Help please with cabin choice Celebrity Solstice!

What's your question?  Do you have a particular category/cabin in mind, Aqua Class, Concierge Class, etc.?  Lots of people who can help on specifics instead of combing thru the spreadsheet.  

10 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

What's your question?  Do you have a particular category/cabin in mind, Aqua Class, Concierge Class, etc.?  Lots of people who can help on specifics instead of combing thru the spreadsheet.  

Thanks Auntiemomo!

Looking at the Solstice Hong Kong to Singapore, Feb 2022

Narrowed my choice of cabin to deck 7

Cant decide which to go for, we don't want to go to Concierge as they are on higher decks, and not a fan of Aqua.

As quiet a room as possible {I understand that there will always be noisy guests!}

These seem to be in a good location with regards elevators etc.

Strange there are so many of them still available!

Seems like a busy cruise.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Karen.

Of all your choices, they all have bed by the bath configuration except 7247.  Both 7241 and 7245 have the largest balconies of the four.  The other two have large balconies also, but not as large.

Of the four choices, I would choose 7241.  It has bed by the bath.  It also has fold out sofa bed and upper berth if you have more than 2 people in the stateroom.  If you only have two people, you won't notice the upper berth as it is flush with the overhead.  They are all in a great location on the ship, so you can't go wrong with any of the picks, but 7241 would be my choice.

Posted (edited)

Do you prefer bed by the bath or by the balcony?   We prefer by the balcony as bed by the bath we feel limits access to the closet.

I believe that rooms with the square on them are bed by the bath (as the sleeper sofa is by the balcony).   Also first and third cabins off the hump are the larger balconies.

So my choice would be 7247 as that is the only bed by balcony in your list.   If you want bed by bath or don't care then it would be 7241 for the best view and larger balcony.

Edited by wrk2cruise

3 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Strange there are so many of them still available!

Seems like a busy cruise.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Karen.

We are on the Dec 19th holiday sailing and the ship is not very full (we are in a pair of balcony cabins on the Deck 9 starboard hump, BTW).  We have booked our flights and they are similarly empty.  Obviously COVID related.  I am not confident that our cruise will sail, but hopefully yours will.  

The rooms on Port side (odd numbers) are above the outdoor smoking area on 5. If sensitive to cigarette smoke, may not be ideal for you.  

I also prefer bed near bath room which 7288 has.

the balconies with cabins 7247 and 7288 are only about 50% larger than a standard balcony (have only the added triangular area) while the balconies with cabins 7241 and 7245 are about 150% larger than a standard balcony (add both a triangular area and a rectangular area)

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question about cabins on the Solstice as well.  We have been avid Princess cruisers but have decided to give Celebrity a try.  We've chosen a sunset veranda as I love the aft view and we have been assigned  7309.  There are other cabins in this category available.  Are the balconies / interiors all the same size or are there specific ones that are larger?  Any other factors that we should be aware of?

I have a deck plan that shows a photo of the aft cabins but don't know where I got it.  It looks to me that 7311, 7317, 7364 (the widest) and 7360 are wider than yours.  8349, 8353 and 8344 (widest) are wider also.  HTH.  We love the aft too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I have a deck plan that shows a photo of the aft cabins but don't know where I got it.  It looks to me that 7311, 7317, 7364 (the widest) and 7360 are wider than yours.  8349, 8353 and 8344 (widest) are wider also.  HTH.  We love the aft too.

Thank you!  Some of those are available so I will definitely look into moving to one of those.  The most availability seems to be on deck 6 but I'm not sure how noisy the restaurants below would be.  I looked at the comments on the spreadsheet and didn't see any complaints about noise from below, but we tend not to book any cabins with public decks above or below us.

Posted (edited)

I don't know how noisy the restaurants would be either.  I think I would go for deck 7 or 8.   Are either of the two widest available? 7364 or 8344?  Have a great cruise.  I have to wait till April 26!

BTW, this has nothing to do with your cruise but I notice your name.  DH just bought a camera the other day that we can mount on the house to watch the hummingbirds feeding.  We have some here that stay all year round and we have been feeding them.  However, mostly I have been watching the one in Thousand Oaks where the folks provided a live stream feed for us all to watch the eggs hatching etc and then their first flight.  Fascinating.

Edited by TeaBag

17 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I don't know how noisy the restaurants would be either.  I think I would go for deck 7 or 8.   Are either of the two widest available? 7364 or 8344?  Have a great cruise.  I have to wait till April 26!

BTW, this has nothing to do with your cruise but I notice your name.  DH just bought a camera the other day that we can mount on the house to watch the hummingbirds feeding.  We have some here that stay all year round and we have been feeding them.  However, mostly I have been watching the one in Thousand Oaks where the folks provided a live stream feed for us all to watch the eggs hatching etc and then their first flight.  Fascinating.

The two largest are gone.  This cruise is in January 2023 so we have a long wait but we do have 4 Princess cruises scheduled before then and keeping my fingers crossed that some of those will go.

My name is for our parrot who is like a small child to us, hence birdmom.  We have hummingbirds here in the desert too and they are fascinating.  Right now we are watching the baby Gambill's quails in our backyard.  They are funny little creatures, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you!  Some of those are available so I will definitely look into moving to one of those.  The most availability seems to be on deck 6 but I'm not sure how noisy the restaurants below would be.  I looked at the comments on the spreadsheet and didn't see any complaints about noise from below, but we tend not to book any cabins with public decks above or below us.

I have had 6399 which IIRC is above Blu. Never had any problem with noise from there. It doesn't get much in the way of passing foot traffic either so it is a nice quiet spot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

The two largest are gone.  This cruise is in January 2023 so we have a long wait

With the long wait there is a good chance that one of the SV cabins with the larger verandas may come available so keep checking. If so, you can make the change and keep your booking price since Celebrity permits moves within the same cabin category.

My DBiL loves 8344!

• Like 1

Thanks all!  I'm thinking of asking our TA to move us to 6312 as it is below the other two larger cabins.  Unless someone chimes in here and says that it's a bad location, that seems like a good plan.  And I will also watch the cabins available to see if one of the other two cabins opens up.  I always check Princess daily for availability so I'll just add the Celebrity website to my daily routine LOL.

That is over the Tuscan Grill which is a specialty restaurant and since the position is center aft you would be over open dining area and would not be worried about noise at all.

• Like 1