we would have heard by Friday or yesterday. So frustrating. We are the cruise after you. 😞

On the blog that shall not be named, there was an article yesterday that the head of Royal was expecting new guidance from the CDC by the end of this week and they were holding back on sending things out to customers until that goes out.

There are behind the scenes talk happening now. To me, the silence isn't bad news, it just means they are figuring it out. Frustrating of course, but hopefully by end of this week more clarity will come out.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Meanwhile...........we're just goin campin

I built a covid pool 😉 got through about 85% of the final landscaping last weekend.  I've still got some bare spots that I can't do anything with until after the fence guy does his thing.  

Ohh wait....are we supposed to be talking about cruising 😉

187450551_10219108280042879_3579819651318434821_n.jpg

186537399_10219113799620865_6969383992883684951_n.jpg

187053743_10219119840811891_2317343643316458087_n.jpg

185363125_10219085083942991_8489442658783017191_n.jpg

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

Check-in not available.

Have a secondary date that would work in September but we are getting strung along waiting for a July announcement.

I am sailing out of Nassua in August and in the old world would have been able to check in already as well....but check in is not open yet.  I 'suspect' one of the reasons for later than normal check in process is two fold issue of

1. Actually needing to figure out a way to have time enforced boarding windows/process and messaging around it

2. Updates/tweaks/changes to the sailing T&C that we will need to agree to (and the situation is very fluid)

Doesn't excuse the LACK of update/cancellations for US based starts that I think we all feel like are going to happen to July, but could be part of the reason.  As I said before, the lack of certainty is why I moved my Late July Oasis to Early August Adventure.  The ship is cheaper to sail on and the price difference covered airfare and also a small refund over all......and it remains an option for all those on pins and needles for Oasis in July to just lift and shift it now.

Well said and I'm aware there are so many cogs to get this going. It's is the stringing along that is driving me nuts, my kids only have 8 weeks of summer and I have to plan how each week is gonna work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It was reported that Carnival is in direct discussions with the CDC for a July restart:

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/carnival-cruise-line-active-discussions-cdc-return-sailing-july-n1267707

I saw that on the news yesterday, which caused more frustration on my part.  Would be nice if RCCL would make some kind of a similar statement that Carnival did...the lack of noise coming out is frustrating.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

What are they going to do if they have a full ship and it sails.  Wont they have to halve the number of passengers.

It all depends if CDC imposes capacity limits. 

Frustrating for all..CDC has no jurisdiction outside of the US and we are just like our American friends waiting on news for European cruises july onwards. Again money invested in flights, hotels etc......and nothing from RCL.

Covid is not an excuse for poor communication............unless you count the constant offer emails 🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ToroAzul said:

Check-in not available.

I wouldnt move to a sept date. I'd move further out, maybe after nov 1st when cso expires.

Most are just as worried about sept as july or august. Out of the pan into the fire. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dodgestang said:

I built a covid pool 😉 got through about 85% of the final landscaping last weekend.  I've still got some bare spots that I can't do anything with until after the fence guy does his thing.  

Ohh wait....are we supposed to be talking about cruising 😉

185363125_10219085083942991_8489442658783017191_n.jpg

One awesome area, you're a master!

From Rick Scott

Following my repeated calls for clear guidance and timeline for cruise resumptions, I was glad to see the CDC finally issue updated guidance in April 2021, allowing the cruise industry to resume sailing out of U.S. ports by July 2021. This new guidance from the CDC is a welcome change in course that will provide desperately needed clarity for so many families and employers in Florida and across the nation. However, I will not let up. The CDC has treated America’s cruise industry terribly over the past year and I will continue my fight to hold the CDC accountable and make sure we reach a quick and equitable solution that keeps people safe and protects jobs in Florida and across the nation.

• Haha 1

44Days to go  ......Our Oasis July 9th cruise is only 44 days out.   Royal has not canceled, or allowed online check in.  They know and I know they will cancel....From a Corporate Point of view....this is very unfair to their customers.....rather than stringing so many people along...get off the horse and commit to sail or no sail!!!

Royal should delay final payment unless they know 100% they are or are not sailing. This is a disgraceful way to run a business. 

They should held liable for incidental losses due to negligence also.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

Royal should delay final payment unless they know 100% they are or are not sailing. This is a disgraceful way to run a business. 

They should held liable for incidental losses due to negligence also.

We had to make final payment for a 11th July cruise with RC.

RC seem to think that people are just into it for the cruise fare when planning a cruise holiday.

Many people have booked flights, hotels, airb&bs, activities and trips for the weeks either side of their cruise as they are not even from the place where the cruise is leaving.

Theses things all cost money and must be cancelled, losing deposits etc, if not cancelled within 60 days of the booking.  So what do you do cancel everything else and cruise goes ahead, or keep everything else and have a hole in the middle if the cruise doesnt go ahead.

Its shocking behavior from RC.

We will lose money on other things we have booked before and after the cruise if it doesnt go ahead now.

And today I have to make a decision to cancel whatever else I can cancel around it or i lose that money too.  But we will lose money at this point no matter what we do, thanks to RC.

All the while, RC could have confirmed whether or not the cruise is going ahead, but wouldnt.

So after their behavior im afraid our almost 20 years of cruising multiple times per year with RC must come to an end.

We will find someone else to cruise with from now on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

Its shocking behavior from RC.

Not really, customers faced the same issues with a cancelation pre-COVID and RCI typicaly provided even less compensation.