July/August Cancellations are Imminent

Thanks for the update. We are on the California coastal, Ruby, sailing September 11.  Our final payment is May 29th. Sure would like an update about that sailing before final payment. A tough time for all involved. 

41 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

Thanks for sharing.  Doesn’t it look like the August 21 cruise will be the first one allowed or is that just hopeful thinking on my part?

We were on the August 21 Ruby  and it was cancelled.

One thing not clear to me is if you are booked through a travel agency, do you work through the agency to select which option you want (refund, FCC, or replacement cruise) or does everyone fill out the Princess online form?  (perhaps the answer will be in the Princess email about the cancellation but we haven't received that yet but of course, they have thousands of emails to go out)

Well darn. Guess I’ll be canceling our bookings for early September. I don’t really want to be on one of the very first cruises. 

15 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

One thing not clear to me is if you are booked through a travel agency, do you work through the agency to select which option you want (refund, FCC, or replacement cruise) or does everyone fill out the Princess online form?  (perhaps the answer will be in the Princess email about the cancellation but we haven't received that yet but of course, they have thousands of emails to go out)

If you look at the form, you can do this all by yourself, or you can wait for your TA to do it.

It took me just a few seconds to fill out, so i did it myself and saved my TA the trouble.

You don't even have to wait for an email from Princess to make your choice.

Cruising j’s ....key word is “ through” as in “ included”. Hope you find a nice replacement.

1 hour ago, CruisingJs said:

Which ship?  We are booked on an August 21 coastal cruise but haven’t received a cancellation notice.

On the Ruby? It has been cancelled. We have not received our cancellation notice from Princess either.

Just now, nini said:

On the Ruby? It has been cancelled. We have not received our cancellation notice from Princess either.

I just talked to my TA.  She verified it is cancelled.  Emails should be going out tomorrow.

24 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

Our TA did it. Unfortunately, you can  not specify your desired cabin for the new booking. Princess is supposed to book you in an available cabin of your category.

2 minutes ago, CruisingJs said:

I just talked to my TA.  She verified it is cancelled.  Emails should be going out tomorrow.

I am sure Princess has tons of e-mails to send out.

13 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

If you look at the form, you can do this all by yourself, or you can wait for your TA to do it.

It took me just a few seconds to fill out, so i did it myself and saved my TA the trouble.

You don't even have to wait for an email from Princess to make your choice.

I figured I could do it myself but I want to make sure that my TA will still get credit and commission for the replacement cruise. I would assume that that would be true but it is Princess we’re talking about. Anyway, I will be talking  to my TA tomorrow as we have a cruise that is still available for this fall we want to book.

1 hour ago, Grammy J said:

Thanks for the update. We are on the California coastal, Ruby, sailing September 11.  Our final payment is May 29th. Sure would like an update about that sailing before final payment. A tough time for all involved. 

You might be able to get an extension on final payment. I put a hold on that cruise a few days ago. Princess used my FCCs for cruise fare and gave me till July 13 to make final payment.

37 minutes ago, Elkins45 said:

The earliest cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale now listed on the Princess website are in November.

Los Angeles is showing as August.

7 hours ago, voljeep said:

Is this something new

Example - cancelled 7 day Caribbean cruise July and August 2021

replacement cruise price protected  " ANY " 7 day Caribbean cruise ....

It is interesting. When our AK cruise was cancelled, I was told by a Princess rep that my cruise would be rebooked into 2022 with the same or similar date. Later I found out that he was in error and we did not get that option UNLESS the cruise was paid in full. We received the option of FCC or refund.

Just had 3 Princess cruises cancelled (July 5, 31 and August 7).

Sigh.... not unexpected, but disappointing, all the same.

10 hours ago, cruisingrob21 said:

I'm a bit shocked that July Alaska voyages weren't included in this roundup.

10 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

But the Alaska cruises are still on?  That's a surprise but I would be shocked if our August 8th cruise is a go.

"Princess continues its discussion with various United States and Canadian government officials to try to preserve a portion of the Alaska 2021 cruise season."

My Nov. Med + TA Enchanted cruise is canceled, not surprised or upset.  I'm not sure I would have paid my final payment, as things didn't seem to be going well.  There is so much involved, so many issues, different rules for every country, I can't even imagine what it is taking for cruise lines.

3 hours ago, susancruzs said:

My Nov. Med + TA Enchanted cruise is canceled, not surprised or upset.  I'm not sure I would have paid my final payment, as things didn't seem to be going well.  There is so much involved, so many issues, different rules for every country, I can't even imagine what it is taking for cruise lines.

I would think there would be cruises from Southampton in November. Where did the Enchanted start from?

6 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I would think there would be cruises from Southampton in November. Where did the Enchanted start from?

I wonder if part if the issue is passengers actually getting to the cruise? I'm in Canada and, even if my August cruise from LA HAD sailed, I wouldn't have been able to go since Canada is "essential travel" only right now (not to mention the hoops to jump through just to get back in). It really is depressing...

10 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

She has not even sailed yet!  Still waiting for her inaugural cruise.  I think she’s in Greece at the moment, but things change very rapidly, so who knows where she’ll end up.

13 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Sky is doing a couple of cruises from Southampton in October, after the Seacation cruises. We are on the 14 day Med cruise departing October 22nd.  At present, after that cruise returns to Southampton on November 5th, Sky immediately does a TA.  

I wonder if, depending on how things are looking in a few months time, if Princess will decide to leave her in Europe over the winter months, and schedule a new raft of Med or Canary cruises.

5 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

I thought Greece was allowing cruising. 

Even if Greece allows cruising, there is the problem that many countries,  including the UK at the moment, demand that you quarantine on return from Greece, plus undergo various tests. Not exactly conducive to attracting customers.