Jump to content

July/August Cancellations are Imminent


Recommended Posts

Thanks for the update. We are on the California coastal, Ruby, sailing September 11.  Our final payment is May 29th. Sure would like an update about that sailing before final payment. A tough time for all involved. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

Thanks for sharing.  Doesn’t it look like the August 21 cruise will be the first one allowed or is that just hopeful thinking on my part?

We were on the August 21 Ruby  and it was cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing not clear to me is if you are booked through a travel agency, do you work through the agency to select which option you want (refund, FCC, or replacement cruise) or does everyone fill out the Princess online form?  (perhaps the answer will be in the Princess email about the cancellation but we haven't received that yet but of course, they have thousands of emails to go out)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well darn. Guess I’ll be canceling our bookings for early September. I don’t really want to be on one of the very first cruises. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

One thing not clear to me is if you are booked through a travel agency, do you work through the agency to select which option you want (refund, FCC, or replacement cruise) or does everyone fill out the Princess online form?  (perhaps the answer will be in the Princess email about the cancellation but we haven't received that yet but of course, they have thousands of emails to go out)

 

If you look at the form, you can do this all by yourself, or you can wait for your TA to do it.

It took me just a few seconds to fill out, so i did it myself and saved my TA the trouble.

You don't even have to wait for an email from Princess to make your choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruising j’s ....key word is “ through” as in “ included”. Hope you find a nice replacement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CruisingJs said:

Which ship?  We are booked on an August 21 coastal cruise but haven’t received a cancellation notice.

On the Ruby? It has been cancelled. We have not received our cancellation notice from Princess either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nini said:

On the Ruby? It has been cancelled. We have not received our cancellation notice from Princess either.

I just talked to my TA.  She verified it is cancelled.  Emails should be going out tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

One thing not clear to me is if you are booked through a travel agency, do you work through the agency to select which option you want (refund, FCC, or replacement cruise) or does everyone fill out the Princess online form?  (perhaps the answer will be in the Princess email about the cancellation but we haven't received that yet but of course, they have thousands of emails to go out)

Our TA did it. Unfortunately, you can  not specify your desired cabin for the new booking. Princess is supposed to book you in an available cabin of your category.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

I just talked to my TA.  She verified it is cancelled.  Emails should be going out tomorrow.

I am sure Princess has tons of e-mails to send out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

 

If you look at the form, you can do this all by yourself, or you can wait for your TA to do it.

It took me just a few seconds to fill out, so i did it myself and saved my TA the trouble.

You don't even have to wait for an email from Princess to make your choice.

 

I figured I could do it myself but I want to make sure that my TA will still get credit and commission for the replacement cruise. I would assume that that would be true but it is Princess we’re talking about. Anyway, I will be talking  to my TA tomorrow as we have a cruise that is still available for this fall we want to book.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grammy J said:

Thanks for the update. We are on the California coastal, Ruby, sailing September 11.  Our final payment is May 29th. Sure would like an update about that sailing before final payment. A tough time for all involved. 

You might be able to get an extension on final payment. I put a hold on that cruise a few days ago. Princess used my FCCs for cruise fare and gave me till July 13 to make final payment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Elkins45 said:

The earliest cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale now listed on the Princess website are in November.

Los Angeles is showing as August.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, voljeep said:

Is this something new

 

Example - cancelled 7 day Caribbean cruise July and August 2021

 

replacement cruise price protected  " ANY " 7 day Caribbean cruise ....

 

 

It is interesting. When our AK cruise was cancelled, I was told by a Princess rep that my cruise would be rebooked into 2022 with the same or similar date. Later I found out that he was in error and we did not get that option UNLESS the cruise was paid in full. We received the option of FCC or refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had 3 Princess cruises cancelled (July 5, 31 and August 7).

 

Sigh.... not unexpected, but disappointing, all the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

 

I'm a bit shocked that July Alaska voyages weren't included in this roundup.

 

10 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

But the Alaska cruises are still on?  That's a surprise but I would be shocked if our August 8th cruise is a go.

 

 

"Princess continues its discussion with various United States and Canadian government officials to try to preserve a portion of the Alaska 2021 cruise season."

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Nov. Med + TA Enchanted cruise is canceled, not surprised or upset.  I'm not sure I would have paid my final payment, as things didn't seem to be going well.  There is so much involved, so many issues, different rules for every country, I can't even imagine what it is taking for cruise lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, susancruzs said:

My Nov. Med + TA Enchanted cruise is canceled, not surprised or upset.  I'm not sure I would have paid my final payment, as things didn't seem to be going well.  There is so much involved, so many issues, different rules for every country, I can't even imagine what it is taking for cruise lines.

I would think there would be cruises from Southampton in November. Where did the Enchanted start from?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I would think there would be cruises from Southampton in November. Where did the Enchanted start from?

I wonder if part if the issue is passengers actually getting to the cruise? I'm in Canada and, even if my August cruise from LA HAD sailed, I wouldn't have been able to go since Canada is "essential travel" only right now (not to mention the hoops to jump through just to get back in). It really is depressing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I would think there would be cruises from Southampton in November. Where did the Enchanted start from?

She has not even sailed yet!  Still waiting for her inaugural cruise.  I think she’s in Greece at the moment, but things change very rapidly, so who knows where she’ll end up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I would think there would be cruises from Southampton in November. Where did the Enchanted start from?

Sky is doing a couple of cruises from Southampton in October, after the Seacation cruises. We are on the 14 day Med cruise departing October 22nd.  At present, after that cruise returns to Southampton on November 5th, Sky immediately does a TA.  

I wonder if, depending on how things are looking in a few months time, if Princess will decide to leave her in Europe over the winter months, and schedule a new raft of Med or Canary cruises.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I thought Greece was allowing cruising. 

Even if Greece allows cruising, there is the problem that many countries,  including the UK at the moment, demand that you quarantine on return from Greece, plus undergo various tests. Not exactly conducive to attracting customers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...