Celebrity Captains Club Elite

irsavy

6 minutes ago, irsavy said:

Now that Celebrity has a drink package included in all their bookings of what value is the Captains Club happy hour unlimited complimentary drink

benefit?

Not all bookings will necessarily include drinks. Celebrity says "Simply Sail will offer a cruise-only rate for select sailings within 90 days of departure." No one yet knows which sailings would be selected.

So if you get book Simply Sail, this should apply:

Elite members and above that do not sail with Always Included can continue to enjoy unlimited drinks from the Captain’s Club menu daily from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at bars and lounges throughout the ship. 

As more and more members start to sail with Always Included which includes drinks, we’ll be introducing new events for Elite members.  More will be announced in 2021 so stay tuned.

I am not sure if all drinks offered during the happy hour would fall under the Classic Drink Package or not. Possibly the happy hour might have some drinks available for Elites that would not have been available otherwise? 

And more events may be introduced. So there's potential for some value, for some people, maybe.

21 minutes ago, irsavy said:

Now that Celebrity has a drink package included in all their bookings of what value is the Captains Club happy hour unlimited complimentary drink

benefit?

The AI maybe only temporary (?). Glad there are other benefits/perks to go along with being elite and above. 🍻

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, irsavy said:

benefit?

I'll still be in the Sky Lounge, you can still stop by and have a drink with me.  😀 

25 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'll still be in the Sky Lounge, you can still stop by and have a drink with me.  😀 

If the Sky Lounge continues to be reserved for Elite Happy Hour, that is a venue I enjoy despite having a drinks package because it's a good way to mingle with fellow cruisers. So I look forward to meeting you there Mr. or Mrs. Pee instead of the pool!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

If the Sky Lounge continues to be reserved for Elite Happy Hour, that is a venue I enjoy despite having a drinks package because it's a good way to mingle with fellow cruisers. So I look forward to meeting you there Mr. or Mrs. Pee instead of the pool!

For now, X says "The cocktail hour will no longer take place in the lounge. Now, you’ll be able to enjoy unlimited drinks from the Captain’s Club menu daily from 5pm to 7pm at bars and lounges throughout your ship."

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

For now, X says "The cocktail hour will no longer take place in the lounge. Now, you’ll be able to enjoy unlimited drinks from the Captain’s Club menu daily from 5pm to 7pm at bars and lounges throughout your ship."

Is that for  all ships?

That would please some but disappoint others who prefer a less crowded place for  cocktails.....and usually great views,

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

Removing the Happy Hour saves them money. Don't need to pay for staff or entertainment. I will miss meeting other passengers in the Sky Lounge. To me its more social than about drinking. But I understand why Celebrity is taking this step at this time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

It really doesn't matter, I still like to have my pre-dinner drinks in the Sky Lounge.  So I'll be there mingling with other Elite members or any other friendly cruisers.

I admit this is downright silly. 

I've been looking forward to that happy hour, now that I have enough CC points to attend. When I have been invited to the Sky Lounge for various events, they've had delicious prosciutto-wrapped melon appetizers. I could make a meal of those things, even though I normally do not care for honeydew nor cantaloupe. 

Doing away with the happy hour not only allows Celebrity to otherwise deploy the crew members who pass the appetizers, but keeps me from eating a whole tray of them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Is that for  all ships?

That would please some but disappoint others who prefer a less crowded place for  cocktails.....and usually great views,

Yes, it appears moving happy hour out of the lounge and spreading it across all bars and lounges applies to all ships. Their wording suggests this may be permanent, but other events may get scheduled, and all is subject to change. I love the Sky Lounge and will spend a good amount of time there anyway.

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I admit this is downright silly. 

I've been looking forward to that happy hour, now that I have enough CC points to attend. When I have been invited to the Sky Lounge for various events, they've had delicious prosciutto-wrapped melon appetizers. I could make a meal of those things, even though I normally do not care for honeydew nor cantaloupe. 

Doing away with the happy hour not only allows Celebrity to otherwise deploy the crew members who pass the appetizers, but keeps me from eating a whole tray of them. 

You may not get the appetizers but the opportunity to have a drink with me is priceless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

My guess would be that X is keeping the " Always included policy". Which in matter of fact makes the whole Loyality programm no longer so desireable. The perks are watered down- the only really nice perks can see is the priority boarding and so such things. I was so looking forward to use my 240 minutes of free internet- and now they are no longer required. LOL. So I will enjoy my free laundry bags- was it one or two- I forgot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

My guess would be that X is keeping the " Always included policy". Which in matter of fact makes the whole Loyality programm no longer so desireable. The perks are watered down- the only really nice perks can see is the priority boarding and so such things. I was so looking forward to use my 240 minutes of free internet- and now they are no longer required. LOL. So I will enjoy my free laundry bags- was it one or two- I forgot.

You can still drink with me.  I'll even buy. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Until cruising restarts and things move past the restrictions to get cruising restarted it is impossible to know what Captains Club benefits will still exist, what benefits may be permanently eliminated and what may be added.  

I don’t know of any venues that would allow a gathering of 200-800 people in the space of the Sky Lounge at this time.  In fact the change to allow the CC Happy hour drinks at most bars occurred long before Covid to reduce the crush in the Sky Lounge and respond to those who didn’t want to have to go to the Sky Lounge but preferred other bars for Happy Hour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

So I will enjoy my free laundry bags- was it one or two- I forgot.

You may not even need that, as most cruises won’t exceed 7 days.

If I remember correctly it’s one laundry bag per person if you are Elite, but that was on cruises over 12days.

25A75574-F46A-4D4F-BAB8-55895A50552F.png

Edited by upwarduk
To add chart.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

You may not even need that, as most cruises won’t exceed 7 days.

If I remember correctly it’s one laundry bag per person if you are Elite, but that was on cruises over 12days.

I thought it's one bag for Elite (I know I've used it on my 7 day Caribbean cruises), with a discounted second bag on cruises over 12 days.  Maybe Elite + gets the second bag free over 12 days (not sure).

• Like 1

Another perk I hope stays is priority tendering. Not concerned about priority boarding as there've been times when we are sent to the "next available" agent due to shorter wait times to check-in.

Laundry is great!

• Like 1