Cruise Next Certificates

I can’t seem to find what I am looking for so I figure I’ll ask here because I know I will get a quick answer.  We still have cruise next certificates that we haven’t used because we were waiting to see when/if cruising will start back up.  Do you actually have to take a cruise by the expiration date or just book a cruise by the expiration date?  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

I can’t seem to find what I am looking for so I figure I’ll ask here because I know I will get a quick answer.  We still have cruise next certificates that we haven’t used because we were waiting to see when/if cruising will start back up.  Do you actually have to take a cruise by the expiration date or just book a cruise by the expiration date?  Thanks!

Here are the terms.  
https://www.ncl.com/popup/cruisenext_terms?hide_hf=true

It says you must book AND sail within the 4 years.  

However, call them.  I believe they have been extending them one time a year due to Covid. 

I believe I've read here that if you call to book a cruise with it they will allow you to book a cruise within a year after the expiration (and do a courtesy extension to allow it) BUT if you cancel the cruise you will lose that CNC.  If NCL cancels the cruise you may be able to get it back but I wouldn't count on it.

• Like 1

Very helpful information.  Thank you!  Excited to be able to cruise again as I’ve started looking at cruises for late 2022.  I would hope by that time things will be back to normal.

• Like 1

I was able to apply a Cruise Next certificate today on a cruise that will take place after the expiration. To be clear, it hadn't expired yet. Depending where you look on NCL's site, you may see either that there is a (possibly separate) expiration date for embarking, or that there is only an expiry for booking.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I have just used 4 cruisenext vouchers on a couple of bookings. All but one of them expire before the cruise dates booked, a couple were over a year past their original dates.

Is NCL still offering double up on CN vouchers or maybe just for certain sailings?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

Is NCL still offering double up on CN vouchers or maybe just for certain sailings?

Yes, you can double up. I have a feeling that you can use two on any cabin at the moment (used to just be balcony or above), but can’t say for sure as we booked balconies.

Edit - too slow. 🙂

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1