Jump to content

Restart schedule


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, mumcat said:

We're booked on the Explorer cruise out of Miami on December 20.

Had Regent offered a little more flexibility over the changes they made to our booking we might have been on the same cruise.

 

7 hours ago, mumcat said:

Like you I hope that we are allowed into the USA but today I have read that the States have not yet approved the AZ vaccine so may not accept travellers who have had it. That will  be bad news for me although my OH had the Pfizer vacc.

I hope that vaccine partiality will not become an issue when international travel starts to reopen.

We are in the same boat (or maybe not!) in that both of us are double jabbed - one of us with AZ and the other with PfB.

At least for boarding the ship we should be OK as one of Regent’s FAQs states: "Vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will be accepted"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regent's restart in Europe looks like a total flop; plenty of room on the Med cruises.  And, new today, there is plenty of room on 17 December Splendor in Caribbean.  Easy to add availability today as prices go up tomorrow.

 

As of this Saturday, Crystal, Seabourn, and Silversea will all have at least one ship at sea.  Regent is still over TWO MONTHS away from their first cruise.  Of course, we won't know the winners (smart) from the losers (dumb) until after the fact; will be interesting to look back on the cruise industry during and after the pandemic written five to ten years from now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Regent's restart in Europe looks like a total flop; plenty of room on the Med cruises.  And, new today, there is plenty of room on 17 December Splendor in Caribbean.  Easy to add availability today as prices go up tomorrow.

 

As of this Saturday, Crystal, Seabourn, and Silversea will all have at least one ship at sea.  Regent is still over TWO MONTHS away from their first cruise.  Of course, we won't know the winners (smart) from the losers (dumb) until after the fact; will be interesting to look back on the cruise industry during and after the pandemic written five to ten years from now.

 

5 years from now, no one will remember a cruise line that started 60 days after another but they will remember a cruise line that started too soon and screwed it up.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pcardad said:

 

5 years from now, no one will remember a cruise line that started 60 days after another but they will remember a cruise line that started too soon and screwed it up.

As long as the late starter is still in business and wasn't adversely impacted by lack of cash flow or customers that went to greener pastures.  Too soon to say which is right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

As long as the late starter is still in business and wasn't adversely impacted by lack of cash flow or customers that went to greener pastures.  Too soon to say which is right.

Regent booking clients hand over fist - its never been so busy - not worried about them going under....more worried about Carnival.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Pcardad said:

5 years from now, no one will remember a cruise line that started 60 days after another but they will remember a cruise line that started too soon and screwed it up.

Probably true, but we will always remember Regent canceling our most anticipated cruise in years - twice! The second time in October, on Voyager, will always, IMO, remain a cruise that could have, and should have, sailed.

Some explanation of the whys behind their decision-making to drag out restart so long might have helped. I will always believe that Regent could have done it much faster and just as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, labonnevie said:

Probably true, but we will always remember Regent canceling our most anticipated cruise in years - twice! The second time in October, on Voyager, will always, IMO, remain a cruise that could have, and should have, sailed.

Some explanation of the whys behind their decision-making to drag out restart so long might have helped. I will always believe that Regent could have done it much faster and just as well.

I had 14 cancel....its Covid, stuff happens. Time to move on and start living again.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, flossie009 said:

Had Regent offered a little more flexibility over the changes they made to our booking we might have been on the same cruise.

 

I hope that vaccine partiality will not become an issue when international travel starts to reopen.

We are in the same boat (or maybe not!) in that both of us are double jabbed - one of us with AZ and the other with PfB.

At least for boarding the ship we should be OK as one of Regent’s FAQs states: "Vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will be accepted"

 

On 6/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, flossie009 said:

Had Regent offered a little more flexibility over the changes they made to our booking we might have been on the same cruise.

 

I hope that vaccine partiality will not become an issue when international travel starts to reopen.

We are in the same boat (or maybe not!) in that both of us are double jabbed - one of us with AZ and the other with PfB.

At least for boarding the ship we should be OK as one of Regent’s FAQs states: "Vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will be accepted"

We may be allowed on the ship but will we be allowed into the USA!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Maiden Explorer cruise from Venice went waitlist this week.  Whilst Oceania changed all their Venice stops to Trieste, Regent hasn't made the same move for Explorer or Splendor.  Could Regent be preparing to change the Explorer restart to the Caribbean?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Maiden Explorer cruise from Venice went waitlist this week.  Whilst Oceania changed all their Venice stops to Trieste, Regent hasn't made the same move for Explorer or Splendor.  Could Regent be preparing to change the Explorer restart to the Caribbean?  

Damn. Let’s hope nothing gets cancelled.  Especially since we have a vested interest in that we are on the Explorer cruise from Barcelona to Miami. Tough times. 
Z and TB

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Patients is key. There is a high probability that things will stay in a state of flux for the foreseeable future. A port that is open one day may not be the next day. A country that is accepting cruise this week, may not next week. I would expect that many cruises will have COVID positive passengers/crew on board. The key will be if the ship has enough medical capacity to keep the itinerary going and the sick isolated. It’s a risk that will be out there at least into 2022. For some the risk and on the fly itinerary changes will be worth it, For others who are about the destination, it will be a crapshoot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The RSSC.COM webpage has new Explorer voyages starting Oct 15 in Trieste: Trieste to Rome 8 nights, Trieste to Barcelona 16 nights, Trieste to Miami 30 Nights. Rome to Barcelona Oct 23 and Barcelona to Miami Oct 31 are still scheduled as before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RELS:

 

We are hanging by a slim thread as to actually boarding Explorer at Barcelona on October 31st for that segment to (?).  Who knows--maybe Miami; maybe Puerto Rico; maybe Charleston, SC.  

 

Have been anticipating this attempt to cruise again (after three Regent cancelations on ocean crises; and one Uniworld series of river boat segments in France).  

 

Frankly, anticipate this will also not be a go.  But, ever the optimist, all arrangements have been made to get us from SEATAC, via British Airlines to Heathrow; then on to Barcelona to Regent's assigned hotel on October 30th.   

 

One way or the other--will be resolved within the next 15-20 days.

 

GOARMY!

   

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, RELS said:

The RSSC.COM webpage has new Explorer voyages starting Oct 15 in Trieste: Trieste to Rome 8 nights, Trieste to Barcelona 16 nights, Trieste to Miami 30 Nights. Rome to Barcelona Oct 23 and Barcelona to Miami Oct 31 are still scheduled as before.

Where are you seeing those on the website? Pulling up all Explorer cruises still showed Venice departures when I looked this morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

Where are you seeing those on the website? Pulling up all Explorer cruises still showed Venice departures when I looked this morning.

 

rssc.com, find a cruise, ship: explorer, date: Oct, Nov 2021; view all cruises. There are no pictures for the Trieste cruises, but the itineraries and availability are both there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RELS said:

 

rssc.com, find a cruise, ship: explorer, date: Oct, Nov 2021; view all cruises. There are no pictures for the Trieste cruises, but the itineraries and availability are both there.

Thanks; they have added/changed them since this morning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

Thanks; they have added/changed them since this morning.

Your browser is not refreshing every time you re-visit a page - these cruises were added to the RSSC website a couple of days ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/27/2021 at 11:32 PM, flossie009 said:

Splendor left Civitavecchia this evening and is heading for Barcelona

 Having spent today in Barcelona, Splendor is now heading to Gibraltar; due there on Tuesday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Splendor refuelling today at anchor in Gibraltar harbour

fullsizeoutput_5a8.thumb.jpeg.a0b8419fb310e0255afd9592f00ae2b5.jpeg

 

Due to dock in Southampton on September 6th, according to the port schedule.

 

 

Thanks for the picture, Flossie!  It's nice to see a Regent ship actually getting ready to  "go somewhere"!  Thank God the UK is still allowing cruising and travelers to come!  Hopefully, the U.S. will also "come to it's senses soon" on a reasonable and rational cruising/travel policy for international guests.  Best Regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Splendor docked in Portsmouth about one hour ago. I believe she will move the short distance to Southampton early next week a few days ahead of the first Regent restart cruise 😀

……………….. just need some passengers.

 

Looking forward to some live reports from the first Regent sailing since Spring 2020

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...